The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 28 views: 30,596
narcoman 26th March 2019

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 5,070
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 8,820
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 31,514
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hi Guys! With so many free libraries like audio sparx, songtradr, audio jungle, pond5 ect it seems silly to pay $300 to sign up...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 30 views: 4,660
Jeff Hayat 4 hours ago

Hello all! I am very close to quitting music as a profession. Before I go, I thought I would ask for advice on here. I recently...

musicisfun
replies: 78 views: 1,582
implant 10 hours ago

Just curious what your guys approach is? Obviously it's quicker to send out singles once completed, but as an approach, would...

SpikeWolf
replies: 23 views: 1,636
Amber 13 hours ago

I have some tracks due be released in the USA with Warner Chappell Production Music. I've heard lots of positive things about...

ohwell
replies: 2 views: 608
goodkeys 15 hours ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 317 views: 23,414
ehrenebbage 1 day ago

Hi there, not long ago Pond5 was one of the platforms where I made the most money, but sales decreased quite tremendously within...

freshdax
replies: 12 views: 1,202
freshdax 2 days ago

Greeting. Does granting a worldwide, all media license in perpetuity provide content creators with the ability to release their...

bass_clef
replies: 0 views: 353
bass_clef 2 days ago

I've recently been getting a lot of "big name" commercials (soda pop, department stores, dolls) that are all household...

Sunshy
replies: 27 views: 4,287
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

Anyone know any writers for film, television, or production music who have signed on with GMR? How has that worked for them?...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 2 views: 768
VitaEtMusica 3 days ago

I made a quick search and was surprised that there weren’t any conversations about this. I am trying to see how common or...

DylanParade
replies: 66 views: 5,137
jonwright 3 days ago

You are a songwriter , ... you are waiting for a big chance , ... you are doing everything to get your song performed on a major...

G.K.
replies: 18 views: 1,587
theblue1 4 days ago

The final episode(s01e08) of Sci-Fi Tv show called 'The First'....Sean Penn floats on to a set with what looks like a Roland...

Cymbal
replies: 0 views: 486
Cymbal 5 days ago

I'm wondering how most music houses operate. If Company A has 10 composers, do the composers tend to file for royalties via...

elambo
replies: 3 views: 659
michael c 6 days ago

Can any vets weigh in on what is going on with the limiting in this...

supercuts
replies: 2 views: 694
supercuts 1 week ago

Hello, I am a soon to be graduate and planning ahead for life after having unlimited access to great equipment and...

alexav
replies: 2 views: 557
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 45 views: 12,623
Cgbravo 1 week ago

I have a reasonable understanding of what the effect is and how to create it: Hans Zimmer, DUNKIRK, INCEPTION, INTERSTELLAR and...

stixstudios
replies: 0 views: 610
stixstudios 1 week ago

Hi guys A while ago I found on this forum a link to a platform which is something like a Soundcloud organizer. In other words,...

jontom
replies: 2 views: 666
Dale Turner 1 week ago

Been searching for eons for what might be the best vst for highly atmospheric scoring, soundtrack type simplicity in piano (think...

Faxxanadu
replies: 12 views: 1,000
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

OR did they buy into a bubble, like crypto currency? I heard BMG was spending an exorbitant amount of money buying decent...

youngrichyrich
replies: 25 views: 1,803
lornemalvo 1 week ago

Right now I'm being asked to make 15, 30, and 60 second edits for some of my tracks for some libraries. How do you make these,...

livide
replies: 27 views: 3,070
youngrichyrich 1 week ago

I found this article particularly enlightening. I especially like the part about Epidemic's transparency vs the PRO's. Classic....

VitaEtMusica
replies: 44 views: 6,352
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

Just bought Altiverb 7. Anyone care to share their favorite room for cinematic strings? Thanks.

michaeljlewis
replies: 6 views: 504
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

So I switched from ASCAP to BMI starting April 1st and got my first BMI check (for Q4 2018 Placements). Not bad for just getting...

Desire Inspires
replies: 44 views: 1,900
Mike P 2 weeks ago

Does anybody have experience in doing custom music for ad agencies? How was it compared to creating music for production music...

youngrichyrich
replies: 48 views: 2,169
elambo 2 weeks ago

Looks like Songtradr went 'pay to play' yesterday... Strange how it looks like it is not possible for such companies to earn...

