The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Some EW Orchestra Demos are fake?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Some EW Orchestra Demos are fake?

I just analysed Some of Thomas Bergersen work for East West demo page and its own work as 2 Steps from Hell (real orchestra recording).

1.Tower of Mischief

Here is the link from EW Website/Demo page:
http://media.soundsonline.com/mp3/HB...f_Mischief.mp3

Here is link from Youtube, where the track is played by real orchestra (two steps from hell album):

2. Allegro Agitato

Here the link from EW Demo page:
http://media.soundsonline.com/mp3/24...ro-Agitato.mp3

Here is the track played by real orchestra (two steps from hell album)

After first listening they seem to be a little different, different EQ, dynamics etc. However when I analysed both tracks within DAW, the waveforms are identical in terms of timing and phase. I used 44100Hz resolution and they are completely in sync with an accuracy of one sample from very beginning to very end. I used simple EQ to add some bottom and high end to real recording versions and they are indistinguishable.

Here is the track creating from two tracks "real orchestra" track and "virtual library" track. One turns the other every few seconds. You can here small drop outs,

So there are two explanation:
Either both versions of the same track are made by sample library or by real orchestra. From what I know, all albums of 2 Steps from Hell have been recorded using real orchestra. So I guess that demo tracks on EW demo page are not created by virtual orchestra

Last edited by poshook; 1 week ago at 07:12 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Link didn't work dude.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

There are a few moments in 'Tower of Mischief' where you can hear that samples are being used. At 0:43 for example. The choir is almost certainly samples as well. Thomas Bergersen is incredibly accomplished at producing mockups. So it's impossible to know how exactly these tracks were produced. Could be all samples, could be samples mixed with some recordings. Why not send an e-mail to Mr. Bergersen and ask him?

In the past, Eastwest has not always presented itself in the best light. But I don't think that anything is wrong with these demos. Thomas Bergersen is simply a mockup-wizard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search