The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Missing royalties (US PRO problem)
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Missing royalties (US PRO problem)

Hello everyone,

I’m new the forum but have been doing production music full time for the last three years.

I’m with SOCAN and a few weeks ago I started looking into some missing US royalties with my PRO. When I searched into my US repertoire, I realized that the tracks were registered on both ASCAP and SESAC. I then emailed my publisher, who confirmed the tracks had been registered with SESAC. They are still investigating as to why the tracks appear on ASCAP's repertoire.

To this point I was thinking it was a mistake from this publisher and was waiting for some follow-up from them and my PRO. Today I looked again at my US repertoires and I’m having the same problem with a new album (with another publisher). Again, the tracks appear on both SESAC and ASCAP’s repertoire. (FYI, publishers are a major and a big independent.)

From what I understand, it’s common from a foreign writer to have tracks on different US PRO, depending on the publisher. I have tracks with BMI, ASCAP… and SESAC apparently. But having the SAME track with 2 US PRO seems like a BIG problem.

My PRO is currently investigating this but I wanted to see if any of you had ever encountered a similar problem. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search