The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The countdown begins... PMC2019
Old 1 week ago
So I'm looking at the PMC schedule...

on Wed the Keynote doesn't start until 10:45am. So we could do the Griddle anytime before that...

But on Thursday the first panel starts at 9:30am. So if we do the Griddle on thursday we might have to start really early unless nobody was planning on going to that first panel?
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaRoom View Post
Ugh, I still don't know if I'll be attending this year. I was planning on it, but then I got a call to appear on a game show that's going to require me to fly to LA a few weeks before the conference. Don't know if I'm going to make two cross-country trips so close together. It was fun last year, though!
did you decide to come to the PMC? do you want to meet up for the Griddle again this year?
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Sorry, I take this back. I won't be there until after 10AM on Wednesday. Hope to see some of you there! If things don't work out for Wed, I could do Thurs morning.
Well it looks like thursday morning is working out better for everyone (including me dealing with getting my kids to school).

Do you want to come Thursday morning? I was thinking of starting around 8 or 8:30 am
Old 6 days ago
Here is the list so far...

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Peter K
Mitch M
Eric W
Hannah F
Luke F

Still waiting to hear back from a few... it should be a good group. If anyone else is coming to the PMC or is going to be in the LA area Thurs morning and wants to come, let me know and I'll add you to the list!

So I'm going to try and reserve the private back room for us at 8:30am. They may not seat us until everyone is there... I'll see what they say.

Cheers!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
Here is the list so far...

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Peter K
Mitch M
Eric W
Hannah F
Luke F

Still waiting to hear back from a few... it should be a good group. If anyone else is coming to the PMC or is going to be in the LA area Thurs morning and wants to come, let me know and I'll add you to the list!

So I'm going to try and reserve the private back room for us at 8:30am. They may not seat us until everyone is there... I'll see what they say.

Cheers!
Might bring a buddy if that's ok...can I get a +1 ? : )
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrenebbage View Post
Might bring a buddy if that's ok...can I get a +1 ? : )
Sure! Text me his name so I can add him to the list. I don't know if the griddle does +1's or if they just want every name so as people filter in they know who to direct to the back.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
did you decide to come to the PMC? do you want to meet up for the Griddle again this year?
I replied upthread somewhere, I think, but I’m not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately. Hope everybody has an awesome time!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well it looks like thursday morning is working out better for everyone (including me dealing with getting my kids to school).

Do you want to come Thursday morning? I was thinking of starting around 8 or 8:30 am

Yeah, Thursday should work fine for me. I'll plan on it. thx
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Yeah, Thursday should work fine for me. I'll plan on it. thx
awesome! Thursday at 8:30am at the Griddle!

The updated list as it stands now... still waiting to hear back from some more people

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Tyler F
Peter K
Mitchell M
Eric W
Hannah F
Lucas F
Damir P
Jonathan S
Shimon M

so it looks like we have about 14 people coming so far. It should be a fun hang!!!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

It’s on my calendar. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kayle
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
This will be my first PMC. Any advice for a first timer? Also, is the breakfast an open invite?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbachell View Post
This will be my first PMC. Any advice for a first timer? Also, is the breakfast an open invite?
Hey Alex,

There are a ton of libraries from around the world in attendance. Many of them have budgets to pay you up front (plus performance royalties and maybe a sync/blanket fee split)..

Don't waste time with libraries who tap dance around why they can't pay up front. You're coming from Long Beach, hitting that 405 to the 110 to the 101 to Highland Ave. You're coming up to LA to get paid. Forget about the "race to the bottom"..you're here to race to the TOP.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Hey Alex,

There are a ton of libraries from around the world in attendance. Many of them have budgets to pay you up front (plus performance royalties and maybe a sync/blanket fee split)..

Don't waste time with libraries who tap dance around why they can't pay up front. You're coming from Long Beach, hitting that 405 to the 110 to the 101 to Highland Ave. You're coming up to LA to get paid. Forget about the "race to the bottom"..you're here to race to the TOP.
Hey John,

Thanks for the reply and info, it's appreciated.

I'm looking forward to meeting other composers, mix engineers, library reps and anyone else working in the industry. Are you going to be in attendance? I am definitely not looking forward to being in that commuter traffic though...
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbachell View Post
Sure man. I'll add you to the list! I'll pm you my contact info so you can get in touch with him if you need to (if you can't find the place or find us in the place, etc).

Cheers!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Sure man. I'll add you to the list! I'll pm you my contact info so you can get in touch with him if you need to (if you can't find the place or find us in the place, etc).

Cheers!
Thanks!
Old 5 days ago
And the list keeps growing! It's going to be a fun time!!! Still waiting on a few more people to get back to me. We might end up taking over both private dining areas in back! This will be great! Although, I am imagining some people might not make it thurs morning if a lot of people go out drinking Wed night! So we'll see how many people make it. But it should be a fun group regardless.

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Tyler F
Peter K
Mitchell M
Eric W
Hannah F
Lucas F
Damir P
Jonathan S
Shimon M
Scott R
Alex B
Aaron G
Stewart W
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
And the list keeps growing! It's going to be a fun time!!! Still waiting on a few more people to get back to me. We might end up taking over both private dining areas in back! This will be great! Although, I am imagining some people might not make it thurs morning if a lot of people go out drinking Wed night! So we'll see how many people make it. But it should be a fun group regardless.

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Tyler F
Peter K
Mitchell M
Eric W
Hannah F
Lucas F
Damir P
Jonathan S
Shimon M
Scott R
Alex B
Aaron G
Stewart W

Yeah, but I don't see YOUR name on there Derek....
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Yeah, but I don't see YOUR name on there Derek....
LOL!!!! good point!

updated

Mike P
Kayle C
Carl P
Eddie W
Ehren E
Tyler F
Peter K
Mitchell M
Eric W
Hannah F
Lucas F
Damir P
Jonathan S
Shimon M
Scott R
Alex B
Aaron G
Stewart W
Nathan W
Pax F
Derek J
Old 2 days ago
So.......

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search