The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What you using for Rhythmic build ups
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 

What you using for Rhythmic build ups

Interested to know what libraries your using for rhythmic parts on build ups or just to add vibe on modern music be it loop rhythms via kontakt or vsts etc.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
Gear Maniac
 

Give me an example of what you mean by rhythmic parts.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 

Like 8dio Rhythmic Aura for example if your aware of it ?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
Like 8dio Rhythmic Aura for example if your aware of it ?

Just took a quick listen to Rhythmic Aura demo. Unless I'm missing something, it is a whole bunch of synth sequences and arpeggios, you could do that with any modern VST synth and use plugins to further manipulate the sound (degrade, saturate, distort, etc.).
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 

Im looking for something like that more dedicated to percussion and quriky drum loops to add movement in that format to fill build ups! Any suggestions in what others may be using for such things ?

Anyone using PercX ? btw they have a sale! This might cover my needs!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
Im looking for something like that more dedicated to percussion and quriky drum loops to add movement in that format to fill build ups! Any suggestions in what others may be using for such things ?

Anyone using PercX ? btw they have a sale! This might cover my needs!
Cerberus: https://www.audioimperia.com/products/cerberus
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Head
check out stylus rmx by Spectrasonics
Old 1 week ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 

Would you say stylus is still useable in 2020?
Old 1 week ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Jeff Hayat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
Would you say stylus is still useable in 2020?
Yes, as long as, IMHO, the more popular patches are not completely exposed. 'Spheres' and the like. But as a backbeat that serves in a supporting role, or with other layers, sure!

OP - not sure exactly what you are after; I am not sure what 'rhythmic parts on build ups' means.

But, check out HY's DM-307, and ISW's momentum.

Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
  #10
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
Like 8dio Rhythmic Aura for example if your aware of it ?
I tend not to be aware of anything from 8dio.

I just for example, used Stylus on a track. Not the looped parts. The separate stuff like hi-hats etc. Easily played in. Stylus is still very good, although the interface could be updated. Easier to use than say EZ Drummer imo. EZD is clunky to me, but sounds pretty good. Got some well paid tracks out there with EZD Latin perc instruments for instance.

Plenty of rhythmic parts to be found on Omnisphere. That's a brilliant piece of kit for a library writer that knows what he/she is doing. I'm not talking about drones.

For just having a light percussive beat background, then DM-307 is quick and easy and sounds pretty good.

For other types of rhythmic areas, then you might want to look at Signal. I use that for hybrid mixtures. Works well on a lot of things. Gives it an edge.

For rhythmic parts that are orchestral, it's probably best to use orchestral instruments for that and write them yourself. Although orchestral with synthy/perc rhythmic patterns in a hybrid way can be lucrative where less equals more.

Or you could get into Sonokinetic for their rhythmic orchestral patterns. I use them all the time. BUT - not in a bare and open way so that all you hear is something where the writer has simply slammed a chord and let it play by itself. Hear that all the time on TV. Drives me mad.

Also, and perhaps weirdly, there's a piece of kit called Riffmaker (or something like that) that I have used quite a bit just lately. Same rules apply as with Sonokinetic for me. It's very rhythmic in a different way.
Old 1 week ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 

appreciate the advice guys gonna look into the suggestions!
Old 1 week ago
  #12
Gear Addict
 
Arcana's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
Would you say stylus is still useable in 2020?
I've had Stylus RMX since v1 - 2002 I think
I still use it, but much less than I used to. For £239, I think you can do better in 2020.

All the drum loops are very dated. I only use them if I put them through a bit crusher, distortion and bandpass filter - or similar.
If the loops were minimal, I could still find a use for them, but most of them are very busy. Too busy in fact.

These days I virtually only use the shakers and tambourines. Even the hihat loops have a dated sound to them. Some of the expansions are ok, but they are for the most part, quite acoustic sounding, and even then there's just better tools around for that.

I can't believe we've waited 16 years for a RMX 2.
Old 1 week ago
  #13
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
I've had Stylus RMX since v1 - 2002 I think
I still use it, but much less than I used to. For £239, I think you can do better in 2020.

All the drum loops are very dated. I only use them if I put them through a bit crusher, distortion and bandpass filter - or similar.
If the loops were minimal, I could still find a use for them, but most of them are very busy. Too busy in fact.

These days I virtually only use the shakers and tambourines. Even the hihat loops have a dated sound to them. Some of the expansions are ok, but they are for the most part, quite acoustic sounding, and even then there's just better tools around for that.

I can't believe we've waited 16 years for a RMX 2.
One comment - REX loops. . I use stylus quite a bit, but 97% of the time it's with aftermarket, 3rd party loops. REX loops are easy to convert into Stylus loops.
Old 1 week ago
  #14
Gear Addict
 
Arcana's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
One comment - REX loops. . I use stylus quite a bit, but 97% of the time it's with aftermarket, 3rd party loops. REX loops are easy to convert into Stylus loops.
Any recommendations?

I've got Action drums and Taiko from 9 volt, tons of Loop loft, a few eSoundz, Zero-G world pack, and maybe a couple more. But most of these are also rather ancient.
Old 1 week ago
  #15
Lives for gear
 
VitaEtMusica's Avatar
 

I've got PercX Pro, Drumatic Creator, Taiko Creator, Action Drums, all the Heavyocity stuff, iZotope BreakTweaker, Sonivox BIG BANG Perc. Then a big variety of drum and percussion libraries. They're all good. The first stuff mentioned works well for getting a groove happening quickly, then you change and supplement with the individual libraries. Lately I'm loving PercX. Really easy to work with and experiment and the sounds are excellent. For $149 with all the expansions, it's a steal.

All the 8dio stuff have sequencers built in and work well too, like the epic frame drum library and studio percussion stuff.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump