The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 1,795
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 5,452
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 27,075
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 28,195
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Big news from Steinberg ... they today announced the highly anticipated score writing software application Dorico (pronounced as...

peter5992
replies: 30 views: 2,965
peter5992 4 hours ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 45 views: 3,437
MaineStream 6 hours ago

Hey everyone, Some people I know had their ASCAP writer checks drop 50%+ since last quarter. I believe I know why this...

JohnFulford
replies: 68 views: 2,152
gsilbers 10 hours ago

lots of TV shows use hit songs from the past/present to great effect. But what shows do you consider have great original sound...

Dave.R
replies: 3 views: 323
Dokterrock 16 hours ago
replies: 3 views: 310
TheRealSPH3 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 129 views: 4,055
ehrenebbage 1 day ago

Hey Gearslutz reader. Thinking of royalty music tends to make one see a ukelele with a happy chap whistling along... La La La...

pyramidtracks
replies: 4 views: 333
JohnFulford 2 days ago

Music Dealers went bankrupt, stealing millions of dollars from thousands of artists. We think we have a way to get the royalties...

tdurden252
replies: 2 views: 480
PeteGJ 2 days ago

I have someone using my studio to score a documentary. I am new to this and am finding the director keeps wanting to edit the...

pw2005
replies: 6 views: 715
fhames 4 days ago

Just thought I would see if anyone else has problems understanding dialogue in TV or movie productions. Many times as a person...

brightshine
replies: 10 views: 418
brightshine 4 days ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 35 views: 8,115
Cgbravo 4 days ago

Hi everyone, A friend of mine is creating a series of articles about composing music, aimed at beginners or people who want to...

Fry777
replies: 3 views: 436
Fry777 5 days ago

hi, this forum is my 1st choise when in doubt about something music/licensing related or in search of info very...

mikevsmike
replies: 14 views: 1,064
nwade90 1 week ago

I know this is going to vary from country to country and perhaps station to station. But how loud (in Lufs) do people...

chrisaiken
replies: 7 views: 685
AlanJay 1 week ago

Hello all, I work on Cubase Elements 7 and have been composing music for a short film. So after the basics I was introduced to...

jjitter
replies: 3 views: 503
arasi 1 week ago

Anyone using Google Drive as their primary file hosting and sharing service? I'm just curious if folks are running in to any...

mrkamerer
replies: 25 views: 1,183
VitaEtMusica 1 week ago

thoughts on it? whats "better"? when the composer delivers music on the center channel (as well as L/R/ls/rs/lf) or...

gsilbers
replies: 36 views: 6,949
GCL 1 week ago

Hi There, Listening to Paul McCartney's Kisses On The Bottom in 24/96 from HD Tracks. This album like many others that were...

Saggy
replies: 10 views: 805
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting...

JDatkinson
replies: 8 views: 1,370
musicindustry86 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm a video editor and I've to do a little bit of audio editing for a personal project, some of the scenes of the video have...

Sean L
replies: 8 views: 507
RobinL 2 weeks ago

I know a "can", but here's what I'm asking: How does the process work? How does a client deliver a video to you...

stevieotomy
replies: 3 views: 629
timemaster 2 weeks ago

Happy new year, everyone. It would be great to hear your opinion and feedback on this. Hopefully I'm posting this in the right...

EdwardJC
replies: 3 views: 384
BenitoChiles 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I’m working on a project and am trying to get a similar percussive effect/rhythm with a synthesizer I’m using, but...

Tylerg1011
replies: 2 views: 575
charlieclouser 3 weeks ago

hey peeps. i have always wanted to score an entire movie and im about to embark on the journey of doing so. i wanted to ask...

benjiboko
replies: 7 views: 679
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Hey all, Looking to add another set of monitors to my setup. Currently mixing on Yam HS8 for the past few years. It's not that...

orbiterred
replies: 6 views: 655
drBill 4 weeks ago

As the title says I would very much like to score for small picture productions, you know the ones that mention, "hey, we're...

AndreiPiatra
replies: 43 views: 1,344
Eggiebertus 4 weeks ago

I've read in lots of places that Sonar has improved a lot in the last couple of years. I would like to know if Cubase still...

