The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 21,613
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 22,641
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hello there talented colleagues, The holidays were lovely for us over here save for one small detail: Our house was robbed...

Sam Watson
replies: 72 views: 5,170
Ienjoyaudio 8 minutes ago

Just re-discovered this soundtrack. I played this game a ton when I was a young teen. You could put the CD in a CD player and...

Amber
replies: 16 views: 3,452
charlieclouser 23 minutes ago

hi guys ...im working on a kind of adventure music and ive got my inspiration from this video YouTube can you identify all...

abdouben91
replies: 11 views: 441
jokerone 1 day ago

Hi all - I had a quick question on royalty payments. I've noticed some of my music has been placed through various libraries....

TheLateNight
replies: 26 views: 1,047
drBill 1 day ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 11 views: 1,090
lornemalvo 3 days ago

When i solo the hall mic in HY DAMAGE (big perc patches) i can listen to what appears to be a separte hall /room sound than from...

gsilbers
replies: 13 views: 574
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

Stojzz
replies: 7 views: 439
lornemalvo 3 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for the best piano library in terms of playability and realistic feel of the instrument: smooth and realistic...

SilverSheep
replies: 19 views: 4,016
drBill 3 days ago

Hi! I am a student at the University of the Arts in the Netherlands and at the moment I am making my thesis about EDM in...

neoking
replies: 55 views: 2,129
Dale Turner 4 days ago

Hey guys, If some big music library is interested in your music, how long time you would wait to things to be happening? We have...

Mechanikproject
replies: 7 views: 447
Mechanikproject 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm working on my first soundtrack for an independent film. Should I deliver the files in stereo or surround...

world sound
replies: 7 views: 614
Roloalcien 4 days ago

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could recommend any synths that are geared towards 80s horror soundtracks. I'm looking for...

shinobi
replies: 58 views: 25,136
clearside 5 days ago

Hi All, At the risk of asking about the "holy grail", (and apologies in advance if this is the case), I was hoping...

ScoobyDoo555
replies: 6 views: 368
ScoobyDoo555 5 days ago

Hi there, I represent TubeTunes, a platform to integrate video creators with music creators. We're looking to expand our music...

TubeTunes
replies: 18 views: 655
Danny Scott 5 days ago

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but.... As the title say, can a composer join the AFM? The "slogan"...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 7 views: 377
jeffc 5 days ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 330 views: 14,103
OddTimeGrinder 6 days ago

Hey guys, Is there any of you guys here who really makes good money with selling either full scores for orchestral music or...

freshdax
replies: 0 views: 206
freshdax 6 days ago

Very Sad News, Film Composer Johann Johannsson has past away at the age 48. Peace be upon him. Johann Johannsson...

muziksculp
replies: 2 views: 568
currentstatus 1 week ago

Most of my personal stuff is too weird & experimental I guess for most licensing gigs, but I have roughly 30-40 decent...

nn2079
replies: 2 views: 309
lornemalvo 1 week ago

I don't post every time he introduces a new class - and I plan on not making a habit of this - but this one I think deserves...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 4 views: 523
teknatronik 1 week ago

Hey guys! I work with Getty Music but their site has been down for like 2 months. Anyone else having this issue or know what's...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 26 views: 773
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

I've composing for TV for many years. Here are some of my best mistakes. Curious to know what are yours? I was getting lots of...

masterclass
replies: 90 views: 15,443
JamesOnFlames 1 week ago

Hey guys, I was wondering about your approach on publishing. Let's take for granted we all make usable music and now we want to...

guinea
replies: 32 views: 1,035
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

Hi everyone Just a quick question about tv royalties. I am fairly new to the library music business, but since a few month I...

goodkeys
replies: 20 views: 942
Danny Scott 2 weeks ago

...and still get paid? Hear me out: Everyday, book authors 'compose' books and sign them over to a publishing company. The...

musicus
replies: 34 views: 1,005
musicus 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone. The reason I'm posting this here is because I'm going for a specific theme and I feel that is something film...

kullboys
replies: 2 views: 331
drBill 2 weeks ago

Since most of the other forums on GS have this topic I thought I'd start one here. Lets see your studio!

