The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 31,131
spiderman 5 days ago

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 5,518
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 9,324
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 31,988
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hi there, not long ago Pond5 was one of the platforms where I made the most money, but sales decreased quite tremendously within...

freshdax
replies: 42 views: 2,584
SyneRyder 2 hours ago

Don't know what the implications are, but 150,000 fully owned tracks is sizable. At a purchase price of $215M, if they were using...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 48 views: 2,268
VitaEtMusica 2 hours ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 155 views: 11,314
VitaEtMusica 22 hours ago

Pond 5 just announced a drop in sync split from 50/50 to 35/65, and announced Pond 5 Publishing. This is essentially a re-title...

spiderman
replies: 16 views: 931
gtrwll 3 days ago

uoL4uagmGEs Love it or hate it, the 2019 Production Music Conference is almost here. For those of you who haven't been...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 20 views: 737
Mike P 3 days ago

For a newbie, what are the Top Music Library/Publishing companies you have done business with? I'm looking for someone who...

jokerone
replies: 185 views: 26,761
kclements 3 days ago

Any tips on learning composition for film? I have been doing sound design for a few years but looking to branch into composing. I...

Alon Wolman
replies: 0 views: 415
Alon Wolman 3 days ago

Had a placement with my co-writer ona show called Endless Summer that 'airs' on SnapChat. I had no idea this was even a...

Cosmicdolphin
replies: 4 views: 509
Cosmicdolphin 3 days ago

Hi All I'm kinda of a newbie to GS and the media music world in general. Was looking for some insight, into a trailer...

JimmyKnights
replies: 3 views: 473
Etch-A-Sketch 3 days ago

Heavy hitters. How have you approached getting BIG deals with production companies, TV networks, music libraries, etc? Talking...

youngrichyrich
replies: 1 views: 625
Etch-A-Sketch 3 days ago

My main focus is indie-folk singer-songwriter music (Bon Iver, Jose Gonzalez, etc). I'm trying to do some research to find shows...

Dramatix
replies: 0 views: 375
Dramatix 4 days ago

I've been reading through many threads here, gathering as much information as I can, as well as asking questions and have gotten...

stevieotomy
replies: 9 views: 487
Arcana 4 days ago

hi. i've had an experience with soundreef id like to present. i tried uploading 75 tracks, only 2 were accepted. no...

skepsys82
replies: 3 views: 3,610
Evita 4 days ago

I'm serious. Reading a couple of posts here it's clear there's this whole industry I know nothing about. It doesn't help that,...

stevieotomy
replies: 4 views: 1,063
stevieotomy 4 days ago

I know a "can", but here's what I'm asking: How does the process work? How does a client deliver a video to you...

stevieotomy
replies: 4 views: 1,039
stevieotomy 4 days ago

Hey everyone, Can any of you recommend a good, reasonably priced ADR studio in Los Angeles? Thanks

ryst
replies: 5 views: 563
Tato D 4 days ago

I'm thinking of moving from my local PRO (Spanish SGAE) to BMI. Is there any way to move all my songs and keep the ISWC? Would...

RaquelGC
replies: 1 views: 318
Desire Inspires 5 days ago

As the topic states i am looking to widen the stereo image of my string section without ruininng room image or cause phase issues...

fustrun
replies: 8 views: 420
Amber 5 days ago

Hey guys, After years of working for/with other folks, I've recently launched my own custom music house and boutique library....

Sleevenotes
replies: 9 views: 687
Etch-A-Sketch 5 days ago

Any composers have a good set up for working on the go? I’m finding sometimes it would be really useful if I could work on some...

jazz4
replies: 8 views: 572
jazz4 6 days ago

So I guess what I think I understand is that there are "Music Libraries" that provide a central repository for...

stevieotomy
replies: 4 views: 401
stevieotomy 6 days ago

Hi, The same content can abe found on lots of different ways on the search engines. What are some synonyms for music libraries...

Radiussound
replies: 3 views: 519
Radiussound 6 days ago

Hello Kind People, I am a composer/songwriter, and I also have worked with Synthesizers and Sequencing since the 80s, as well as...

stevieotomy
replies: 1 views: 481
drBill 1 week ago

Edits?