SteelPanther
replies: 16 views: 7,407
FilmScoreGal 4 weeks ago

Considering Hans Zimmer perc, stormdrum, and maybe some other libraries in the price range. What are your favorite percussion...

zackdow
replies: 2 views: 697
gsilbers 4 weeks ago

Songs

I know many of you are composers. I fancy myself a composer. But I don't care. I want to write songs. However, I see...

Eggiebertus
replies: 50 views: 1,806
Evil Jack 4 weeks ago

Is it sill possible to make a small amount of money owning youtube/patreon account that covers; 1.Product reviews (the Mrs and...

HappyBeats
replies: 1 views: 358
Donedeal0 15th December 2018

Thoughts & comments welcome! North-West by pianoproducer.com | Pianoproducer Com | Free Listening on SoundCloud

CGR
replies: 3 views: 585
lornemalvo 14th December 2018

Hello everyone, I posted this topic in the Post sub-forum but thankfully was guided to the correct one. So here is a repost....

jjitter
replies: 13 views: 1,112
jjitter 12th December 2018

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 24 views: 3,410
Mrx 11th December 2018

Hi All Just a quick question, how much are publishing deals. Like £500 per track etc or £2000 for a whole years...

JimmyKnights
replies: 9 views: 583
JimmyKnights 9th December 2018

Hello all, Lurker on this forum for years, now with a question I can't find any solid info on so I thought I would try my luck....

soniccrimson
replies: 42 views: 1,637
Etch-A-Sketch 7th December 2018

Does anyone have any experience with this? Library in the US licensed one of my tracks for 2 separate adverts. Thousands of...

Amber
replies: 21 views: 1,890
Voyager83 7th December 2018

What’s your take on libraries advertising that their looking for music but remain anonymous ?

Audio Child
replies: 5 views: 648
gsilbers 5th December 2018

Hi all, Today I published an open letter to raise awareness of the aggressive devaluation and exploitation that's currently...

lewis_foster
replies: 90 views: 3,735
Etch-A-Sketch 5th December 2018

Who has got it? Who doesn't? Why? Ever used it? Did it actually protect you? Is there a ceiling of...

drBill
replies: 131 views: 7,210
dix 5th December 2018

For someone who has a unique selection of music available for exclusive license, what's the best way to find a good...

AmbientOne
replies: 9 views: 1,082
AmbientOne 4th December 2018

Most new writers I work with are BMI affiliated..has this been the case with other libraries? Some albums of mine are...

JohnFulford
replies: 4 views: 677
ehrenebbage 3rd December 2018

Does anyone have suggestions for good non-exclusive outlets? I've recently left one non-exclusive after they switched to...

AmbientOne
replies: 0 views: 505
AmbientOne 3rd December 2018

Recorded with multiple mics which were then later summed into: Close, Decca, Hall This does not sound normal to me for an...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 33 views: 1,386
goodkeys 3rd December 2018

Question: If I direct license some custom music to a client, and continue to retain all rights to my tracks, is it still possible...

JDatkinson
replies: 9 views: 594
Donedeal0 1st December 2018

For years I used an Axiom 49 controller on a desk with a computer keyboard beside it. After some wrist pain, I moved the typing...

spiderman
replies: 90 views: 30,095
spiderman 28th November 2018

Sorry , it's such a simple question. I just want a lite software that i can use on Windows PC to overlap audio on my video...

sloan11
replies: 4 views: 907
K5000 26th November 2018

With so many great deals out there, wondering what you guys picked up for Black Friday!

Andrew07
replies: 5 views: 757
64gtoboy 25th November 2018

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

Stojzz
replies: 22 views: 4,021
Hunter123 24th November 2018

I have little experience booking halls for recording sessions, and am thinking there might be someone here who knows more/better...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 5 views: 1,110
narcoman 22nd November 2018

Hi guys Which part is most culmination moment of this Rocky Theme? Let me know your opinions please Thanks in...

MatchesMalone_
replies: 3 views: 519
MatchesMalone_ 19th November 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search