The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
A note to all
Old 4th July 2013

A note to all

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz I'd like to say I'm gonna run more and more with a zero tolerance on bickering and negative derailing. So - you'll find stuff getting deleted if its just argumentative..... don't take it harshly - I'm just experimenting with running a tight ship; we've seen too many highly knowledgable professionals leave GS because of the basically rude and stupid comments of a couple of people who just don't get "good manners". SO - with that in mind I'd very much like to keep the Music for Picture area an argument and intolerance free zone. Maybe we can get a few people back....

Seems to have been excellent so far but I have noticed a couple of snarky posts - I just aint gonna take it motha-fekkas.....

xx

Old 4th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
I'm gonna run more and more with a zero tolerance on bickering and negative derailing.
That's it - IM OUTTA HERE!

Seriously, good move.

Maybe ALL of GS can be like this?
Old 4th July 2013
Lives for gear

Cool. Would be great to get some people who rely on tools we can all afford within reason (Omnisphere, Logic 9 etc) like Cliff Martinez, Charlie Clouser etc to do Q & As here.

Saying that, there's already a universe of info from Charlie on here already.

I think more of the new skool composers who rely on technology more would also be more up for chatting about these things.
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

I like it. Narco you should make this a sticky and change the title to make it more obvious. Maybe.... "The sheriff's in town"
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

thank you for not letting this fall into bs.
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds like a great idea to me! If there is one thing I know from working as a professional in this business, it is that the community is small, connected and generally very positive. There is just no reason for the negativity/bs that seems to happen more often these days. And those who propagate those attitudes will most likely reap what they sow - word gets around fast!
Old 5th July 2013

Thanks for the support

Wanna do it in a level way do I'm relying on you guys to inform me if I've acted in a biased way.
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

One more suggestion.... Maybe also kick certain off-topics threads into other forums. Its a lot easier for negativity and flaming to occur when you get things that are truly Newbie topics or wrong genre discussions.
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Seriously, good move.

Maybe ALL of GS can be like this?
+1
Gearslutz: A New Hope.
Old 5th July 2013

hahahha
Old 12th July 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
I have noticed a couple of snarky posts - I just aint gonna take it motha-fekkas.....
I knew it!

He's gone nuts! It's gone to his head and soon he will be sticking straws in his hair and claiming to be the Emperor of Abyssinia!

BTW, El Norco, are you still running Reaper alongside PT and how did that work out?

Next year (after severe delays) we are putting in an A-for-V room and so I am working slowly towards finding out which DAW or DAWs to get and more importantly, get to know and insist that free-lancer use and learn.

The top contenders are Nuendo, ProTools and Reaper. I don't really want to deal with having all three, though that might be an option, but each has its advantages and severe disadvantages. If we only knew if Avid will survive, Nuendo will become more user friendly and Reaper get the much needed AV and ADR tools with version 5, life would become much simpler!
Old 12th July 2013
Gear Guru

If Avid doesn't survive, PT will be sold off to someone.... And actually, that would probably be a good thing. PT is not going anywhere. It's much too entrenched in the Film and TV world in the US to disappear.

Now back to the King Narcoman comments.... heh heh
Old 12th July 2013

Raaaarrrggghhhhh
Old 13th July 2013
Lives for gear

Move done and onto the spirits? ;-)
Old 27th July 2013
Lives for gear

This is a good move.

I have to say that one thing which gets people's blood boiling, and subsequently their mouths flapping, is the wealth of misinformation on GS which steers those who don't know better down the wrong path. It's tough to watch a kid new to the industry waste hard-earned money on a bad decision which stemmed from another person's ego-based diatribe. Much of the bickering begins with an attempt to correct or douse that misinformation and continues with the defense of general helpfulness. The problem in these cases - so many of them - is the misinformation, but how do you police that? I know of no forum which has been successful though many have tried. It's one of those things which, to an extent, we must deal with.

Still, this rule is a positive and necessary step in my opinion.
Old 4th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz I'd like to say I'm gonna run more and more with a zero tolerance on bickering and negative derailing. So - you'll find stuff getting deleted if its just argumentative..... don't take it harshly - I'm just experimenting with running a tight ship; we've seen too many highly knowledgable professionals leave GS because of the basically rude and stupid comments of a couple of people who just don't get "good manners". SO - with that in mind I'd very much like to keep the Music for Picture area an argument and intolerance free zone. Maybe we can get a few people back....

Seems to have been excellent so far but I have noticed a couple of snarky posts - I just aint gonna take it motha-fekkas.....

xx

Great!!
Old 5th November 2015
Here for the gear
Howdy
Old 5th November 2015

Hi! And welcome
Old 6th November 2015
Here for the gear
Thank you, How are you doing?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search