Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music For Picture (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-for-picture/)
-   -   Sync Music Probz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-for-picture/1272359-sync-music-probz.html)

JohnFulford 18th July 2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrichyrich (Post 14101044)
I'm blushing - guys, stop flattering me and derailing the thread :cop:

oh man, what a thread!

musicisfun 18th July 2019 12:51 AM

Ya'll this is entertaining. I'm going to become an accountant

musicisfun 18th July 2019 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohwell (Post 14100605)
Your singing was pretty good by the way. I won't add anything else as you've had so much good advice that I'm not sure if there's anything useful for me to contribute.

Thanks! Currently working on mixing and **** from advice here

ohwell 18th July 2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drBill (Post 14101198)
<delete>

OK....Even though I'm not upset, I'll stop now. :lol:

Sometimes it's hard to convey full meaning in a post, but for sure, I value your posts a lot. Especially the stats you gave on streaming royalties. But that's for another time... :)

ohwell 18th July 2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicisfun (Post 14101400)
Thanks! Currently working on mixing and **** from advice here

Sounds quite simple, but you could also try to get the structure of the song closely resembling the structure of a typical pop song. I do think you 'have something' as well, but I don't believe it would be right for me to say whether you should or shouldn't risk everything so to speak.

youngrichyrich 18th July 2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohwell (Post 14101192)
Remember the trolls enjoy this.. From their failure at x/y/z they are left with only the enjoyment of upsetting others.

I've found the easiest thing to do is simply to block them. Their posts don't appear then. So I'm not entirely sure what he/she is saying, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth our time.

We know instinctively who the people here are that have something interesting to say, and whose participation is helpful. When someone really makes a good living they don't brag about it, for many reasons. That in itself is always an immediate giveaway.

So stop trolling and let's get back to the facts! Stop derailing the thread.

We want to talk about Sync Music Probz. Stay on topic.

I see no probz with sync music. The industry is at an incredibly healthy place atm. I know this from being a titan of this industry and very successful in reaching my dreams.

youngrichyrich 18th July 2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lornemalvo (Post 14101059)

hit & pass, baby, hit & pass

youngrichyrich 18th July 2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drBill (Post 14101052)
So sorry....

$500,000 divided by your 70 writers = $7,142.86 per writer, per year - average!! Smoking!!

Enjoy Lunch!!

Most writers we work with use as as one of several forms of income... pretty easy explanation

Next time you should do a teentsy bit of critical thinking before making yourself look like a fool

Desire Inspires 18th July 2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch (Post 14101022)
Think of it this way... If you are looking to help your friend purchase a new car with a specific purpose in mind... Maybe your friend needs a new daily driving car. And your friend has $50,000 to spend on a new car. Are you going to walk into a Kia dealership and say "i need a new daily driving car, I have $50k to spend. What do you have?" No... you are going to look at what Kia normally sells their sedans for ($15k to $20K) and then say "I have $12,000. What do you have?"

Yes Kia has a $60,000 sedan (the K900)... but would you want to spend $60k on a Kia when you could spend $60k on a a BMW 5 series or an E-class Mercedes?

And then when you walk into the BMW dealership you aren't going to say you have "$12,000"... you are more likely to say you have $40k or $45K and see what the person says..

I don’t know Etch. That Kia Stinger looks pretty sweet. No, it isn’t a BMW. It doesn’t have the same “prestige”. But it looks pretty fun to drive.

https://cdn-motor1-com.cdn.ampprojec...ts-feature.jpg

implant 18th July 2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desire Inspires (Post 14102106)
I don’t know Etch. That Kia Stinger looks pretty sweet. No, it isn’t a BMW. It doesn’t have the same “prestige”. But it looks pretty fun to drive.

https://cdn-motor1-com.cdn.ampprojec...ts-feature.jpg

It looks nice, indeed. But it's not BMW. Hillbillies here have a saying: it doesn't matter where is your wife from, but your dog and a car have to be from Germany...

Desire Inspires 18th July 2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by implant (Post 14102310)
It looks nice, indeed. But it's not BMW. Hillbillies here have a saying: it doesn't matter where is your wife from, but your dog and a car have to be from Germany...

LMAO!

implant 18th July 2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desire Inspires (Post 14102481)
LMAO!

Yeah, Alpha males, Balkan style!