The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stephen Arnold Music / The Vault
Old 18th September 2020
Stephen Arnold Music / The Vault

Hey guys,

any information about this company? I am thinking of sending some demos to them...has anyone worked with them, any thoughts?
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Addict

You mean sending them in to Stephen Arnold Music for their own labels right?

Most of their labels afaik, are independent and use Stephen Arnold Music as their USA distributors. So some of the labels won't be in the USA. From Great Britain, Europe ect.
Old 18th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cook View Post
You mean sending them in to Stephen Arnold Music for their own labels right?

Most of their labels afaik, are independent and use Stephen Arnold Music as their USA distributors. So some of the labels won't be in the USA. From Great Britain, Europe ect.

Yes, for their own label, especially the Vault. Do you have any experience with them? It seems they also have a deal with BMG. Any info on what kind of deals they offer to composers and are they good company to work with? Thanks!
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Addict

Yes, they're very good. They are pretty big in the USA apparently. They have their own recording studios and New York offices and all that kind of thing. They're based in Dallas, Texas I think. Their catalogue is like most distributors in that it's very eclectic. Good luck with the music entries.
Old 18th September 2020
Quote:
Here's an old album from a few years ago now. I think I've got about 9 albums on Stephen Arnold Music.

Yes, they're very good. They are pretty big in the USA apparently. They have their own recording studios and New York offices and all that kind of thing. They're based in Dallas, Texas I think. Their catalogue is like most distributors in that it's very eclectic. Good luck with the music entries.

https://search.stephenarnoldmusic.co...93c33ab70e4bdb

Sounds very good, listening to it right now! If you don't mind, what was the deal like? You can PM me if you don't like going public with it. Thanks!
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Addict

I don't have any knowledge of what my publishers deal is with any of their worldwide distributors/sub publishers. Sorry I can't help you with that bit of the puzzle. I would imagine it would be standard to good though.

But as you're going for one of their own labels, the deals they do on that basis will probably be dependent on the usual criteria of submitted music. The bigger the wow factor and all that stuff.
Old 18th September 2020
Quote:
I don't have any knowledge of what my publishers deal is with any of their worldwide distributors/sub publishers. Sorry I can't help you with that bit of the puzzle. I would imagine it would be standard to good though.

But as you're going for one of their own labels, the deals they do on that basis will probably be dependent on the usual criteria of submitted music. The bigger the wow factor and all that stuff.

Ok, got it, thanks for the info !
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear