The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 34,947
spiderman 19th August 2019

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 8,990
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 13,025
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 35,583
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Been considering signing up to Taxi.com but have read so many mixed reviews...wondering if anybody here has had any success with...

ITB_Audio
replies: 30 views: 835
Cosmicdolphin 35 minutes ago

Hey all, So I'm new to the whole production library music game and just starting to dip my toe into composing film music....

ITB_Audio
replies: 6 views: 475
ITB_Audio 8 hours ago

Has any of you guys gathered experience with selling licenses on your own homepages? If yes, which plugin or widget are you...

freshdax
replies: 5 views: 747
JimmyKnights 10 hours ago

Alright, film scorers. Clear something up for me. Keep in mind I am a complete newbie to music production and film scoring in...

ErickCBass
replies: 12 views: 619
ErickCBass 21 hours ago

Anybody here using Songtradr for anything? I recently joined, kind of by accident while trying to test out the site, and I ended...

kingoftheslutz
replies: 13 views: 1,199
HCMCatherine 22 hours ago

Media composers based in the UK may be interested in this event in London on March 4th. "In December last year Discovery...

OliverV
replies: 0 views: 277
OliverV 1 day ago

Hey everyone, There's a new law in California that moves to convert "freelancers" into W2 based employees, forcing...

JohnFulford
replies: 134 views: 5,749
Etch-A-Sketch 1 day ago

Hi all, Today I published an open letter to raise awareness of the aggressive devaluation and exploitation that's currently...

lewis_foster
replies: 120 views: 9,609
J011yR4nch3r 4 days ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 359 views: 53,246
elcct 5 days ago
replies: 27 views: 1,571
ShadowsOfLife 1 week ago

I made a quick search and was surprised that there weren’t any conversations about this. I am trying to see how common or...

DylanParade
replies: 79 views: 9,513
Pingafuego 1 week ago
replies: 6 views: 777
chrischoir 2 weeks ago

See subject.. I've watched various videos and seen people use the ancient doepfer pocket fader, a guy from spitfire using the...

basehead617
replies: 9 views: 942
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I've been doing sound and music for video games every day for about 12-13 years now, and audio for about 28...

InGameSound
replies: 2 views: 487
rackzpro 2 weeks ago

"Discovery has informed many of its top composers that, beginning in 2020, they must give up all performance royalties...

soundpal
replies: 62 views: 4,831
ehrenebbage 3 weeks ago

Dear all, I received an email inviting me to join a neighboring rights collection society. It's something I had on the back of...

Beluga_
replies: 2 views: 873
Beluga_ 3 weeks ago
replies: 40 views: 2,736
Evita 3 weeks ago

hi. i've had an experience with soundreef id like to present. i tried uploading 75 tracks, only 2 were accepted. no...

skepsys82
replies: 5 views: 4,581
MusicOverload 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, have been selling a lot of syncs lately and as always: to spot the end usage can get pretty hard! The only easy...

freshdax
replies: 21 views: 3,276
freshdax 3 weeks ago

I am a Tunesat paying subscriber and have been for a long time. I wondered what other subscribers thought of the service. It just...

lornemalvo
replies: 21 views: 1,818
Adrian Cook 3 weeks ago

Just picked up the CD. I do not own the original of TESB www.jeffreyhayat.com/temp/sw.wav The first part is the orig off of yt....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 0 views: 276
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

I have a question for the pros who have actually dealt with this stuff: I scored a feature film for the SyFy Channel this past...

genshi
replies: 8 views: 526
Jcoop 3 weeks ago

Hi all! We just finished a project where the idea was to remaster the most beloved sound effect in film, The Wilhelm Scream,...

bob_gnarly
replies: 2 views: 529
Brent Hahn 4 weeks ago

Hello! So I was growing up on the 90s stuff and some of the lower budget movie composers along with some TV series composers...

Orson Maxwell
replies: 7 views: 562
Orson Maxwell 4 weeks ago

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could recommend any synths that are geared towards 80s horror soundtracks. I'm looking for...

shinobi
replies: 69 views: 29,746
Syngenor 4 weeks ago

A library offered me an album next year that will get a lot of use on Fox Network. I've had a few syncs with them already on a...

