The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Few orchestral pieces from a production music noob...feedback appreciated!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Few orchestral pieces from a production music noob...feedback appreciated!

Hey all,

So I'm new to the whole production library music game and just starting to dip my toe into composing film music. Here's a few pieces I finally got my lazy @ RSE around to finishing....any feedback most welcome:

https://soundcloud.com/user-87496336...-demos/s-7gp91

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Matt.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

First of all I am assuming you are looking to use these 3 tracks to send into exclusive libraries as an example of what you can do?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I would suggest to rework your strings' legato, they currently sound too "plug-in". Good luck !
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Adrian, yes correct, a few pieces to showcase my work to potential libraries, working on a bunch of other stuff to beef out my portfolio at the moment!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

They’re very nicely conceived, I agree the strings need to “naturalise” a little but composition sounds good to me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_Audio View Post
Thanks Adrian, yes correct, a few pieces to showcase my work to potential libraries, working on a bunch of other stuff to beef out my portfolio at the moment!
Good efforts.

They're all in the minor key and not what could be described as upbeat. Nothing wrong with that, but library's are full of this kind of material and generally you would have to ask what kind of usage and shelf life they have.

For example, the first one starts off well and could easily have been in a 70's edition of Columbo. The second one could also have been in Columbo or a French 60's style movie.

What would worry me is their usage on TV today. And as others pointed out, your strings sound a little thick - as if you're playing block chords on a string patch.

Good luck with it all and I hope you get a gig.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated!

A few people have mentioned Legato to me...am I right in assuming these refers to the fluidity and transitions between notes and chords on the strings?

How do other people approach this? I work Spitfire Audio products so tend to work a lot with automating the dynamics and the expressions of the strings.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search