The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EastWest Hollywood Strings compared to Spitfire
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
EastWest Hollywood Strings compared to Spitfire

I have the EastWest Hollywood string and brass libraries, and have been using them for several years. Maybe it's me, but I cannot get the EastWest instruments to swell. For example, the strings when played have no adjustment to build the sound in a natural way. Although I spent a lot of money on my EastWest libraries, I am looking at competing products from Spitfire because they have control expression and dynamics sliders.
Am I overlooking this feature in EastWest, or is it simply not there?
Thanks

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Are you using cc1 and cc11? I'm not certain I understand your question correctly. Because sculpting the dynamics via midi-cc is a very basic feature and you write that you are the library since a few years already.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Dynamics are controlled differently for different instruments of Hollywood Strings, some use the expression pedal (e.g. the powerful system legato strings). These work very well, especially in combination with vibrato levels which you can control simultaneously.

Check out the manual which has an overview of what controls what.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Depends on what kind of music you're doing but if you're looking at dynamics, swell and legato for example, why are you not looking at Cinematic Studio Strings?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cook View Post
Depends on what kind of music you're doing but if you're looking at dynamics, swell and legato for example, why are you not looking at Cinematic Studio Strings?
Hey, I mght try that. I sold some rare gold sovereigns at auction and so have some spare cash.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
Hey, I mght try that. I sold some rare gold sovereigns at auction and so have some spare cash.
That's very good news.

This will now help you to carry on writing your horrid little string quartets and not have to worry about them making any money. Well done.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cook View Post
That's very good news.

This will now help you to carry on writing your horrid little string quartets and not have to worry about them making any money. Well done.
Thanks!
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Even at the exponential rate this virus destroys securities which have been build up over decades you are “investing” your spare-money in a new string quartet?

Some people would buy gold or silver from this money and burry it in their backyard.

On the other hand: While all real orchestras around the world are shut down, the virtual ones still play.

I call this a brave move.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search