The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 2,557
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 24,482
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 25,558
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hey Guys, Maybe this question should be in a regular mixing forum but I know Dr. Bill, Etch and the crew would be able to help....

Danny Scott
replies: 25 views: 1,100
Jeff Hayat 1 hour ago

I see PRS has a rate sheet for license cost for music (for companies being part of PRS in the UK). Films and trailers production...

NFL
replies: 5 views: 338
Etch-A-Sketch 9 hours ago
replies: 13 views: 1,408
goodkeys 20 hours ago

Not sure what the rules are here so if this violates any feel free to delete! Not looking for any sort of ego stroke, but I feel...

orbiterred
replies: 51 views: 1,958
VitaEtMusica 1 day ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 20 views: 4,011
lornemalvo 2 days ago

Anyone have any good resources / lists of moods that are common to scenes/music for picture? Or how different chords are common...

orbiterred
replies: 8 views: 561
orbiterred 2 days ago

Anyone care to share the names of any reputable music/jingle houses that get gigs for tv commercials?

Protools Guy
replies: 53 views: 20,878
AsherP 2 days ago

I'm planning on putting my latest song exclusively to Jingle Punks. In addition, I will release the song as a promotional single...

Harrison81
replies: 21 views: 845
Jeff Hayat 5 days ago

Hi. Me again. Me and my friends've made this cover of Marble Zone level from Sonic 1 by Masato Nakamura. It was really tiresome...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 281
okarowarrior 5 days ago

Why doe movies sound so good? Gates, eq, comp??

filterfreak
replies: 8 views: 929
narcoman 5 days ago

Okay, I am pretty much hooked on old school production music. I had no idea what kind of crazy, experimental, and awesome...

Desire Inspires
replies: 5 views: 692
Audio Child 1 week ago

I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting...

JDatkinson
replies: 3 views: 496
VitaEtMusica 1 week ago

Hi everyone... so that time of year is quickly approaching again. The annual Production Music Conference is a couple months...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 3 views: 412
Mike P 1 week ago
replies: 24 views: 849
drBill 1 week ago

I have some music being recorded, and there will be only two flutes, so I wanted to have a picc player play the pic parts. Not...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 15 views: 860
Noisewagon 1 week ago

Hello all, I would appreciate it if you could look at my names for this cue. Do you have any advice or tips on what I could do...

Volt9
replies: 9 views: 465
Volt9 1 week ago

Anybody using any of these online sample sites? I used a free trial to download some kick and snare samples. I did notice that...

Danny Scott
replies: 32 views: 1,428
007 2 weeks ago

Does anybody have info or personal experience with UCLA Extension's film-scoring certificate? I'm a classical musician but...

SlyStone
replies: 13 views: 772
telecode 2 weeks ago

Has anyone tried a service besides Tunesat for monitoring music used in broadcast or internet? Just wondering if anyone has first...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 21 views: 1,284
VitaEtMusica 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have two possibilities to sell a song to a company: 1) Selling only its publishing rights for X$ 2) Selling both...

Donedeal0
replies: 2 views: 412
Donedeal0 2 weeks ago

Hello folks... I'm currently working on a track of my own and have my MIDI strings arrangement almost complete but I don't write...

JayPMusic
replies: 9 views: 511
tritace 3 weeks ago

Hi, The vast majority of composers have a sample folder to speed up their workflow. Thought it is - in my opinion - perfectly...

Redmont
replies: 14 views: 541
mightymykle 3 weeks ago

Hello, I have the possibility to sign a dozen of songs to a publisher, who offers an exclusive deal and an equal share on each...

Redmont
replies: 66 views: 2,620
Chris_S 3 weeks ago

Hey guys ! I thought I'd let all my fellow Gearslutz users know that the video game company Ubisoft Entertainment is looking for...

Sillyrobin
replies: 60 views: 3,169
OddTimeGrinder 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, Wanted to float out this question to you all since ASCAP domestic just paid this morning... I am seeing what...

clearside
replies: 26 views: 1,236
VitaEtMusica 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, I’ve got an exceptional question I´d like to ask you. I am part of a research team that bothers itself with the...

