The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Views: 6,734
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 19,994
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 21,064
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hey I am a composer, And I've had my UltraNova for years now and I love it, I love they way the keys feel especially, they are...

MGMartino
replies: 3 views: 176
Jeff Hayat 6 hours ago

I don't know if anybody has already posted this but I came across it today and thought the gang here might be interested to...

jokerone
replies: 7 views: 433
jokerone 1 day ago

Hi, i have made almost 20 Commercials (15/30 sec Format) for Tv and Web worldwide, i'm on Bmi but i never collect any...

asimov
replies: 0 views: 152
asimov 1 day ago

Hey guys, Quick question involving revisions and ad work: Pending a few last approvals on the agencies side, I'll...

Sleevenotes
replies: 4 views: 230
Etch-A-Sketch 1 day ago

Does anyone have any experience with this? Library in the US licensed one of my tracks for 2 separate adverts. Thousands of...

Amber
replies: 9 views: 346
Etch-A-Sketch 1 day ago

On average, how long do you guys think it takes for your tracks to get placed? For instance I have had some tracks placed within...

Danny Scott
replies: 5 views: 387
Etch-A-Sketch 2 days ago

I've been making a piece of music and well it's kind of gone the root of smooth elevator jazz so that's the angle I'm rolling...

Jonathan Race
replies: 0 views: 166
Jonathan Race 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to orchestral libraries but excited to start playing around with them. I have a decent idea of...

newpollution
replies: 7 views: 353
Sam Watson 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm a new guy pretending to be a film, comercial composer, and I'm in the process of getting new gears for my home...

Magic Music Box
replies: 9 views: 380
TheKosherButcher 3 days ago

Hello, Firstly, I'd like to thank the members and experts of this community for a lot of good info and tips about...

andthatswhatsup
replies: 9 views: 459
Danny Scott 3 days ago

Pros and cons? Do you prefer one over the other? Just doing a little research.

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 14 views: 490
OTHtracks 3 days ago

Hey all. What’s your favorite chain (pre, channel strip, etc) to add warmth to your digital compositions when you use...

Ari88
replies: 22 views: 733
Ari88 4 days ago

Hey guys, I've just completed a custom job; client overly satisfied with the results, money received, all well... ....not a...

freshdax
replies: 8 views: 580
cyjanopan 5 days ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 287 views: 10,326
Troy Engle 6 days ago

Where is your go to for submitting your music and getting it heard / picked up for various media (movies, games etc)? Also why...

Jonathan Race
replies: 31 views: 1,424
Danny Scott 1 week ago

Hi Guys, the most Orchester Libraries out there are common for Film or Game Composers. Is there any Orchester Librarie out...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 14 views: 778
R&B-Vocalisto 1 week ago

I found this article particularly enlightening. I especially like the part about Epidemic's transparency vs the PRO's. Classic....

VitaEtMusica
replies: 33 views: 1,173
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Is anyone out there running a new Kaby Lake i7 MacBook Pro with Pro Tools, Logic, or DP and a number of VIs and plug-ins for...

analogjeff
replies: 11 views: 888
analogjeff 1 week ago

Hi! I have been offered 2 record deals so far, one last year which I refused and another one from a different label last month...

ravaell
replies: 95 views: 1,810
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Hey can anyone please help? My logic pro exports (when writing to film) are exactly 3 frames out every time and when exported...

boydell200
replies: 6 views: 232
Jonathan Race 2 weeks ago

Have a Q for a violist.... anybody know one? Feel free to pm me if need be. Thanks all :)

Jeff Hayat
replies: 5 views: 366
Nate Wade 2 weeks ago

Since most of the other forums on GS have this topic I thought I'd start one here. Lets see your studio!

JasonvW
replies: 184 views: 55,744
Big Impact Sound 2 weeks ago

Generally, how many placements does it take to generate a 20-30k/yr PRO income? I have a feeling its in the 1000's

boinkeee2000
replies: 15 views: 666
musicus 2 weeks ago

Guys I was just wondering if there's a tool able to calculate BPMs on a video. Ideally I would like to drag the video inside the...

guinea
replies: 2 views: 265
Mechanikproject 2 weeks ago

Hi, This is my first post on this forum, not sure if I'm posting it in the right section. Here goes: I'm currently in the...

