The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Your Approach for Submitting Music
Old 25th July 2019
Here for the gear

Your Approach for Submitting Music

Hi! I'm beginning my quest to dive into the world of TV/Ad music placements. I already have a solid album to submit to music libraries that is available for signing right away. I would like to know how you contact these libraries for the best possible chance that they sign me on.

I'm excited to join you guys on this forum. I would love to get to know you.
Old 26th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlegun View Post
Hi! I'm beginning my quest to dive into the world of TV/Ad music placements. I already have a solid album to submit to music libraries that is available for signing right away. I would like to know how you contact these libraries for the best possible chance that they sign me on.
Email or cold call the music libraries.
Old 26th July 2019
Here for the gear

Hey Battlegun - welcome to the journey.

This is what worked for me: go to the websites to find their submission process and follow that exactly. If they don't have that info listed, call them (or you can even start with the phone call). Then prepare (if you already haven't) both an email template and a phone script (both brief) that you can quickly and easily adapt to each library.

And check out other threads on the forum about the various types of deals you'll be offered, ie: exclusive (perpetuity, 3yrs, etc) , non-exclusive, money upfront, etc.

Best of luck placing your CD - let us know how it's going.
Old 26th July 2019
tb4
Here for the gear

Sorry to hijack, but I have a question about submitting.

How long should one wait after submitting, if no answer seems to come?
Old 26th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4 View Post
Sorry to hijack, but I have a question about submitting.

Wait to do what?

Follow up for the submission? Give it a week.

Wait to submit the music to another company? Two milliseconds. Keep submitting the music to places until you get a deal that works for you.
Old 26th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
My approach is usually, but not always, to send an introductory email then follow up two weeks later with a phone call. But I would recommend experimenting with different approaches to see what works best for you. Also, stretch beyond your comfort zone to try those things you might find uncomfortable at first (i.e. call and ask to speak with the owner; approach the library in a unique way, etc).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search