The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 3,724
guinea 25th April 2018

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 25,483
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 26,569
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 11 views: 1,365
robgriff 1 hour ago

It's here, it's here, it's here! Well ... next week it will be. :) The Study of Orchestration (Fourth Edition): Samuel Adler:...

peter5992
replies: 24 views: 5,195
robgriff 1 hour ago

I have little experience booking halls for recording sessions, and am thinking there might be someone here who knows more/better...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 0 views: 104
Jeff Hayat 6 hours ago

I have been writing music for over 20 years. Since I regarded music production as a hobby (I studied and work as a horn player),...

denstrow
replies: 17 views: 756
denstrow 13 hours ago

I don't care what you think of Trump, good or bad, but this legislation is a good start. Let's see how fast this turns into a...

Danny Scott
replies: 8 views: 580
implant 13 hours ago

Hi, When checking on a governmental website the official tax declaration of a company with which I may sign some songs (I...

Donedeal0
replies: 3 views: 191
Desire Inspires 14 hours ago

I know a legal question may be misplaced here, but there is high activity in this sub so I thought I would give it a go. I...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 4 views: 433
gsilbers 14 hours ago

Hello all, this is my first post. I have to say I've spent many hours reading post in this forum and I want to thank you all...

BrunoChulapi
replies: 2 views: 286
BrunoChulapi 14 hours ago

Hello, I have the possibility to sign a dozen of songs to a publisher, who offers an exclusive deal and an equal share on each...

Redmont
replies: 69 views: 3,199
kclements 22 hours ago

Just got my royalty statement for this quarter. They took 35% of my blanket cable royalties! The adjustment reason states...

Desire Inspires
replies: 56 views: 2,114
kclements 1 day ago

Very basic question and something I really should know and so I'm hoping someone can help. When PRS pay royalties, in this...

marksargison
replies: 7 views: 649
kclements 1 day ago

when composing additive music For games, does anyone use masterbus effects for volume or compression on the stems? I am so used...

lopan
replies: 0 views: 238
lopan 3 days ago

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 273 views: 31,323
Musicbydavid 4 days ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 23 views: 2,085
olbean 4 days ago

I been wanting to get into sync licensing for TV, Film, Ads, Game ...ect but not a clue where to start. Got a few questions for...

juiseman
replies: 9 views: 624
drBill 5 days ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 41 views: 2,682
AudioSoundzz 5 days ago

Let's say you have music you are marketing -- what do some of you charge for different uses (i.e. film, advertising, etc.) and...

noah440
replies: 9 views: 596
Etch-A-Sketch 6 days ago

Looks like Songtradr went 'pay to play' yesterday... Strange how it looks like it is not possible for such companies to earn...

NFL
replies: 17 views: 5,828
Danny Scott 1 week ago

Hi guys, I though it would be nice to have a thread where we all share tips and things we've learnt from doing our libary...

librarymusictips
replies: 30 views: 1,407
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Hi, Does anyone recognize the instrument used in Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell? I mean that descending four note ostinato...

Jaakko
replies: 3 views: 318
drBill 1 week ago

Hi. Friends, does anyone have any experience working in the Really slow motion or Audiomachine and others. Share please...

Arlidar
replies: 9 views: 1,135
dannymc 1 week ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 23 views: 5,741
RealityCheck 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I posted this topic in the Post sub-forum but thankfully was guided to the correct one. So here is a repost....

jjitter
replies: 12 views: 571
Sekkle 1 week ago

Senate Passes Music Modernization Act – Variety Ok, cool. I think. I have read up on this a bit, like this art for...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 6 views: 684
DrAudiospecific 1 week ago

1) A few years ago I wrote a soundtrack for a video game with a "graveyard" theme, but the game flopped and now I want...

MIDIevil
replies: 3 views: 413
Audio Child 2 weeks ago

Anyone care to share the names of any reputable music/jingle houses that get gigs for tv commercials?

Protools Guy
replies: 57 views: 21,760
oscar_wonderboy 2 weeks ago

I'm planning on putting my latest song exclusively to Jingle Punks. In addition, I will release the song as a promotional single...

