The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

replies: 26 views: 21,973
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

replies: 18 views: 23,001
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Sometimes it really hits me. I am down in sunny FL this week doing Disney with the kids, visiting the in-laws, and most...

Sam Watson
replies: 3 views: 88
Jeff Hayat 12 minutes ago

Hi Folks, I'm trying to add background acoustic guitars for a new short film music I am making. I am having a hard time mixing...

replies: 1 views: 59
drBill 1 hour ago

(Kind of) So I, like many other composers starting off, began on Audiojungle. I had no idea what I was doing at the time; I just...

replies: 47 views: 4,079
Desire Inspires 2 hours ago

The Thomas Newman thread made me realize there's quite a lot of his films I'd only ever watch again for the music. And there's...

replies: 4 views: 190
Brent Hahn 3 hours ago

What do you reckon a concert like this costs to put on? I watched this on Netflix and it sounded good, looked good, huge...

replies: 5 views: 309
Sam Watson 3 hours ago

I really started following film music after hearing Thomas Newman... over the years he's someone I've returned too as an...

replies: 14 views: 5,456
erictfree 18 hours ago

Has anyone had any experience in licensing music via ? They've been around for several years...

replies: 89 views: 10,089
Audio Child 1 day ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

replies: 13 views: 1,488
PetM 2 days ago

Hi everyone Just a quick question about tv royalties. I am fairly new to the library music business, but since a few month I...

replies: 24 views: 1,237
Desire Inspires 2 days ago

Hey guys, I am using the newest Albion One Spitfire and notice that just 1 nki patch is sometimes taking 2 minutes to load up...

Danny Scott
replies: 11 views: 557
Danny Scott 3 days ago

Hi, I just recently became another mail for an pretty much unusual project. The client is sort of a magician and wants 4:00...

replies: 25 views: 1,000
Noisewagon 4 days ago

This isn't necessarily a depressing post, but a pragmatic one. I do a good deal of research listening to production library...

Desire Inspires
replies: 56 views: 2,859
color 1 week ago

I have about 15 TV commercials that came up on Tunesat. Most are a French TV network, but one is ABC. I haven't received any...

replies: 1 views: 312
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

I placed a song in a French TV production, but can't find which show it is in. BMI already sent the check, but I'm curious what...

replies: 2 views: 327
AmbientOne 1 week ago

I am a seasoned composer, songwriter and sound designer with over 20+ years of experience writing in just about every musical...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 66 views: 3,444
Noisewagon 1 week ago

hi, i am about to design console desk for my MackieMCU&XT, monitor controller, double CD remote, patch bays, etc... if I...

replies: 4 views: 332
D2K 1 week ago

Hey guys, just found out that one of my tracks has been used in an episode of „Gotham“, as a background music in a scene,...

replies: 25 views: 806
implant 1 week ago

Searching for a tv programme that may be famous in certain circles, or it may be a total unknown. Could you guys please help me...

replies: 0 views: 217
MusicEasel 1 week ago

Hello, although this is a technical issue, i hope some of you can share your experence with video output in Cubase 9. My...

replies: 0 views: 195
noisekeeper 1 week ago

Just re-discovered this soundtrack. I played this game a ton when I was a young teen. You could put the CD in a CD player and...

replies: 21 views: 3,981
Noisewagon 1 week ago

Hey guys, I've never written anything live for singers so far, but did quite some acapella VST I plan to bringing...

replies: 4 views: 367
Sam Watson 1 week ago

I dont know about you but I often find myself working into the early hours tweaking - I always do my best work at night. Recently...

replies: 9 views: 437
Gusss 1 week ago

When using Cinematic Studio Strings, some of the articulations on the some of the instruments do not produce any sound. Seems...

replies: 4 views: 209
EveningBirdSong 1 week ago

Hi guys! I currently record vocals with a TLM 103 and a Scarlett 2i4, my problem is, I don't feel like the Scarlett alone does my...

