The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 2,067
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 24,020
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 25,085
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hey guys, Wanted to float out this question to you all since ASCAP domestic just paid this morning... I am seeing what...

clearside
replies: 25 views: 972
syncnoob 3 minutes ago

Hello, I have the possibility to sign a dozen of songs to a publisher, who offers an exclusive deal and an equal share on each...

Redmont
replies: 53 views: 1,924
Chris_S 31 minutes ago

Has anyone tried a service besides Tunesat for monitoring music used in broadcast or internet? Just wondering if anyone has first...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 2 views: 124
clearside 5 hours ago

Hey guys ! I thought I'd let all my fellow Gearslutz users know that the video game company Ubisoft Entertainment is looking for...

Sillyrobin
replies: 59 views: 2,600
veks 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I’ve got an exceptional question I´d like to ask you. I am part of a research team that bothers itself with the...

MarcGermany
replies: 1 views: 413
VitaEtMusica 16 hours ago

Does anybody have info or personal experience with UCLA Extension's film-scoring certificate? I'm a classical musician but...

SlyStone
replies: 8 views: 425
SlyStone 23 hours ago

Here’s the situation: a friend* of mine has a small-scale digital media operation and has recently used MusicBed to license...

nwade90
replies: 6 views: 347
drBill 1 day ago

Not sure what the rules are here so if this violates any feel free to delete! Not looking for any sort of ego stroke, but I feel...

orbiterred
replies: 47 views: 1,498
chrischoir 2 days ago

Just a fun video I made with my guitar student of a version of "Song of Storm" from Ocarina Of time. What do you...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 296
okarowarrior 3 days ago

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 268 views: 28,418
Desire Inspires 3 days ago

Here's a fun little track preset I put together called 'The Cluster Designer". I use this when I want to bend notes...

Benmrx
replies: 2 views: 319
Benmrx 5 days ago

Anybody using any of these online sample sites? I used a free trial to download some kick and snare samples. I did notice that...

Danny Scott
replies: 30 views: 980
CosmicDolph1n 6 days ago

Hi, Sometimes, I hear music in tv-series that sound similar to some of my songs, but in the end, mine gather dust. Therefore,...

Redmont
replies: 3 views: 631
pentagon 1 week ago

Why doe movies sound so good? Gates, eq, comp??

filterfreak
replies: 4 views: 527
sopranos 1 week ago

I met Robert over at NAMM, such a nice and humble guy. He's a bit of a sound genius too! Here's a great interview with him...

BryanB
replies: 0 views: 322
BryanB 1 week ago

Hi guys I am trying to track down some well-priced samples, either as a library or to be purchased individually - or even in...

yeloop
replies: 4 views: 468
Amber 1 week ago

Hello fellow composers. I recently got the bug to start making tutorials, tips+tricks videos, etc. This is my first attempt at a...

Benmrx
replies: 2 views: 369
Benmrx 1 week ago

I scored an “indie” (probably considered a big indie, over $4 million budget) Film, and wrote some rock theme songs for it...

kslight
replies: 18 views: 1,261
kslight 1 week ago

Delighted with this, my score of the movie 'Sodium Party' is being released on vinyl by the 'Spun Out Of Control label......

buzzlegs
replies: 1 views: 415
nspaas 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 413
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

Is there a preferred format for when i send some music to a tv show? Just wondering. Thanks.

zeep
replies: 2 views: 451
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

Audiosparx

I'm looking to get into some music libraries and I got accepted into Audiosparx recently. Anyone have experience with them?...

