The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The countdown begins... PMC2019
Old 15th August 2019
The countdown begins... PMC2019

https://pmamusic.com/pmc2019/

Love it or hate it, the 2019 Production Music Conference is almost here. For those of you who haven't been looking, it's Sept 23-26th, 2019 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (same place it was last year) right next to Hollywood And Highland.

I am moderating a panel discussion this year... It's on Wed Sept 25th at 3:50pm. It's called "After The License" and it focuses on what happens to our music after we win the license and all the BS people downstream in the production departments have to deal with. I'm still solidifying the panelists but so far I have a Picture Editor/Creative Director, Music Editor, and Re-recording mixer. I'm still waiting to get confirmation from a Music Supervisor. It should be an interesting panel. As far as I know, there hasn't been any other panels that have gotten picture editors, music editors and re-recording mixers up on stage, so it should be fun!

If anyone else here from GS is on a Panel or moderating a panel post it here in this thread and we can all try to attend and support you!

And like last year... let's get a list here of who's going. I'm hoping I can put together the same Gearslutz Breakfast Meetup at The Griddle like we did last year. So if you are up for meeting up for breakfast (and some of the best french toast in the world), post a message in this thread!

Cheers everyone and I'll see some of you in a few weeks!
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict

It would be nice to be there, but I'm 10000 kms away...I hope you guys have a great time !
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by implant View Post
It would be nice to be there, but I'm 10000 kms away...I hope you guys have a great time !
Road trip??
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Road trip??
Road, swimming and diving trip, all in one.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Nut

Looks like it's $389 to attend as a non member. Seems pretty steep to me. I do know some other people going and plan to meet up outside the conference. Maybe I'm just cheap.
Old 15th August 2019
Ugh, I still don't know if I'll be attending this year. I was planning on it, but then I got a call to appear on a game show that's going to require me to fly to LA a few weeks before the conference. Don't know if I'm going to make two cross-country trips so close together. It was fun last year, though!
Old 16th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaRoom View Post
Ugh, I still don't know if I'll be attending this year. I was planning on it, but then I got a call to appear on a game show that's going to require me to fly to LA a few weeks before the conference. Don't know if I'm going to make two cross-country trips so close together. It was fun last year, though!
Yeah, you will be there. Make it happen.
Old 16th August 2019
Gear Head

I’ll be there this year.
Old 16th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaRoom View Post
yeah man, it was great meeting you at the Griddle!

Well I hope to see you this year but if not, there is always next year!
Old 16th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclements View Post
I’ll be there this year.
awesome!

If you are up for meeting up for the breakfast thing, let me know.
Old 17th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
awesome!

If you are up for meeting up for the breakfast thing, let me know.
I’m up for it, depending on the day.
Old 19th August 2019
I'll be there and always look forward to it. Its a great hang, its great information and its excellent for business. If your on the fence about going, i can tell you first hand that this thing pays for itself. I've made so many great relationships and connections that have translated into money in my pocket, its crazy that more composers don't go! That being said, hope you can make it Alpaca!

I'll also be on a panel this year talking about the different types of composer contracts us as composers face out here in the PM world.
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearside View Post
I'll be there and always look forward to it. Its a great hang, its great information and its excellent for business. If your on the fence about going, i can tell you first hand that this thing pays for itself. I've made so many great relationships and connections that have translated into money in my pocket, its crazy that more composers don't go! That being said, hope you can make it Alpaca!

I'll also be on a panel this year talking about the different types of composer contracts us as composers face out here in the PM world.
No way!!! Awesome! what day and time is your panel?
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
No way!!! Awesome! what day and time is your panel?
I'll be on Thursday the 26th at 4:10 pm - 5:10 pm
“Wheeling and Dealing” - Navigating the Ever-Changing World of Library Composer Deals

"Helping Composers make the right decisions on work that best fits their needs, debating and explaining the various deals out there and the pros and cons of each."

Looking forward to it and since i have been in so many different types of deals I think i may actually have some decent input to say on the matter :P
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
I'll be on Thursday the 26th at 4:10 pm - 5:10 pm
“Wheeling and Dealing” - Navigating the Ever-Changing World of Library Composer Deals

"Helping Composers make the right decisions on work that best fits their needs, debating and explaining the various deals out there and the pros and cons of each."

