The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Re-sing sample pack vocals
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Addict

Re-sing sample pack vocals

Hey all,

I wonder: I have this great vocal set for a full song with great text for a very good production track (I think the text alone will be a seller).

I used vocal sample packs for practicing purpose in the past. Now I use real vocalist.

Can I use the samples from that pack and let the sing by a vocalist? I have the right to use the samples. But do I have the right to let them sing by another vocalist and basically use the text form that pack?

I can not find anything about this on google. Does anyone have an idea or some knowledge about this?

Or do I be better of by making (new) something similar with a vocalist? I know this is the save route. But I would like to know how this works.

So basically can I use the text from the samples sing by another vocalist?

Thanks!
Glenn
Old 22nd October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Hey all,

I wonder: I have this great vocal set for a full song with great text for a very good production track (I think the text alone will be a seller).

I used vocal sample packs for practicing purpose in the past. Now I use real vocalist.

Can I use the samples from that pack and let the sing by a vocalist? I have the right to use the samples. But do I have the right to let them sing by another vocalist and basically use the text form that pack?

I can not find anything about this on google. Does anyone have an idea or some knowledge about this?

Or do I be better of by making (new) something similar with a vocalist? I know this is the save route. But I would like to know how this works.

Thanks!
Glenn
What is the vocalist going to sing?
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
What is the vocalist going to sing?
I wonder why your asking?

I probably better of when I take the idea and make it my own ?
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks!
Glenn
Are you saying that you have a sample pack of vocals that you’ve spliced together and you like the lyrics so much that you want to have your singer cut a new track with those same vocals?

I’d love to hear what sample library you’ve found that has lyrics that inspiring lol

When you bought the sample library it came with a use agreement... read it thoroughly.

Loop/sample/vsti libraries usually have a line in their end user agreements that say that you can’t use their stuff to create a new loop/sample/instrument
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Are you saying that you have a sample pack of vocals that you’ve spliced together and you like the lyrics so much that you want to have your singer cut a new track with those same vocals?

I’d love to hear what sample library you’ve found that has lyrics that inspiring lol

When you bought the sample library it came with a use agreement... read it thoroughly.

Loop/sample/vsti libraries usually have a line in their end user agreements that say that you can’t use their stuff to create a new loop/sample/instrument
No it is only 1 song of vocals. 2x Verse, chorus and ad lips.

And it reflects a few moments all reality soaps have in it almost every season ... more then once.

I sometimes bin the extra documents and stuff in packs. So there is no agreement in it. I checked. I will re-download it from my vendor.
Old 22nd October 2019
Quote:
I wonder why your asking?

I probably better of when I take the idea and make it my own ?
No, that’s illegal.
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks!
Glenn
Sounds like you used a PHRASE LIBRARY (which may be part of the sample library you have) and chopped/edited together to make longer phrases? One becoming a verse, another a chorus, etc? And then you want a "real" singer to re-sing it? Probably not a problem... but I'd not use the same words, just because... they must be generic as hell!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search