Right now I'm being asked to make 15, 30, and 60 second edits for some of my tracks for some libraries. How do you make these,...

livide
replies: 30 views: 3,564
AsherP 1 week ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 56 views: 6,142
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 327 views: 29,824

so far I've been rejected twice. I applied to Pond 5 (which i think might be a better library) and they accepted all the songs...

dogyfizle
replies: 4 views: 559

Hi, Edti: I mean Bigger in sted of Bagger ! I read the thread about how many composer on GS forum make a living with making...

Radiussound
replies: 8 views: 1,657
mat1 1 week ago

hallo to everyone! this is a video from my trip at Thassos island at Greece with Panasonic g9 and leica 12 60...

mallllias
replies: 0 views: 332
mallllias 1 week ago

Hi all, Today I published an open letter to raise awareness of the aggressive devaluation and exploitation that's currently...

lewis_foster
replies: 106 views: 6,486
Palabrajot 2 weeks ago

This is a promo film project which I created over the past year to promote some GUI redesign work I've have completed. You may...

scottym
replies: 0 views: 345
scottym 2 weeks ago

The final episode(s01e08) of Sci-Fi Tv show called 'The First'....Sean Penn floats on to a set with what looks like a Roland...

Cymbal
replies: 2 views: 820
bgood 2 weeks ago

Hi there, For about a week i joined EastWest's creative could. I can harvest terabites of orchestra stuff. Very exciting for...

Overboard
replies: 0 views: 291
Overboard 2 weeks ago

Hello all! I'm about to begin work on a music album that will be sent straight to music libraries. The idea I have in mind for...

Battlegun
replies: 5 views: 694
Battlegun 2 weeks ago

Does anybody have any recent experiences or opinions on Sonoton? I recently received an email that they liked my demo and...

Danny Scott
replies: 3 views: 699
youngrichyrich 2 weeks ago

lots of TV shows use hit songs from the past/present to great effect. But what shows do you consider have great original sound...

Dave.R
replies: 38 views: 3,284
creegstor 2 weeks ago

Hi I need advise and honest feedback from professional composers who are already or been involved in some sort of licensing...

danderian
replies: 68 views: 3,066
danderian 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I've been recently contacted by Clear Wave Music and here is their response, "We sign music on a track...

Battlegun
replies: 30 views: 1,328
ehrenebbage 2 weeks ago

Is it possible to do 1,000 tracks a year for big libraries? What would happen if you do 1,000 tracks a year for big libraries...

JayRolla
replies: 189 views: 9,924
lornemalvo 3 weeks ago

Our company is small. There is no pay, but you will get global recognition. Many opportunities for great and small to hear your...

oldwriterdude
replies: 55 views: 3,184
jazz4 3 weeks ago

OR did they buy into a bubble, like crypto currency? I heard BMG was spending an exorbitant amount of money buying decent...

youngrichyrich
replies: 24 views: 2,212
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

Been searching for eons for what might be the best vst for highly atmospheric scoring, soundtrack type simplicity in piano (think...

Faxxanadu
replies: 14 views: 1,436
cqd 3 weeks ago

You are a songwriter , ... you are waiting for a big chance , ... you are doing everything to get your song performed on a major...

G.K.
replies: 22 views: 2,170
bgood 4 weeks ago

Hi! I'm beginning my quest to dive into the world of TV/Ad music placements. I already have a solid album to submit to music...

Battlegun
replies: 5 views: 1,174
Paul Biondi 4 weeks ago

Not an actual sit.; just curious the way this works. I get hired to score a film. I write the score, which is a WFH, and I...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 4 views: 807
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

I know there are a lot of people here doing production music, so it seems like a good place to ask; does anyone have any...

StevenMcDonald
replies: 9 views: 853
StevenMcDonald 4 weeks ago

hello to everybody! im huge fan of Amon Tobin and i put some of his music at my new video from Kefalari Dramas, placed at...

mallllias
replies: 3 views: 775
orbiterred 4 weeks ago

Hi Guys! With so many free libraries like audio sparx, songtradr, audio jungle, pond5 ect it seems silly to pay $300 to sign up...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 35 views: 5,648
Cosmicdolphin 4 weeks ago

Just curious what your guys approach is? Obviously it's quicker to send out singles once completed, but as an approach, would...

SpikeWolf
replies: 24 views: 2,035
Mike P 20th July 2019

Hello all! I am very close to quitting music as a profession. Before I go, I thought I would ask for advice on here. I recently...

musicisfun
replies: 71 views: 2,152
implant 18th July 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search