The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 457
Mechanikproject 1 week ago

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 4,206
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 25,936
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 27,024
Shockwave 6th November 2015

when a performance of a program takes place on a TV channel that has a license with ASCAP for which the channel is sampled only, ...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 5 views: 279
gsilbers 25 minutes ago

Hi, I would like to add a short demo reel on my Linkedin profile, but Soundcloud playlists (and solo tracks) can't be embedded....

Donedeal0
replies: 0 views: 73
Donedeal0 7 hours ago

I hope this is the right place to inquire about this. I bought a sound effects library: Ambience & Backgrounds - Jazz...

SDDP
replies: 4 views: 219
Jeff Hayat 1 day ago

Interested to see what people think of this. Homecoming: All the Classic Movie Soundtracks Used as the Score | IndieWire In...

Pliocene
replies: 1 views: 297
din 1 day ago

Recorded with multiple mics which were then later summed into: Close, Decca, Hall This does not sound normal to me for an...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 26 views: 721
drBill 1 day ago

Hello all Thanks in advance to everyone helping me to clear my doubts: So, I would like to know how to get the ISWC codes...

BrunoChulapi
replies: 4 views: 356
pentagon 1 day ago

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

Stojzz
replies: 21 views: 2,944
100raku 3 days ago

For someone who has a unique selection of music available for exclusive license, what's the best way to find a good...

AmbientOne
replies: 4 views: 446
100raku 3 days ago

Hello all, Today my track was rejected bij AJ today. What do you think that I need to improve? DSM - Life Falling Down -...

Volt9
replies: 22 views: 1,125
100raku 3 days ago

Sorry , it's such a simple question. I just want a lite software that i can use on Windows PC to overlap audio on my video...

sloan11
replies: 3 views: 510
Eggiebertus 4 days ago

Hello, How much time does it take to learn WWise? Is the certification given in the end of the training enough to be...

Donedeal0
replies: 5 views: 346
bschmidt 4 days ago

I am working on audio for a video with someone and cannot figure out how to get the video screen back in Pro Tools 2018 when it...

pw2005
replies: 1 views: 222
drBill 5 days ago

Just got my royalty statement for this quarter. They took 35% of my blanket cable royalties! The adjustment reason states...

Desire Inspires
replies: 57 views: 2,646
Eggiebertus 5 days ago
replies: 1 views: 333
AsherP 5 days ago

Hello! So, I just upgraded my vlogging setup a bit. My channel is at YouTube As you can tell, most of the audio is pretty bad,...

baterax
replies: 1 views: 272
Volt9 1 week ago

Does anyone have any experience with this? Library in the US licensed one of my tracks for 2 separate adverts. Thousands of...

Amber
replies: 17 views: 1,341
Amber 1 week ago

I have little experience booking halls for recording sessions, and am thinking there might be someone here who knows more/better...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 4 views: 652
pentagon 1 week ago

If a US based, BMI affiliated writer works with a well established PRS library that happens not to have a US sub-publisher will...

sleepingtiger
replies: 0 views: 266
sleepingtiger 1 week ago

I know this isn't totally related to this forum but you guys seem to have a better grasp of the whole PRO thing than most so I...

orbiterred
replies: 1 views: 403
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Hey, Pretty sure this isn't the right place for this post, but I couldn't really see anywhere to ask monetisation type...

dedzy
replies: 11 views: 672
Cosmicdolphin 1 week ago

I write music for film and tv, lots of "tension cues". A lot of my music is receiving comments like great structure,...

Meralon
replies: 19 views: 3,485
MusicMan1966 1 week ago

Im sure if I did some solid research on the subject I could find my own answers, but I'm more interested in knowing what the...

Jake Break
replies: 15 views: 3,881
MusicMan1966 1 week ago

Hello, I have the possibility to sign a dozen of songs to a publisher, who offers an exclusive deal and an equal share on each...