Guy Bacos
replies: 14 views: 743
Guy Bacos 2 weeks ago

Hi, I worked on a musical drone (ambient like trailer music), but the library owner said it's far too "drone-like" for...

freshdax
replies: 22 views: 997
Elsapo2001 2 weeks ago

I'm involved in a small project to produce a short video review of a small promo/social event for a cycling sports product. We...

Sanchez
replies: 7 views: 413
Sanchez 2 weeks ago

I've been submitting to a lot of new libraries lately, and it seems they are mostly wanting exclusive contracts. I've never...

AmbientOne
replies: 71 views: 3,090
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

Some day, every music producer will reach the time to hang it up. In the meantime, maybe he's placed dozens, hundreds of...

musicus
replies: 35 views: 1,491
narcoman 3 weeks ago

Going to be using these for primarily orchestral music, both during production and mixing. (I cannot always use monitors). I just...

Heyhellosup
replies: 15 views: 570
dannymc 3 weeks ago

Interested in suggestions for where music can be hosted for the purpose of approaching libraries with examples of your...

Chamomile Shark
replies: 29 views: 1,408
Chris_S 3 weeks ago

I am a film/tv composer, just moved into a new studio space, and feel it's time to upgrade monitors from my JBL LSR305's. My...

PoliticalBonobo
replies: 32 views: 1,334
chemosit 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys, I wondered what books you guys would recommend for working with Post Production Audio? Those that involve working...

jampot
replies: 1 views: 256
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

Hi! Was wondering what levels are people aiming for when mastering their own tracks for libraries? What kind of LUFS or PLR...

MikkoH
replies: 13 views: 584
Danny Scott 3 weeks ago

Hey Guys, From time to time I compose trailer music that is sound design heavy. From time to time i also make trailer sound...

clearside
replies: 58 views: 1,107
Danny Scott 4 weeks ago

Hi :) Anyone have any experience with the Swimming Pool production music label? Got an intro email yesterday, asking me to...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 28 views: 1,629
Danny Scott 4 weeks ago

Edit- sorry I missed the previous thread....

Snabbit
replies: 0 views: 331
Snabbit 4 weeks ago

I have a back catalogue of at least 300 tracks. Im going through them all, listening for what I think would be the tracks that...

Carbinax
replies: 12 views: 918
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

I'm a musician with a lot of experience on composing, arrangements and playing but no experience about licensing or royalties...

Fixion
replies: 65 views: 11,376

(I am still at the fairly amateur level, especially as far as the production aspect is concerned.) If you are using different...

Heyhellosup
replies: 1 views: 318
Danny Scott 4 weeks ago

I am a part-time composer with limited success with TV placements, mostly tension, blues rock and post rock. With the 2018 Winter...

RKMusic
replies: 6 views: 467

Hi, a pretty direct question, but which exclusive ones pay something upfront? I imagine it would be the bigger ones such as...

PetM
replies: 18 views: 1,103
Mechanikproject 4 weeks ago

Has anyone had any experience in licensing music via https://www.musicgateway.net/ ? They've been around for several years...

Letstalksync
replies: 86 views: 8,691
JonSkinner 4 weeks ago

Hi, A friend of mine has a pair of B&W 200 series.... he will give it to me for free.. Is it good monitoring for practicing...

saken
replies: 0 views: 279
saken 7th November 2017

Who has got it? Who doesn't? Why? Ever used it? Did it actually protect you? Is there a ceiling of...

drBill
replies: 123 views: 4,520
musicus 6th November 2017

What kind of filter(s) did the use on this track, any idea?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1zWDKWlcXo ...also any idea...

freshdax
replies: 5 views: 450
Amber 5th November 2017

Can anyone direct me towards something like this? A simple 6+ full size, great feeling fader controller for writing my MIDI CC's,...

JarrodRoylesAtki
replies: 17 views: 1,494
chestmusic 5th November 2017

I posted this question last winter in another variant. What Music libraries would you recommend (and have had a positive and...

jokerone
replies: 12 views: 1,285
SpikeWolf 5th November 2017

Here is my submition, give it a go! Thanks! https://youtu.be/SM9SnKy-LGg

NinoVaskov
replies: 1 views: 349
Mechanikproject 4th November 2017

Hi everyone After a lot of reading and making some firsthand experiences I have a question about the income apportionment of...

goodkeys
replies: 4 views: 481
goodkeys 4th November 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search