The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 20,782
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 21,833
Shockwave 6th November 2015

I noticed some of the episodes my syncs were in 1st quarter of last year never had any royalties paid. I just submitted cue...

AmbientOne
replies: 1 views: 113
Jeff Hayat 3 hours ago

consider reading and supporting this bill in congress : Petition * Songwriter Petition to Congress: Pass the Music...

drBill
replies: 34 views: 999
tgriff 1 day ago

Since most of the other forums on GS have this topic I thought I'd start one here. Lets see your studio!

JasonvW
replies: 206 views: 59,407
goodkeys 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm working on my first soundtrack for an independent film. Should I deliver the files in stereo or surround...

world sound
replies: 1 views: 257
drBill 4 days ago

Link to article (click me!) 5 year old article about music...

Desire Inspires
replies: 6 views: 606
Desire Inspires 5 days ago

Hey guys, I've just completed a custom job; client overly satisfied with the results, money received, all well... ....not a...

freshdax
replies: 12 views: 932
Desire Inspires 5 days ago

I've never seen just how fast they've shown up in the few detections I've gotten with their free plan. Anyone with a lot of...

old ghost
replies: 21 views: 1,707
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

I'm half way though both Masterclasses. They are really very different. Hans Zimmer's is more of reflection on his...

jokerone
replies: 3 views: 424
Danny Scott 1 week ago

Does anybody know if the Producers/Composers who write tracks/albums for trailer publishing companies mix in Surround?...

Hunter123
replies: 4 views: 271
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Who has got it? Who doesn't? Why? Ever used it? Did it actually protect you? Is there a ceiling of...

drBill
replies: 124 views: 5,016
mediacomposeruk 1 week ago

First off sorry for opening up another thread, I wasn't able to find anything regarding the issue as follows: I'm just writing...

freshdax
replies: 11 views: 454
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

Hey guys, have been selling a lot of syncs lately and as always: to spot the end usage can get pretty hard! The only easy...

freshdax
replies: 3 views: 423
drBill 1 week ago

Hello GS Friends, In short: I'm doing my music things for about 10-12 years. I'm working right now on some new music. In...

Ovee
replies: 26 views: 583
Ovee 1 week ago

Hi all, I've got a general-ish question, but I'm trying to figure out something deeper too. I'm fairly new to working...

world sound
replies: 9 views: 383
drBill 1 week ago

Hey can anyone please help? My logic pro exports (when writing to film) are exactly 3 frames out every time and when exported...

boydell200
replies: 7 views: 524
tedmanzie 1 week ago

YouTube Its woody and intimate, has a folky element too.

Heyhellosup
replies: 6 views: 363
drBill 1 week ago

Has anyone been trying to pursue direct licensing opportunities with success (i.e. dealing with music supervisors direct)? Seems...

PetM
replies: 2 views: 379
drBill 1 week ago

I am new and green to the film composing aspect of music. Even though I have been studying and researching music production,...

CELJic
replies: 5 views: 592
drBill 1 week ago

Hello all, Perhaps someone could help me with my predicament? I'm working on my first film soundtrack. The film I was given...

world sound
replies: 1 views: 291
world sound 2 weeks ago

Range amount of tracks? Order of tracks? Same or different type emotions in each track (theme or random assortment)? Etc...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 0 views: 288
OddTimeGrinder 2 weeks ago

In the 25 plus years I've been mastering music for motion pictures, commercials and trailers everybody has said Robert Etoll has...

Silvertone
replies: 13 views: 1,348
noiseflaw 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, I've been a lurker here for years. I hope it's okay to post this here. I'm finishing up my undergraduate degree and...

p1nkr0ses
replies: 4 views: 532
Lerdar 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have been browsing to try and find a definite answer but not finding anything. I suspect that it is still within...