replies: 9 views: 371
DenversWorld 1 week ago

What wee little flute is being played here starting at 00:30 thanks

replies: 2 views: 203
jokerone 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could recommend any synths that are geared towards 80s horror soundtracks. I'm looking for...

replies: 59 views: 25,348
Ultimate Science 2 weeks ago

Dumb thread title :facepalm: I know more than a few things about the film ind., but I am a tad shy on some things. Maybe...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 14 views: 575
Jeff Hayat 2 weeks ago

In an effort to figure out if internet sites like Facebook and instagram pay royalties, I stumbled across this. I found it quite...

replies: 5 views: 470
currentstatus 2 weeks ago

Since most of the other forums on GS have this topic I thought I'd start one here. Lets see your studio!

replies: 213 views: 62,978
Ratplan 2 weeks ago

Hey folks , I've just noticed that a very old TV-Series of mine is on air in the U.S. , on a spanish Cable TV Channel called ...

replies: 6 views: 515
G.K. 2 weeks ago

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

replies: 18 views: 744
dannymc 2 weeks ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

replies: 333 views: 14,620
currentstatus 2 weeks ago

hi guys working on a kind of adventure music and ive got my inspiration from this video YouTube can you identify all...

replies: 13 views: 540
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I just wanted to know roughly how long it takes other composers to write? I remember reading in Sound on Sound that...

replies: 3 views: 365
lornemalvo 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm looking for the best piano library in terms of playability and realistic feel of the instrument: smooth and realistic...

replies: 23 views: 4,206
drBill 2 weeks ago

Hello there talented colleagues, The holidays were lovely for us over here save for one small detail: Our house was robbed...

Sam Watson
replies: 72 views: 5,498
Ienjoyaudio 2 weeks ago

Hi all - I had a quick question on royalty payments. I've noticed some of my music has been placed through various libraries....

replies: 26 views: 1,171
drBill 3 weeks ago

When i solo the hall mic in HY DAMAGE (big perc patches) i can listen to what appears to be a separte hall /room sound than from...

replies: 13 views: 672
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Hi! I am a student at the University of the Arts in the Netherlands and at the moment I am making my thesis about EDM in...

replies: 55 views: 2,204
Dale Turner 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, If some big music library is interested in your music, how long time you would wait to things to be happening? We have...

replies: 7 views: 493
Mechanikproject 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm working on my first soundtrack for an independent film. Should I deliver the files in stereo or surround...

world sound
replies: 7 views: 698
Roloalcien 3 weeks ago

Hi All, At the risk of asking about the "holy grail", (and apologies in advance if this is the case), I was hoping...

replies: 6 views: 417
ScoobyDoo555 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I represent TubeTunes, a platform to integrate video creators with music creators. We're looking to expand our music...

replies: 18 views: 722
Danny Scott 3 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but.... As the title say, can a composer join the AFM? The "slogan"...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 7 views: 415
jeffc 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, Is there any of you guys here who really makes good money with selling either full scores for orchestral music or...

replies: 0 views: 242
freshdax 3 weeks ago

Very Sad News, Film Composer Johann Johannsson has past away at the age 48. Peace be upon him. Johann Johannsson...

replies: 2 views: 610
currentstatus 4 weeks ago

Most of my personal stuff is too weird & experimental I guess for most licensing gigs, but I have roughly 30-40 decent...

replies: 2 views: 348
lornemalvo 4 weeks ago

I don't post every time he introduces a new class - and I plan on not making a habit of this - but this one I think deserves...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 4 views: 590
teknatronik 4 weeks ago

Hey guys! I work with Getty Music but their site has been down for like 2 months. Anyone else having this issue or know what's...

replies: 26 views: 855
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

I've composing for TV for many years. Here are some of my best mistakes. Curious to know what are yours? I was getting lots of...

replies: 90 views: 15,567
JamesOnFlames 4 weeks ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search