The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EDM Libraries
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

EDM Libraries

Hello all!

I was wondering is anyone is willing to share good libraries that also focus on EDM kind of music?

I try to make al kind of music but my best of's are electronic modern stuff.

Thank you for the help! :-)
Glenn
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the links! But I was not looking for sample libraries.

Actually I was looking for production music libraries in EDM
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Pretty much every library under the sun
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Hello all!

I was wondering is anyone is willing to share good libraries that also focus on EDM kind of music?

I try to make al kind of music but my best of's are electronic modern stuff.

Thank you for the help! :-)
Glenn
Hey Glenn! I think you should reconsider your strategy.

From what I've seen, outside of trailer, orchestral, and underscore bed stuff, there aren't many genre-specific libraries. Even if there are libraries with an EDM focus, do you understand just how much more competition you would have to deal with? The library would already be pitching thousands of other EDM cues constantly. Unless they give you upfront money (unlikely) then they have no incentive to place your music over the rest of their catalogue. It would be oversaturated with the same genre. Even if they did accept your submission, you are more likely to have your cues collecting dust with the rest.

Libraries that don't specialize in just one style have a better business model. They will (they should) have access to more placement opportunities since their collection is more diverse. Any good library needs every style of music. But the most important thing to remember is: timing is EVERYTHING.

Most legit libraries have album releases in mind well ahead of time and before they even have the music. Best case scenario: you submit to a library exactly when they need fresh *insert genre here* cues. The situation can vary, but for example, maybe they haven't released an EDM album for a year or two and are seeing placements starting to drop for their old EDM cues. If you submit at this near-perfect time, then you absolutely have a better chance of having your cues heard and accepted sooner. Obviously the quality of your music needs to speak for itself, but this is basically a matter of luck - unless you already have a relationship or have an insider within the library.

Regarding which libraries to send to, just do your homework! There's so much info about the licensing world and it's easily google-able. Check the well known agencies and see which libraries they are working with. It's all on their websites! Go to the PMA website and see their members... there's over 40 pages of libraries there! They even have another list of members AND non-members that is over 90 PAGES! Investigate, ask questions, take notes, etc.

My only other word of advice would be to make sure the libraries you end up submitting to have placed (or at least released) EDM in the past. If nothing else, it's an indicator that they accept EDM, or may have before.

Welcome to the licensing world. I'm also pretty new to this part of the industry, but I can practically guarantee you that most members on this part of the forum have done all the library research I've suggested, plus more.

Cheers and good luck!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpal View Post
Hey Glenn! I think you should reconsider your strategy.

From what I've seen, outside of trailer, orchestral, and underscore bed stuff, there aren't many genre-specific libraries. Even if there are libraries with an EDM focus, do you understand just how much more competition you would have to deal with? The library would already be pitching thousands of other EDM cues constantly. Unless they give you upfront money (unlikely) then they have no incentive to place your music over the rest of their catalogue. It would be oversaturated with the same genre. Even if they did accept your submission, you are more likely to have your cues collecting dust with the rest.

Libraries that don't specialize in just one style have a better business model. They will (they should) have access to more placement opportunities since their collection is more diverse. Any good library needs every style of music. But the most important thing to remember is: timing is EVERYTHING.

Most legit libraries have album releases in mind well ahead of time and before they even have the music. Best case scenario: you submit to a library exactly when they need fresh *insert genre here* cues. The situation can vary, but for example, maybe they haven't released an EDM album for a year or two and are seeing placements starting to drop for their old EDM cues. If you submit at this near-perfect time, then you absolutely have a better chance of having your cues heard and accepted sooner. Obviously the quality of your music needs to speak for itself, but this is basically a matter of luck - unless you already have a relationship or have an insider within the library.

Regarding which libraries to send to, just do your homework! There's so much info about the licensing world and it's easily google-able. Check the well known agencies and see which libraries they are working with. It's all on their websites! Go to the PMA website and see their members... there's over 40 pages of libraries there! They even have another list of members AND non-members that is over 90 PAGES! Investigate, ask questions, take notes, etc.

My only other word of advice would be to make sure the libraries you end up submitting to have placed (or at least released) EDM in the past. If nothing else, it's an indicator that they accept EDM, or may have before.

Welcome to the licensing world. I'm also pretty new to this part of the industry, but I can practically guarantee you that most members on this part of the forum have done all the library research I've suggested, plus more.

Cheers and good luck!
Some good tips in here. I have done a lot of research the last 8 months. And luckily I have sales on some RF markets even with a low amount of que's. But I want to explore sync licensing part also to see how that works and see what wil fit me best.

And I guess your right there is no genre specific library. I have seen some libraries that are acoustic based so I thought maybe there are some the other way around
I know asking this was a long shot in a way. I think I have to treat this music as all other music.

Thanks soundpal!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search