The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 39,266
spiderman 19th August 2019

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 17,259
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 39,850
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hello fellow Gearslutz -- I'll try to keep this concise, but specific. I've searched everywhere but can't seem to identify a...

jrbishopmusic
replies: 12 views: 365
jrbishopmusic 19 hours ago

Dear Contributor, We are notifying you that we are retiring the Getty Images Music Portal platform in early June. To meet the...

Desire Inspires
replies: 14 views: 2,145
freshdax 1 day ago

I've had it sitting on my desk for 3 months. 2021 has blessed me (and many others I'm sure) some actual time to experiment with...

Eddyster
replies: 0 views: 170
Eddyster 2 days ago

Hi all, I've been doing sound and music for video games every day for about 12-13 years now, and audio for about 28...

InGameSound
replies: 4 views: 1,184
avensis 3 days ago

Hello everyone, So I just got this new contract for music conservatories and they want to record 63 musicians in different...

simonwalls
replies: 6 views: 169
Sharp11 3 days ago

I know this discussion has gone on forever ad nauseum, but no matter how many opinions I read I end up frustrated because no one...

buzzripper
replies: 2 views: 159
kenose 3 days ago

Anyone come across this library? $200 a year unlimited downloads. A very user friendly model but wondering how good it is for...

tomjonson
replies: 44 views: 6,456
jazz4 4 days ago

Hello, This could be a computer forum question, but I think the people who will have the best answer to this question are over...

gearstudent
replies: 6 views: 289
Noisewagon 5 days ago

I've left my original P.R.O. in Europe, and became member of BMI (for the world) from April 2018. During these years I've...

SonicMoon
replies: 6 views: 463
SonicMoon 6 days ago

I know there are a lot of people here doing production music, so it seems like a good place to ask; does anyone have any...

StevenMcDonald
replies: 11 views: 1,294
StevenMcDonald 6 days ago

I wrote some music for some clients, and retaining copyright, I distributed the album via CD Baby to multiple streaming platforms...

becks bolero
replies: 0 views: 205
becks bolero 1 week ago

Hi, I'm putting together a system for cinematic composition. I'm using Cubase 11 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. I've just gotten...

buzzripper
replies: 10 views: 411
skkain 1 week ago

I'm wondering if anyone can help here. I am in Canada, so I am with SOCAN. But do I need to also register with an American PRO if...

Vubble
replies: 1 views: 218
Sanderb 1 week ago

Here we go fellas. https://youtu.be/o__nI9eagBs

JohnFulford
replies: 62 views: 4,347
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

Hey guys! Really excited to share some great news. The Academy of Scoring Arts has opened our doors to the worldwide music...

ScoringArts
replies: 4 views: 1,458
fusionid 2 weeks ago
replies: 5 views: 547
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 352 views: 27,199
jrusselll 4 weeks ago

Hi Guys! With so many free libraries like audio sparx, songtradr, audio jungle, pond5 ect it seems silly to pay $300 to sign up...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 46 views: 11,768
JblKid95 21st December 2020

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you know any ways to get a sound like this: https://youtu.be/Zmcv3kNzta0?t=15 Its like...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 14 views: 599
Cosmicdolphin 16th December 2020

I am not one for posting product announcements here, but this is exciting. And if it's not D2, I am sure it will be awesome....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 49 views: 2,366
dfghdhr 16th December 2020

Anyone familiar with a library/pub called Evolution Media Music? Just found their briefs, and am wanting to submit, but have...

salbinti
replies: 42 views: 4,387
Sanderb 15th December 2020

Hello, Is there a primer on how to mix for TV, mainly underscore stuff? I've learnt to keep 200-600 Hz somewhat less crowded...

mwarsell
replies: 8 views: 777
narcoman 13th December 2020

sorry this is not a question specifically about music for pictures, but this seems to be the only sub forum where publishing...

tyrebo
replies: 8 views: 549
narcoman 13th December 2020

Hi All I want to first say thanks to all who post on here who have had experience dealing with music libraries. I think a...

Robertj64
replies: 4 views: 377
Robertj64 13th December 2020

Big Publishers don't show off placements?? A lot of times when I visit the boutique libraries they got tons of recent...

Musicman7
replies: 29 views: 1,124
drBill 13th December 2020

My gut reaction is that performance royalties are virus and pandemic proof, due to the fact that TV ain't going off the air...

salbinti
replies: 107 views: 7,082
Adrian Cook 12th December 2020

Hey guys what do you make of this license fee ? For a song in a dance game! a) 1 US cent per completed play through of the...