Amber
replies: 4 views: 1,114
drBill 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I think its probably a prophet 5 but does anyone know what synth creates the arpeggiated bassline at the start of...

tank1978
replies: 16 views: 7,047
cetera 4 weeks ago

Anyone familiar with a library/pub called Evolution Media Music? Just found their briefs, and am wanting to submit, but have...

salbinti
replies: 31 views: 1,288
salbinti 4 weeks ago

Hi All, Wondering what folks do with cues for which you've been unable to find a home. Dump them in a variety of RF...

Steve Boynton
replies: 14 views: 929
jerry123 9th January 2020

Can someone please explain what is difference of using a resource like Songtrust vs Direct registration with the P.R.O.'s. like...

protools123
replies: 26 views: 9,145
kingoftheslutz 7th January 2020

Someone mentioned this, and with current "issues" in getting paid on time, getting paid appropriately, keeping insane...

drBill
replies: 5 views: 1,216
Ovee 6th January 2020

I'd like to buy a realistic sounding string library to run on my 2014 Mac Mini (2 core). Specs are 3 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 16...

soundofmai
replies: 13 views: 979
implant 1st January 2020

Greetings all, Quick question that came about from a side comment I've heard. I'm doing the occasional film scoring...

Anadrolic
replies: 15 views: 1,538
davetbass 30th December 2019

Hi, I am looking for videos to write some music over. Mainly things like tv adverts,video games,film trailers etc as I want to...

guitar dan
replies: 1 views: 477
mattiasnyc 28th December 2019

Look: https://musiclibraryreport.com/category/r-i-p-graveyard/

Desire Inspires
replies: 45 views: 2,538
drBill 27th December 2019

haven't seen this mentioned on here, just stumbled across it on another composers forum: https://yourmusicyourfuture.com/ Not...

orbiterred
replies: 7 views: 923
Jeff Hayat 26th December 2019

Hey guys! Ive been producing for about 16 years now and about a year ago I started focusing on music for tv, movies and...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 57 views: 7,249
Desire Inspires 23rd December 2019

How do I record a very long piece of audio in a daw. I know basic recording. It doesn’t have to be the highest resolution just...

NoPro
replies: 4 views: 435
NoPro 21st December 2019

hey all -- i've let my largest client take advantage of me by never being forceful when it comes to demanding payment on time....

frizzy
replies: 53 views: 2,119
12ax7 20th December 2019

Another freebie! Good day everyone! John Powell just announced that his mix with the masters episode is free to watch,...

gh0stwrit3r
replies: 0 views: 465
gh0stwrit3r 20th December 2019

I found this article particularly enlightening. I especially like the part about Epidemic's transparency vs the PRO's. Classic....

VitaEtMusica
replies: 68 views: 10,148
Adrian Cook 20th December 2019

Hi all, First time poster here. Thanks for all the information you've all have been sharing here, it's been a great...

Dlitus
replies: 17 views: 1,591
lornemalvo 16th December 2019

TV and Film Composers Say Netflix, Other Streaming Services Insist on Buying Out Their Music Rights QUOTING (From HOLLYWOOD...

Dale Turner
replies: 16 views: 1,384
ohwell 15th December 2019

This has been in the works for a while and is now going public. Not the first attempt to grab royalties but this is a...

ehrenebbage
replies: 23 views: 1,598
ohwell 14th December 2019

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 289 views: 39,890
Old Gretscher 12th December 2019

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but looking for some opinions. I am currently looking for a full orchestral...

Starfireblack
replies: 16 views: 1,358
Adrian Cook 8th December 2019

Hi there folks. I have a bit of a sideline project going in and need a wonderfully designed album cover. Can anyone recommend...

chrisscomposer
replies: 6 views: 895
billy33 7th December 2019

Hey Gearslutz reader. Thinking of royalty music tends to make one see a ukelele with a happy chap whistling along... La La La...

pyramidtracks
replies: 18 views: 2,606
lornemalvo 7th December 2019

Pulled the trigger on an x6 yesterday to replace my babyface pro/focusrite octopre (adat) setup. Merry Christmas to me...

orbiterred
replies: 6 views: 844
feck 5th December 2019

So I've been getting back into 5.1 mixing after reconfiguring my studio for a surround mix project. There seems to be a...

GearAndGuitars
replies: 2 views: 3,359
ioannist 4th December 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search