NFL
replies: 31 views: 9,031
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

So I submitted my first album to several libraries about week and a half ago. I had a reply last week from one saying they write...

Uploaded
replies: 5 views: 526
Uploaded 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could recommend any synths that are geared towards 80s horror soundtracks. I'm looking for...

shinobi
replies: 62 views: 28,173
ionian 2 weeks ago

Well, you don't see that everyday. Good for them. This is part of the reason you pay for Tunesat.

VitaEtMusica
replies: 1 views: 596
drBill 2 weeks ago

Greetings all, Quick question that came about from a side comment I've heard. I'm doing the occasional film scoring...

Anadrolic
replies: 12 views: 692
Rami Hashash 2 weeks ago

I know there are a lot of people here doing production music, so it seems like a good place to ask; does anyone have any...

StevenMcDonald
replies: 0 views: 398
StevenMcDonald 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 524
Avatar for Deleted ac25701e1dc86db
Deleted ac25701e1dc86db 2 weeks ago

Are there any US composers that have cues in MTV UK? I have the same episode with the same cues running in the USA and UK at...

Danny Scott
replies: 8 views: 671
Danny Scott 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 132 views: 9,940
ohwell 3 weeks ago

Hi! I'm working with a video artist on a professional music video for YouTube. I received both a 48K (MFiT) and 44.1K...

JG_MUSIC
replies: 1 views: 553
DrewP 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone! On Thursday, we are launching the AI-based music analysis tool CYANITE in order to give an objective...

cr0000
replies: 2 views: 585
cr0000 3 weeks ago

It was a long-standing dream of mine to get my music recorded by a really great orchestra. This year I turned that dream into...

Neutrino
replies: 3 views: 809
PeteGJ 3 weeks ago

hey guys with all the talk lately of the industry been completely saturated i'm just wondering what are peoples opinions on which...

dannymc
replies: 48 views: 2,311
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

It’s really difficult to find information about them, they seem to communicate a bit about their artists and music-related...

Murdoric
replies: 0 views: 514
Murdoric 3 weeks ago

This may have been discussed somewhere but I can't find it. In 2016 Universal moved their production music libraries from Ascap...

scf2525
replies: 4 views: 640
JohnFulford 3 weeks ago

Just thought I would share my BMI day experience with fellow victims out there. Among the 3 top streaming services appearing...

Danny Scott
replies: 14 views: 992
Danny Scott 3 weeks ago

I'm just finishing up composing a film score that the sound mixer wants stems for everything...I believe. I have only delivered...

quincyg
replies: 9 views: 733
quincyg 3 weeks ago

Title says it. Seems Cassie Lord is gone from 5Alarm and is now running SS as of Jan this year? As high profile as it might...

drBill
replies: 14 views: 910
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Not good. "The musicians' national union has seen large drops in membership, less and less work under...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 3 views: 783
drBill 4 weeks ago

Our company is small. There is no pay, but you will get global recognition. Many opportunities for great and small to hear your...

oldwriterdude
replies: 39 views: 2,035
brockorama 4 weeks ago

Do people ever have the audio portion of their YouTube videos distributed via digital distribution such as Catapult so that they...

Psy_Trance
replies: 2 views: 655
12ax7 4 weeks ago

I'd like to ask how licenced music for television and streaming can be made so incredibly fast yet so accurate? I've been...

Carrero
replies: 11 views: 1,263
TVPostSound 4 weeks ago

PLEASE HELP!! Following setup and configuration: *2 Camcorders with internal Mics - 48khz *1 ZOOM H4N - 48khz *1 Pickup...

cononojoda
replies: 0 views: 477
cononojoda 13th June 2019

Hey dudes, My studio is in the basement, across the hall I have a little cubby room/closet that basically is used to store...

orbiterred
replies: 42 views: 1,932
bgood 9th June 2019

Hey guys, My name is Stephanie, I'm a long-time lurker I started an audio engineering job about a year ago for a company that...

TEFFMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 1,136
drBill 6th June 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search