The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Commercial~ Royalty rights etc how much to expect and...
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Commercial~ Royalty rights etc how much to expect and...

Hey, recently browsing gs forums but couldn’t find anything great on this topic.

Recently scored an international commercial campaign for a major company so the upfront fees have been really nice.
I also own writing and publishing another plus.

Question regarding royalties,
Can’t find any decent information on what, for example, a 15 second tvc nationally would earn per occurrence?

Another question, what can I expect from online video royalties, if anything? They seem to be using YouTube as a platform to advertise the video from.
Per occurrence, if you have an idea.

And then finally, this campaign is getting more broad and widespread and I’m worried about losing publishing money~ is it advisable to sign with a publishing admin company to make sure I get what’s due? Also I’ve heard of neighboring rights? It may be a fair chunk of countries this thing gets played in.

I’m with Ascap for reference~ I’m not super interested in hearing debates about bmi vs Ascap but if anyone here has experience with these sorts of situations, I’d be super appreciative.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chara63000 View Post
Hey, recently browsing gs forums but couldn’t find anything great on this topic.

Recently scored an international commercial campaign for a major company so the upfront fees have been really nice.
I also own writing and publishing another plus.

Question regarding royalties,
Can’t find any decent information on what, for example, a 15 second tvc nationally would earn per occurrence?

Another question, what can I expect from online video royalties, if anything? They seem to be using YouTube as a platform to advertise the video from.
Per occurrence, if you have an idea.

And then finally, this campaign is getting more broad and widespread and I’m worried about losing publishing money~ is it advisable to sign with a publishing admin company to make sure I get what’s due? Also I’ve heard of neighboring rights? It may be a fair chunk of countries this thing gets played in.

I’m with Ascap for reference~ I’m not super interested in hearing debates about bmi vs Ascap but if anyone here has experience with these sorts of situations, I’d be super appreciative.

Thanks
Cool. How did you score this deal? Are there any more deals like this out there?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Make friends with acds at ad agencies.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search