Crate
replies: 6 views: 425
gsilbers 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I've been lurking here for awhile now and first I'd just like to say that reading the posts from you guys (especially...

orbiterred
replies: 20 views: 775
Trebor75 2 weeks ago

I was commissioned to compose/produce a 20 second track for a seasonal video advertisement hosted on the website of a fairly...

jsbeeth
replies: 47 views: 1,735
Ardis 3 weeks ago

Buy Spitfire Chamber strings and Albion One? or buy Online Course at Berklee - Music Composition for Film & Tv? What would...

simon_rst
replies: 16 views: 754
Arcana 3 weeks ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 289 views: 11,558
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

I’m fairly new to this industry in the sense of actually utilizing the platform to make a little bit of money. I recently...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 1 views: 433
drBill 3 weeks ago

This song by Health (Blue Monday) is a re-make of a 1980s song. I'm wondering if anybody wants to guess at what the band used...

jokerone
replies: 7 views: 518
jokerone 3 weeks ago

Hi, This is my first post on this forum, not sure if I'm posting it in the right section. Here goes: I'm currently in the...

Guy Bacos
replies: 16 views: 1,027
Sam Watson 3 weeks ago

Here's a very cool vid that shows a teaser trailer being made live to picture. He's using Spitfire but this can apply to...

Danny Scott
replies: 0 views: 293
Danny Scott 3 weeks ago

I am a film/tv composer, just moved into a new studio space, and feel it's time to upgrade monitors from my JBL LSR305's. My...

PoliticalBonobo
replies: 43 views: 2,346
PoliticalBonobo 3 weeks ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 6 views: 575
jokerone 3 weeks ago

What's your experiences? I do stuff for a music trailer company (pitches) but no luck so far. Did anyone of you ever get a...

coder
replies: 97 views: 2,864
Mechanikproject 3 weeks ago

I scored an “indie” (probably considered a big indie, over $4 million budget) Film, and wrote some rock theme songs for it...

kslight
replies: 13 views: 504
tritace 3 weeks ago

Pros and cons? Do you prefer one over the other? Just doing a little research.

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 36 views: 1,663
Arcana 4 weeks ago

Hi! We're moving house and I have a chance to build a new studio for myself at the same time. I'm used to working with 2...

MikkoH
replies: 2 views: 340
MikkoH 4 weeks ago

(...yet another thread, sorry guys I just had to :cowbell:) ...so I have seen a lot of weird string orchestra proportions...

freshdax
replies: 14 views: 940
Troy Engle 4 weeks ago

Hi! I have been offered 2 record deals so far, one last year which I refused and another one from a different label last month...

ravaell
replies: 100 views: 2,951
OddTimeGrinder 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm a new guy pretending to be a film, comercial composer, and I'm in the process of getting new gears for my home...

Magic Music Box
replies: 10 views: 658
Danny Scott 4 weeks ago

I don't know if anybody has already posted this but I came across it today and thought the gang here might be interested to...

jokerone
replies: 8 views: 722
OddTimeGrinder 4 weeks ago

Hi, i have made almost 20 Commercials (15/30 sec Format) for Tv and Web worldwide, i'm on Bmi but i never collect any...

asimov
replies: 2 views: 443
newguy1 4 weeks ago

Hey I am a composer, And I've had my UltraNova for years now and I love it, I love they way the keys feel especially, they are...

MGMartino
replies: 4 views: 397
MGMartino 14th December 2017

Hey guys, Quick question involving revisions and ad work: Pending a few last approvals on the agencies side, I'll...

Sleevenotes
replies: 4 views: 342
Etch-A-Sketch 12th December 2017

Does anyone have any experience with this? Library in the US licensed one of my tracks for 2 separate adverts. Thousands of...

Amber
replies: 9 views: 521
Etch-A-Sketch 12th December 2017

On average, how long do you guys think it takes for your tracks to get placed? For instance I have had some tracks placed within...

Danny Scott
replies: 5 views: 576
Etch-A-Sketch 11th December 2017

I've been making a piece of music and well it's kind of gone the root of smooth elevator jazz so that's the angle I'm rolling...

Jonathan Race
replies: 0 views: 299
Jonathan Race 11th December 2017

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to orchestral libraries but excited to start playing around with them. I have a decent idea of...

newpollution
replies: 7 views: 531
Sam Watson 11th December 2017

Hello, Firstly, I'd like to thank the members and experts of this community for a lot of good info and tips about...

andthatswhatsup
replies: 9 views: 593
Danny Scott 10th December 2017

Hey all. What’s your favorite chain (pre, channel strip, etc) to add warmth to your digital compositions when you use...

Ari88
replies: 22 views: 1,058
Ari88 9th December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search