The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone know anything about SyncStories?
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

Anyone know anything about SyncStories?

Title says it. Seems Cassie Lord is gone from 5Alarm and is now running SS as of Jan this year? As high profile as it might become, it seems pretty much on the downlow so far.....

Just signed 3 Albums that are not "live" yet. Soon. It was a long story. Promised back when everything was running thru 5Alarm - pre Ole nightmares.

Things move fast. Looks to have potential, but I'm curious if anyone has dealings with them.

@ Etch-A-Sketch ?? Anyone?

Last edited by drBill; 19th June 2019 at 06:08 AM..
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Head

Pay upfront?
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Title says it. Seems Cassie Lord is gone from 5Alarm and is now running SS as of Jan this year? As high profile as it might become, it seems pretty much on the downlow so far.....

Just signed 3 Albums that are not "live" yet. Soon. It was a long story. Promised back when everything was running thru 5Alarm - pre Ole nightmares.

Things move fast. Looks to have potential, but I'm curious if anyone has dealings with them.

@ Etch-A-Sketch ?? Anyone?
It seems like there is so much consolidation going on in production music. As in Etch's post in the other thread, many libraries are now owned by one of a handful of huge companies.

I wish I could help you but I have not had dealings with SS.

I'm very curious what you mean by the Ole nightmares for 5Alarm. What happened there?!
Old 19th June 2019
I spoke briefly with Cassie at a PMA event last month, and it seemed like she was really looking for “artist” driven material for SyncStories right now.
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaRoom View Post
I spoke briefly with Cassie at a PMA event last month, and it seemed like she was really looking for “artist” driven material for SyncStories right now.
Oh cool!
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrichyrich View Post
Pay upfront?
No, except if the song already generate some royalties. However, if you are a well-established producer, you may certainly negotiate a fee. Also, from my experience, they are quite long to release tracks. Though it doesn't prevent them to pitch your songs, some stuff I've signed with this company are not available after almost a year.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedeal0 View Post
No, except if the song already generate some royalties. However, if you are a well-established producer, you may certainly negotiate a fee. Also, from my experience, they are quite long to release tracks. Though it doesn't prevent them to pitch your songs, some stuff I've signed with this company are not available after almost a year.
That doesn't sound promising. They only pay you something if your tracks are already making money, and some new tracks still aren't released a year after signing..
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
I'm very curious what you mean by the Ole nightmares for 5Alarm. What happened there?!
Oh man!!!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...terview-photos

Robert Ott was a piece of work... I don't know the whole story, I only know it from the people I knew at MusicBox. Others might know more than me. I'll let others chime in here if they know the whole story...
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
Oh man!!!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...terview-photos

Robert Ott was a piece of work... I don't know the whole story, I only know it from the people I knew at MusicBox. Others might know more than me. I'll let others chime in here if they know the whole story...

All I'm willing to say is that accounting and overall direction left....ummm...something to be desired.

So D - any info on SyncStories? Where they've been. Where they are headed?
Old 20th June 2019
Quote:
Nope... this is the first I'm hearing about them.
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
OK. Many thanks! I guess that says something in and of itself.....
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
From my understanding, she decided last minute to open her own shop at the end of 2018. At one point, she was considering a high level job with a smaller (but established) library but decided to go on her own.
Old 21st June 2019
So I looked at the website and heard some music from @ drBill (good stuff by the way).

SyncStories has its own music, but represents other catalogs. I will have to get some music together and see if I could fit it any way.
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
So I looked at the website and heard some music from @ drBill (good stuff by the way).

SyncStories has its own music, but represents other catalogs. I will have to get some music together and see if I could fit it any way.
Thanks DI. Ancient stuff though.....
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
So I looked at the website and heard some music from @ drBill ....
oooh - where???

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search