MarcGermany
replies: 1 views: 530
VitaEtMusica 3 weeks ago

Here’s the situation: a friend* of mine has a small-scale digital media operation and has recently used MusicBed to license...

nwade90
replies: 6 views: 517
drBill 4 weeks ago

Just a fun video I made with my guitar student of a version of "Song of Storm" from Ocarina Of time. What do you...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 361
okarowarrior 4 weeks ago

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 268 views: 28,913
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

Here's a fun little track preset I put together called 'The Cluster Designer". I use this when I want to bend notes...

Benmrx
replies: 2 views: 555
Benmrx 4 weeks ago

Hi, Sometimes, I hear music in tv-series that sound similar to some of my songs, but in the end, mine gather dust. Therefore,...

Redmont
replies: 3 views: 755
pentagon 11th July 2018

I met Robert over at NAMM, such a nice and humble guy. He's a bit of a sound genius too! Here's a great interview with him...

BryanB
replies: 0 views: 378
BryanB 10th July 2018

Hi guys I am trying to track down some well-priced samples, either as a library or to be purchased individually - or even in...

yeloop
replies: 4 views: 550
Amber 10th July 2018

Hello fellow composers. I recently got the bug to start making tutorials, tips+tricks videos, etc. This is my first attempt at a...

Benmrx
replies: 2 views: 498
Benmrx 10th July 2018

I scored an “indie” (probably considered a big indie, over $4 million budget) Film, and wrote some rock theme songs for it...

kslight
replies: 18 views: 1,368
kslight 10th July 2018

Delighted with this, my score of the movie 'Sodium Party' is being released on vinyl by the 'Spun Out Of Control label......

buzzlegs
replies: 1 views: 473
nspaas 8th July 2018
replies: 0 views: 502
Desire Inspires 7th July 2018

Is there a preferred format for when i send some music to a tv show? Just wondering. Thanks.

zeep
replies: 2 views: 529
Etch-A-Sketch 6th July 2018

Audiosparx

I'm looking to get into some music libraries and I got accepted into Audiosparx recently. Anyone have experience with them?...

Amber
replies: 210 views: 43,111
topaz 4th July 2018

Trying to decide between the two. Both are on sale. (Last day) East west seems to do sales more often. NI once or twice a...

jx-10recorder
replies: 0 views: 435
jx-10recorder 3rd July 2018

Hey guys, I've had a lot of music on all of these different sites and have gotten paid 0 for tens or even hundreds of millions...

usainmahmud
replies: 4 views: 773
Etch-A-Sketch 3rd July 2018

Hey, To come straight to the point: I'm just working/arranging an Avicii song for a live orchestra setup...it sounds damn good,...

freshdax
replies: 10 views: 882
Sekkle 28th June 2018

I’ve used a few distributors and am fine with them, but just stumbled on Symphonic. They advertise a “one stop” type of...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 0 views: 408
OddTimeGrinder 28th June 2018
replies: 5 views: 886
Jeff Hayat 26th June 2018

Hello there. I made this video and music months ago. I've composed it and recorded it in just one day (hence the many...

okarowarrior
replies: 0 views: 389
okarowarrior 25th June 2018

Posted this in the main gear section for some "exposure" but this is really the only place i post/read so I figured I'd...

orbiterred
replies: 3 views: 544
007 24th June 2018

US folks, are Univision royalties in line with the likes of NBC, CBS etc? I've just had a library album released that getting...

Amber
replies: 8 views: 836
AlpacaRoom 20th June 2018

Just curious what your guys approach is? Obviously it's quicker to send out singles once completed, but as an approach, would...

SpikeWolf
replies: 19 views: 1,290
Desire Inspires 20th June 2018

Hey All, I realize this might not be the best place for it but I know there are some fairly well respected mixers here, and...

orbiterred
replies: 5 views: 749
orbiterred 18th June 2018

...the following, simple, hypothetic (!) scenario: -I have a pretty amazing sounding orchestral track, for which I didn't used a...

freshdax
replies: 5 views: 737
Etch-A-Sketch 17th June 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search