The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

For your information, we have a Q&A with upcoming composer, arranger, performing artist Brendan Angelides, known as...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 658
Reptil 2 weeks ago

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 1,570
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 23,553
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 24,608
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Audiosparx

I'm looking to get into some music libraries and I got accepted into Audiosparx recently. Anyone have experience with them?...

Amber
replies: 204 views: 41,535
topaz 3 hours ago

Hello there. I made this video and music months ago. I've composed it and recorded it in just one day (hence the many...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 67
okarowarrior 7 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 92
Desire Inspires 8 hours ago

Hey guys ! I thought I'd let all my fellow Gearslutz users know that the video game company Ubisoft Entertainment is looking for...

Sillyrobin
replies: 18 views: 583
Sillyrobin 11 hours ago

Posted this in the main gear section for some "exposure" but this is really the only place i post/read so I figured I'd...

orbiterred
replies: 3 views: 370
007 20 hours ago

Hey, To come straight to the point: I'm just working/arranging an Avicii song for a live orchestra setup...it sounds damn good,...

freshdax
replies: 8 views: 615
freshdax 3 days ago

US folks, are Univision royalties in line with the likes of NBC, CBS etc? I've just had a library album released that getting...

Amber
replies: 8 views: 666
AlpacaRoom 4 days ago

Just curious what your guys approach is? Obviously it's quicker to send out singles once completed, but as an approach, would...

SpikeWolf
replies: 19 views: 1,091
Desire Inspires 5 days ago

I have some music being recorded, and there will be only two flutes, so I wanted to have a picc player play the pic parts. Not...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 11 views: 524
Etch-A-Sketch 5 days ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 18 views: 2,995
BobBirthisel 5 days ago

Hey guys, I’ve got an exceptional question I´d like to ask you. I am part of a research team that bothers itself with the...

MarcGermany
replies: 0 views: 279
MarcGermany 6 days ago

Hey All, I realize this might not be the best place for it but I know there are some fairly well respected mixers here, and...

orbiterred
replies: 5 views: 606
orbiterred 6 days ago

...the following, simple, hypothetic (!) scenario: -I have a pretty amazing sounding orchestral track, for which I didn't used a...

freshdax
replies: 5 views: 602
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

I make sad post-minimalist electonic music oszillating between Minimal Music, Neue Berliner Schule and Electronic Chamber,...

memristor
replies: 1 views: 429
memristor 1 week ago

I'm trying to learn how to recreate the orchestral scores from big movie composers (Williams, Zimmer, Newman, etc). Where do you...

andy0568
replies: 11 views: 526
tritace 1 week ago

Yay! Or not :/ Received this email: Hello Jeffrey! We are thrilled to notify you of your 2018 ASCAP Screen Award. This...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 34 views: 1,225
ionian 1 week ago

Was at a talk recently hosted by a publishing company and one of their writers was talking about typically getting sync fees of...

PetM
replies: 19 views: 1,111
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

I signed and delivered two albums of production music to a US library that's connected to a large well regarded distributor. The...

sleepingtiger
replies: 18 views: 925
sleepingtiger 1 week ago

Hi. This is my first entry. I edit videos for my own music, since it seems people are more keen to hear it if it has something...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 325
okarowarrior 1 week ago

What among your studio or writing gear has survived the test of time? Not talking about "old" gear that you recently...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 28 views: 1,195
Soonar 1 week ago

Hey guys, When cold calling - do you research and target specific people within whatever organization/library/agency you're...

Sleevenotes
replies: 9 views: 690
usainmahmud 2 weeks ago

For a newbie, what are the Top Music Library/Publishing companies you have done business with? I'm looking for someone who...

jokerone
replies: 156 views: 16,448
Arcana 2 weeks ago

I know this is information that many may not want to share, but I`m looking to write for more briefs this year, rather than just...

Josh Rose
replies: 27 views: 1,324
Arcana 2 weeks ago

Identifyy.me claims to search for copyright violations of your music on Youtube, facebook and instagram. If they find any of...

SingerSongWriter
replies: 0 views: 362
SingerSongWriter 2 weeks ago

Hey Guys, Quick question. I am an American who writes for primarily American Exclusives. I just got picked up by a UK...