JasonvW
replies: 213 views: 62,170
eljodon 2 weeks ago
replies: 8 views: 450
dluther 2 weeks ago

Link to article (click me!) 5 year old article about music...

Desire Inspires
replies: 21 views: 1,319
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

Greetings to all the helpful users of Music for Picture, Longtime reader first time poster! Searched this forum along with Music...

generic1988
replies: 18 views: 1,371
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

For a newbie, what are the Top Music Library/Publishing companies you have done business with? I'm looking for someone who...

jokerone
replies: 152 views: 12,631
MikeFX 3 weeks ago

Is anyone getting royalties from music usage from these channels? I understand that there used to be issues (as in no royalties)...

JJAM
replies: 5 views: 411
VitaEtMusica 3 weeks ago

Hi all! I wonder, do all the Major Music Libraries pay up-front-money for tracks? Or will they do that only if they ask for...

NFL
replies: 60 views: 4,180
VitaEtMusica 3 weeks ago

consider reading and supporting this bill in congress : Petition * Songwriter Petition to Congress: Pass the Music...

drBill
replies: 38 views: 1,522
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, have been selling a lot of syncs lately and as always: to spot the end usage can get pretty hard! The only easy...

freshdax
replies: 7 views: 764
drBill 3 weeks ago

I've never seen just how fast they've shown up in the few detections I've gotten with their free plan. Anyone with a lot of...

old ghost
replies: 28 views: 2,049
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I made this 3D animation that was accepted by VEVO. I worked on it for 3 years. :D Music is EDM but in a good way (it...

veks
replies: 0 views: 270
veks 3 weeks ago

What's the best way to add metadata to 20+ tracks at once? I've tried using iTunes (via apple+i and adding to comments...

AmbientOne
replies: 15 views: 812
nightenlight 4 weeks ago

Is anyone out there running a new Kaby Lake i7 MacBook Pro with Pro Tools, Logic, or DP and a number of VIs and plug-ins for...

analogjeff
replies: 12 views: 1,497
analogjeff 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I've just completed a custom job; client overly satisfied with the results, money received, all well... ....not a...

freshdax
replies: 13 views: 1,262
javamad 4 weeks ago

I was looking at some trailers and reading about trailer music online. I knew about the usual guys, but I saw that Mark is one of...

Desire Inspires
replies: 1 views: 423
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, Do you usually find that your income with licensing fluctuates along with trends in the market/economy? Or is there...

Sleevenotes
replies: 17 views: 717
Sam Watson 4 weeks ago

Anyone heard of this? Facebook just invented a new unit of time

Nate Wade
replies: 10 views: 492
Nate Wade 4 weeks ago

When a composer scores a film, and that film gets released on DVD, does the composer receive mechanical royalties? Is that...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 2 views: 457
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I'm wondering what the style of string playing this is around the 0:50 mark YouTube It sounds like a violin...

jb4585
replies: 4 views: 363
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

I just bought a Lacie external mobile hard drive for my samples when I am working away from home. I've always been told when...

Mrx
replies: 8 views: 391
pentagon 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I'm wondering what the style of string playing this is around the 0:50 mark YouTube It sounds like a violin...

jb4585
replies: 0 views: 300
jb4585 4 weeks ago

I got a bunch of new tracks with "KARGA_CUE" in the title registered by publishers BUDGIE SMUGGLER and SUM OF...

Desire Inspires
replies: 9 views: 638
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

I noticed some of the episodes my syncs were in 1st quarter of last year never had any royalties paid. I just submitted cue...

AmbientOne
replies: 4 views: 528
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Hey folks , I've just noticed that a very old TV-Series of mine is on air in the U.S. , on a spanish Cable TV Channel called ...

G.K.
replies: 0 views: 333
G.K. 21st January 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search