Redmont
replies: 70 views: 3,761
youngrichyrich 2 weeks ago

anyone find it hard to compose alllll the time ? i love music, but sometimes i wish i was a rock star that only had to release...

invalidusername
replies: 59 views: 8,925
Greg_KPX 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I made this 3D animation that was accepted by VEVO. I worked on it for 3 years. :D Music is EDM but in a good way (it...

veks
replies: 1 views: 534
veks 2 weeks ago

I don't care what you think of Trump, good or bad, but this legislation is a good start. Let's see how fast this turns into a...

Danny Scott
replies: 11 views: 1,052
brockorama 2 weeks ago

Anybody using any of these online sample sites? I used a free trial to download some kick and snare samples. I did notice that...

Danny Scott
replies: 35 views: 2,562
psycho_monkey 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, anyone know of other forums more for composers/producers who have to write/record/produce for TV commercials and TV...

hoveneverslackin
replies: 13 views: 6,659
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

Can anyone tell me who are the leaders in the production/library music field? I am writing a college dissertation where i need to...

woodfoot
replies: 30 views: 2,605
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

When writing for orchestra, I will get these ideas that sound great in my head, but when it comes to putting them down in my...

Tylerg1011
replies: 1 views: 483
charlieclouser 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 14 views: 1,914
peter5992 3 weeks ago

Hi, When checking on a governmental website the official tax declaration of a company with which I may sign some songs (I...

Donedeal0
replies: 5 views: 568
drBill 3 weeks ago

I have been writing music for over 20 years. Since I regarded music production as a hobby (I studied and work as a horn player),...

denstrow
replies: 18 views: 1,226
gsilbers 3 weeks ago

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 274 views: 32,231
007 3 weeks ago

It's here, it's here, it's here! Well ... next week it will be. :) The Study of Orchestration (Fourth Edition): Samuel Adler:...

peter5992
replies: 24 views: 5,568
robgriff 3 weeks ago

I know a legal question may be misplaced here, but there is high activity in this sub so I thought I would give it a go. I...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 4 views: 671
gsilbers 3 weeks ago

Hello all, this is my first post. I have to say I've spent many hours reading post in this forum and I want to thank you all...

BrunoChulapi
replies: 2 views: 560
BrunoChulapi 3 weeks ago

Very basic question and something I really should know and so I'm hoping someone can help. When PRS pay royalties, in this...

marksargison
replies: 7 views: 814
kclements 4 weeks ago

when composing additive music For games, does anyone use masterbus effects for volume or compression on the stems? I am so used...

lopan
replies: 0 views: 390
lopan 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 23 views: 2,424
olbean 4 weeks ago

I been wanting to get into sync licensing for TV, Film, Ads, Game ...ect but not a clue where to start. Got a few questions for...

juiseman
replies: 9 views: 849
drBill 4 weeks ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 41 views: 2,930
AudioSoundzz 4 weeks ago

Let's say you have music you are marketing -- what do some of you charge for different uses (i.e. film, advertising, etc.) and...

noah440
replies: 9 views: 787
Etch-A-Sketch 4 weeks ago

Looks like Songtradr went 'pay to play' yesterday... Strange how it looks like it is not possible for such companies to earn...

NFL
replies: 17 views: 6,282
Danny Scott 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I though it would be nice to have a thread where we all share tips and things we've learnt from doing our libary...

librarymusictips
replies: 30 views: 1,615
Etch-A-Sketch 4 weeks ago

Hi, Does anyone recognize the instrument used in Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell? I mean that descending four note ostinato...

Jaakko
replies: 3 views: 481
drBill 4 weeks ago

Hi. Friends, does anyone have any experience working in the Really slow motion or Audiomachine and others. Share please...

Arlidar
replies: 9 views: 1,335
dannymc 4 weeks ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 23 views: 6,221
RealityCheck 13th October 2018

Hello everyone, I posted this topic in the Post sub-forum but thankfully was guided to the correct one. So here is a repost....

jjitter
replies: 12 views: 748
Sekkle 13th October 2018

Senate Passes Music Modernization Act – Variety Ok, cool. I think. I have read up on this a bit, like this art for...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 6 views: 835
DrAudiospecific 9th October 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search