Looking forward to it and since i have been in so many different types of deals I think i may actually have some decent input to say on the matter :P
I'm sure you will! I'll be there to cheer you on (or heckle you... you never know! )
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
I'm sure you will! I'll be there to cheer you on (or heckle you... you never know! )
LOL! I'll be at your panel on Wends for sure. I better heckle you first!
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
LOL! I'll be at your panel on Wends for sure. I better heckle you first!
Bring it! Hahahaha... although I'm the moderator, I'm just asking the questions. Gonna be hard to heckle me.
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am moderating a panel discussion this year... It's on Wed Sept 25th at 3:50pm.

I'm hoping I can put together the same Gearslutz Breakfast Meetup at The Griddle like we did last year. So if you are up for meeting up for breakfast (and some of the best french toast in the world), post a message in this thread
I'm definitely in for breakfast and will do my best to attend the panel.

Quote:
Dude! That's freakin' awesome! I'll try to make it to your panel as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!
Old 21st August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Bring it! Hahahaha... although I'm the moderator, I'm just asking the questions. Gonna be hard to heckle me.
We could mock the questions your asking!
Old 21st August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I'm definitely in for breakfast and will do my best to attend the panel.

Dude! That's freakin' awesome! I'll try to make it to your panel as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!
Hey Mike! Dude, it'll be great to see you. I emailed you after PMC last year but maybe i hit the wrong email. Lets catch up for sure!
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey Mike! Dude, it'll be great to see you. I emailed you after PMC last year but maybe i hit the wrong email. Lets catch up for sure!
Oh no!

In addition to having issues with my email (I switched from GoDaddy to iPage last September, which has been a nightmare!), I had serious back surgery in early November, so it may have ended up in Spam and I was too medicated to see it. My sincerest apologies.

I'm totally looking forward to catching up!
Old 4th September 2019
ok, we are getting closer...

So far it looks like these people are coming:

@ Mike P
@ clearside
@ kclements

Anyone else from GS wanna meet up for breakfast at the Griddle?

@ AlpacaRoom
@ VitaEtMusica
@ JohnFulford
@ ehrenebbage
@ Chuck.dallas

I also have a few people from outside Gearslutz that are coming too... so it should be fun!

I still haven't picked a day yet... But I was thinking maybe Wed Sept 25th in the morning... I could do Thurs morning but I figured Wed might be better since then we can keep running into the new people you met at the breakfast during the day and saying hi.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

@ Mike P
@ clearside
@ kclements

@ AlpacaRoom
@ VitaEtMusica
@ JohnFulford
@ ehrenebbage
@ Chuck.dallas

I also have a few people from outside Gearslutz that are coming too... so it should be fun!

I still haven't picked a day yet... But I was thinking maybe Wed Sept 25th in the morning... I could do Thurs morning but I figured Wed might be better since then we can keep running into the new people you met at the breakfast during the day and saying hi.
I think so! Still sorting out my schedule for the trip but Weds looks pretty good.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Wednesday works for me. Looking forward to it and meeting everyone.

Thanks for putting this together Derek!

Kayle
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Sorry, I take this back. I won't be there until after 10AM on Wednesday. Hope to see some of you there! If things don't work out for Wed, I could do Thurs morning.

Last edited by VitaEtMusica; 5th September 2019 at 08:08 AM..
Old 6th September 2019
Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss the PMC this year ... just got back from the west coast and my mom's been sick, so I'm not going to make the trip this year. Hopefully next year, though. Have fun, everyone, maybe mail me a pancake.

(We were actually in LA last week and my wife insisted that we go to the Griddle for pancakes. Might have made a mistake by showing up at 8:30am on a Sunday, though: that line!)
Old 7th September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:

@ Mike P
@ clearside
@ kclements

@ AlpacaRoom
@ VitaEtMusica
@ JohnFulford
@ ehrenebbage
@ Chuck.dallas

Hey Derek! THANKS for the invite! It was great meeting everybody there last year and having some tasty breakfast. Mom's French Toast was fantastic -- the food highlight of my trip! I'm bummed because I have a commitment in Houston (ugh!) the same time so I can't attend PMA or your breakfast get together this year. Hopefully it will work out next year.

Have a GREAT PMA and tell everybody 'Hi!' for me. If any of you ever come through Dallas and want some of the best TexMex or BBQ in the country, please let me know and I'll be your personal Uber.
Old 8th September 2019
I should be good for Wednesday morning but can’t do Thursday so lmk!
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

FWIW, I’m good with any day this week
Old 9th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Sorry, I take this back. I won't be there until after 10AM on Wednesday. Hope to see some of you there! If things don't work out for Wed, I could do Thurs morning.
Thursday morning is looking better for me now as I'm having trouble finding a way to get my kids to school on time for Wed morning.

Clearside said he can't do thurs, is thurs morning bad for anyone else?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search