Audio Child
replies: 3 views: 354
Audio Child 10th December 2020

Hello all, Thanks for running this forum, I've browsed and found it very informative. About 12 years ago, I spent a year...

Zambonyboy
replies: 19 views: 970
WhosaGoodBoy 9th December 2020

...and still get paid? Hear me out: Everyday, book authors 'compose' books and sign them over to a publishing company. The...

musicus
replies: 35 views: 2,572
mistersample 8th December 2020

Hi All, I'd like to switch from my local P.R.O (BUMA in the Netherlands) to BMI. Most of my publishers is in the US so I think...

Sanderb
replies: 4 views: 408
Nordkrog 7th December 2020

Hi there, I've decided to go for nanoKONTROL Studio so I could control expression, dynamics, vibrato and other settings with...

ABurn
replies: 0 views: 242
ABurn 7th December 2020

Just saw that as I logged into my acct. More info: https://musicrow.com/2020/10/bmg-eliminates-controversial-royalty-deduction/

Jeff Hayat
replies: 1 views: 424
Desire Inspires 4th December 2020

Hey guys, I hope you are doing well during these crazy times. A month ago I left ASCAP and applied for BMI membership. However,...

implant
replies: 12 views: 545
Desire Inspires 2nd December 2020

Hey all... I am trying to figure out what electronic percussion was used in many of the film cues for Executive decision,...

synclavier
replies: 1 views: 325
Jeff Hayat 30th November 2020

Generally, how many placements does it take to generate a 20-30k/yr PRO income? I have a feeling its in the 1000's

boinkeee2000
replies: 17 views: 2,589
TankAbooed 27th November 2020

Hi, I am fairly new in the music industry when in comes to PRO, I never had one. I am considering to become a member of...

Radiussound
replies: 2 views: 1,126
Sanderb 27th November 2020

Hello all, Is there a way to find out what is the best PRO to go for? I am with my local PRO (BUMA) for a very long time...

Volt9
replies: 16 views: 1,877
Sanderb 27th November 2020

So given that this forum is filled with library music related topics, I thought it might be an idea for us all to share our own...

AsherP
replies: 88 views: 10,558
OKJOSE 27th November 2020

For $100 until December 1st you can get from Spitfire :- Ricotti Mallets Harp Orchestral Swarm. Normally I wouldn't...

Adrian Cook
replies: 0 views: 356
Adrian Cook 26th November 2020

Hey guys, After removing my HQ tracks from Score-A-Score I think I'd like to give JinglePunks a try. Are they still worth a...

freshdax
replies: 16 views: 1,508
Desire Inspires 26th November 2020

Hello I just got an assignment for adding sound effects to a short clip of film in pro tools and was wondering how do you come...

McintoshNoize
replies: 2 views: 346
McintoshNoize 25th November 2020

Usually I don't look at sample libraries much these days. This one looks pretty good though. Got a good sound and if you're...

Adrian Cook
replies: 37 views: 1,974
Cyberwave 25th November 2020

What is best way to get into making music for movies? I really think that I can make great music for movies, but filmmakers seeks...

darkstar
replies: 19 views: 3,452
ivizeely 24th November 2020

Hi all. I used to have Motu Symphonic Orchestra when I started out many years ago and I used to love the ease and simplicity of...

benjiboko
replies: 6 views: 664
benjiboko 22nd November 2020

Folks : Afflatus or Cinema Studio Strings ? ( Please don't say "just get both", unless you're the one offering...

spaceman
replies: 8 views: 418
muziksculp 22nd November 2020

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 57 views: 21,341
Desire Inspires 21st November 2020

Hi, for those that have composed music for TV, trailers, short films, movies, etc. have any of you used Score A Score...

scubastevee
replies: 41 views: 10,746
dannymc 18th November 2020

Hi Guys, Would be interested to get some perspective on an issue I have, which might help someone reading this later down the...

Deleted 677bd1b
replies: 12 views: 944
Deleted 677bd1b 18th November 2020

Hi i have imported some wavs and a channel of LTC. Is there a way to sync the protools timeline to the TC channel. please

THE_NIK
replies: 3 views: 351
THE_NIK 16th November 2020

Hi, I made a bit of a mistake. I created a bunch of track in Logic Pro X with 44khz as project setting. For music libraries...

Radiussound
replies: 18 views: 998
Jeff Hayat 15th November 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search