Harrison81
replies: 26 views: 1,444
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

Lib I have been with for years calls me for a specific job. A few :45 sec cues. Easy stuff - the kind of cues that I can knock...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 33 views: 1,638
Jeff Hayat 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I´m uploading some of my instrumentals to the Getty Images Music Portal but I am not really sure about editing the...

MaggieSmalls
replies: 0 views: 342
MaggieSmalls 2 weeks ago

Do any of you guys know of a TV archive website that shows old TV show listings? A Google search came up with TV Tango but it...

Danny Scott
replies: 14 views: 686
Danny Scott 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm looking for a couple of decent but inexpensive (sadly) mics to record a bunch of people in a room (actors) reading...

ADLondon
replies: 0 views: 316
ADLondon 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone... so that time of year is quickly approaching again. The annual Production Music Conference is a couple months...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 31 views: 1,575
clearside 3 weeks ago

OR did they buy into a bubble, like crypto currency? I heard BMG was spending an exorbitant amount of money buying decent...

youngrichyrich
replies: 10 views: 696
lornemalvo 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I've got a general-ish question, but I'm trying to figure out something deeper too. I'm fairly new to working...

world sound
replies: 15 views: 999
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

I tried to find an answer searching here and there on Gearslutz, but I'm not able to find it. I'm planning to produce and mix,...

Daniele Nosella
replies: 22 views: 1,613
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

4 bar phrases with new textures being added to the top - every 4 to 8 bars, growing in size to a culminating riser, then a...

drBill
replies: 28 views: 1,262
goodkeys 4 weeks ago

First off sorry for opening up another thread, I wasn't able to find anything regarding the issue as follows: I'm just writing...

freshdax
replies: 14 views: 1,497
drBill 4 weeks ago

Hello, I think it would be interesting to create a thread for sharing each others tips & tricks on composing music faster....

Donedeal0
replies: 21 views: 1,601
Ovee 4 weeks ago

Hey Guys, Maybe this question should be in a regular mixing forum but I know Dr. Bill, Etch and the crew would be able to help....

Danny Scott
replies: 32 views: 1,943
implant 4 weeks ago

Hello guys I am trying to make some virtual strings to sound fat and more professional ... but I am not getting result that I...

darkstar
replies: 14 views: 1,771
drBill 4 weeks ago

Recently I started to learn midi mock-up for film music and shift my composition habits from old-school stuff (paper-and-pen and...

NativeSheet
replies: 4 views: 588
Etch-A-Sketch 4 weeks ago

Jz7W7jyibVE Paradim Shift. Paying for media conent. The other side: 8EsE-T0hkEM Research for yourself....

color
replies: 6 views: 780
color 4 weeks ago

Hello there GS! I read a lot about self-publishing on GS and on the web, but there are small details that are still unfamiliar...

Ovee
replies: 3 views: 779
NemisisLondon 4 weeks ago

I received my BMI quarterly today and noticed APPLEOMNIBUS2017. Can someone explain what this is? Obviously it's through Apple,...

OddTimeGrinder
replies: 0 views: 450
OddTimeGrinder 14th September 2018

Might be good for us to have a single place to comment on both the MMA and the European copyright reforms as well as others in...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 2 views: 457
JJAM 14th September 2018

Hi, How do you handle a professional business relationship with uncommunicative collaborators? I have had several experiences...

Donedeal0
replies: 8 views: 543
boinkeee2000 14th September 2018

Will Europe's copyright plans change the internet? NXZWk6mO5Jk As she says: „We are are used to readily share...

color
replies: 0 views: 352
color 13th September 2018

Hey guys, I've just completed a custom job; client overly satisfied with the results, money received, all well... ....not a...

freshdax
replies: 14 views: 1,925
gregorydutchman 13th September 2018

Greetings to all the helpful users of Music for Picture, Longtime reader first time poster! Searched this forum along with Music...

generic1988
replies: 23 views: 2,188
Desire Inspires 12th September 2018

I'm finding these Secrets of the Score episodes super interesting and educational. I thought you guys might enjoy too. No...

RKMusic
replies: 1 views: 750
blaugruen7 9th September 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search