Danny Scott
replies: 1 views: 396
usainmahmud 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, haven't been around in some time. The short of it is that life, bills and family took a turn that rendered the...

old ghost
replies: 8 views: 693
old ghost 2 weeks ago

I've been using Tunesat to track the music I have in a few libraries. It detected several placements in Q2/Q3 2017 that did not...

oymusic
replies: 10 views: 887
oymusic 2 weeks ago

I scored an “indie” (probably considered a big indie, over $4 million budget) Film, and wrote some rock theme songs for it...

kslight
replies: 17 views: 1,082
kslight 2 weeks ago

Hello everybody, I'm working on an article about the series "The Defiant Ones" and need some help....

Tristor
replies: 7 views: 529
Tristor 2 weeks ago

Can anyone suggest any recent, Western films (within the last 5 years or thereabouts) that feature Arabic maqam music? An example...

Walshy
replies: 0 views: 348
Walshy 3 weeks ago

If you submit to a library and are rejected but receive feedback from someone at the library who listened to your track, should...

syncnoob
replies: 2 views: 522
drBill 3 weeks ago

Hi! Was wondering what levels are people aiming for when mastering their own tracks for libraries? What kind of LUFS or PLR...

MikkoH
replies: 19 views: 1,255
Volt9 3 weeks ago

Hi guys! I currently record vocals with a TLM 103 and a Scarlett 2i4, my problem is, I don't feel like the Scarlett alone does my...

DenversWorld
replies: 13 views: 760
Mrx 4 weeks ago

If you have a few hours to kill ... this is absolutely hysterical. Crass jokes, references to pop culture and classic movies and...

peter5992
replies: 5 views: 591
kslight 4 weeks ago

Right now I'm in the very early stages of being a composer. I've been a dj/producer for many years, so I'm using that knowledge...

djshire
replies: 13 views: 916
gsilbers 4 weeks ago

Hey guys! Quick, simple question: If I have a track already registered at my PRO, will it also cover the douzens short...

freshdax
replies: 2 views: 398
VitaEtMusica 4 weeks ago

I just found out Shutterstock.com has a music licensing section - anyone have any experience with it? I've read plenty here...

smilinjames
replies: 2 views: 543
freshdax 4 weeks ago

Hey folks, Does anybody have any recommendations for having a lyric video made? I know I could make one myself but I'd...

bodega.
replies: 0 views: 523
bodega. 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I have had a music library reach out to me and ask if I'd be interested in writing and submitting music to...

jmtrujillo
replies: 2 views: 507
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Hey guys! I work with Getty Music but their site has been down for like 2 months. Anyone else having this issue or know what's...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 27 views: 1,354
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm looking for a mixing engineer who works in a 5.1 environment (or composer) and has their own set up to shadow....

composerken
replies: 5 views: 550
narcoman 19th May 2018

Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1encCa5TU Hello all, I know such questions are really difficult to answer and not...

jjitter
replies: 5 views: 462
jjitter 19th May 2018

What's the process for correcting this problem? I have two feature films streaming on Prime... neither have submitted cue...

spiderman
replies: 6 views: 723
spiderman 18th May 2018

What are some of the things you do to find inspiration when you want to work on new music?

Moda3rd
replies: 19 views: 1,347
Amber 18th May 2018

Hey, did the music & sound design for this 900ft projection in Bahrain Bay for Gulf Air as they launch the new Boeing...

buzzlegs
replies: 11 views: 633
buzzlegs 18th May 2018

Just a question which has been on my mind for a bit: How much of this old-school academic I-IV-V/I-II-V stuff when it comes to...

color
replies: 55 views: 2,368
color 18th May 2018

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 22 views: 1,547
G.K. 14th May 2018

Hi everyone! I'm urgently looking for a legacy installer of Sonnox's Oxford EQ+GML plugin, generation 5, version 2.xx. HDX or...

MariusH
replies: 1 views: 363
MariusH 14th May 2018

Ok, so I've been a music producer for many years, I have a lot of songs and pieces of music. I've never really done much with...

commodore
replies: 2 views: 556
commodore 11th May 2018

Hey guys, I was wondering about your approach on publishing. Let's take for granted we all make usable music and now we want to...

guinea
replies: 34 views: 1,874
teza788 11th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search