Amber
replies: 210 views: 42,577
topaz 2 weeks ago

Trying to decide between the two. Both are on sale. (Last day) East west seems to do sales more often. NI once or twice a...

jx-10recorder
replies: 0 views: 338
jx-10recorder 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I've had a lot of music on all of these different sites and have gotten paid 0 for tens or even hundreds of millions...

usainmahmud
replies: 4 views: 692
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

Hey, To come straight to the point: I'm just working/arranging an Avicii song for a live orchestra setup...it sounds damn good,...

freshdax
replies: 10 views: 822
Sekkle 3 weeks ago

I’ve used a few distributors and am fine with them, but just stumbled on Symphonic. They advertise a “one stop” type of...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 0 views: 347
OddTimeGrinder 3 weeks ago
replies: 5 views: 772
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Hello there. I made this video and music months ago. I've composed it and recorded it in just one day (hence the many...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 345
okarowarrior 3 weeks ago

Posted this in the main gear section for some "exposure" but this is really the only place i post/read so I figured I'd...

orbiterred
replies: 3 views: 492
007 3 weeks ago

US folks, are Univision royalties in line with the likes of NBC, CBS etc? I've just had a library album released that getting...

Amber
replies: 8 views: 779
AlpacaRoom 4 weeks ago

Just curious what your guys approach is? Obviously it's quicker to send out singles once completed, but as an approach, would...

SpikeWolf
replies: 19 views: 1,222
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

I have some music being recorded, and there will be only two flutes, so I wanted to have a picc player play the pic parts. Not...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 11 views: 605
Etch-A-Sketch 4 weeks ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 18 views: 3,437
BobBirthisel 4 weeks ago

Hey All, I realize this might not be the best place for it but I know there are some fairly well respected mixers here, and...

orbiterred
replies: 5 views: 698
orbiterred 4 weeks ago

...the following, simple, hypothetic (!) scenario: -I have a pretty amazing sounding orchestral track, for which I didn't used a...

freshdax
replies: 5 views: 689
Etch-A-Sketch 4 weeks ago

I make sad post-minimalist electonic music oszillating between Minimal Music, Neue Berliner Schule and Electronic Chamber,...

memristor
replies: 1 views: 511
memristor 4 weeks ago

I'm trying to learn how to recreate the orchestral scores from big movie composers (Williams, Zimmer, Newman, etc). Where do you...

andy0568
replies: 11 views: 627
tritace 4 weeks ago

Yay! Or not :/ Received this email: Hello Jeffrey! We are thrilled to notify you of your 2018 ASCAP Screen Award. This...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 34 views: 1,362
ionian 4 weeks ago

Was at a talk recently hosted by a publishing company and one of their writers was talking about typically getting sync fees of...

PetM
replies: 19 views: 1,235
Desire Inspires 15th June 2018

I signed and delivered two albums of production music to a US library that's connected to a large well regarded distributor. The...

sleepingtiger
replies: 18 views: 1,029
sleepingtiger 13th June 2018

Hi. This is my first entry. I edit videos for my own music, since it seems people are more keen to hear it if it has something...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 393
okarowarrior 13th June 2018

What among your studio or writing gear has survived the test of time? Not talking about "old" gear that you recently...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 28 views: 1,296
Soonar 11th June 2018

Hey guys, When cold calling - do you research and target specific people within whatever organization/library/agency you're...

Sleevenotes
replies: 9 views: 779
usainmahmud 10th June 2018

For your information, we have a Q&A with upcoming composer, arranger, performing artist Brendan Angelides, known as...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 785
Reptil 8th June 2018

For a newbie, what are the Top Music Library/Publishing companies you have done business with? I'm looking for someone who...

jokerone
replies: 156 views: 17,203
Arcana 7th June 2018

I know this is information that many may not want to share, but I`m looking to write for more briefs this year, rather than just...

Josh Rose
replies: 27 views: 1,430
Arcana 7th June 2018

Identifyy.me claims to search for copyright violations of your music on Youtube, facebook and instagram. If they find any of...

SingerSongWriter
replies: 0 views: 427
SingerSongWriter 7th June 2018

Hey Guys, Quick question. I am an American who writes for primarily American Exclusives. I just got picked up by a UK...

Danny Scott
replies: 1 views: 477
usainmahmud 7th June 2018

Hey folks, haven't been around in some time. The short of it is that life, bills and family took a turn that rendered the...

old ghost
replies: 8 views: 777
old ghost 6th June 2018

I've been using Tunesat to track the music I have in a few libraries. It detected several placements in Q2/Q3 2017 that did not...

oymusic
replies: 10 views: 975
oymusic 4th June 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search