The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The most interesting royalty free music Library
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

The most interesting royalty free music Library

Hey Gearslutz reader.

Thinking of royalty music tends to make one see a ukelele with a happy chap whistling along... La La La
This was the exact image I became tired of so I started to create the only royalty free music site specializing in retro music

Based in Stockholm, Sweden. Pyramidtracks.com is the first stock music site to offer a niche catalog of retro music.
Such genres include:
  • Synthwave
  • Lo-Fi
  • Psychedelic
  • 60s
  • Indie
  • Soundtracks...

We also offer a few other tracks in different genres if they have a particularly special character.

I know people on this forum may appreciate a more specialized catalog of music that can cater to many different media.

I would love any feedback from you guys and also we are always looking for new artists.

a lotks alot for reading and be sure to check out the catalog.

The Best Retro Royalty Free Music Library | Pyramid Tracks
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
When you say retro, what do you mean? I ask becuse I couldn't find any retro ones on your site at all!

Maybe I don't understand the modern understanding of retro.

Hi,

I can understand the confusion. The term retro does tend to flex somewhat during different periods.
For Pyramid Tracks we use the term retro as any sound that reflects a past musical movement or era in some way. Also more a lean toward countercultures.
We are trying to find a term that explains the catalog more succinctly

Hope that makes it more clear for you!

Thanks
Old 17th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramidtracks View Post
Hi,

I can understand the confusion. The term retro does tend to flex somewhat during different periods.
For Pyramid Tracks we use the term retro as any sound that reflects a past musical movement or era in some way. Also more a lean toward countercultures.
We are trying to find a term that explains the catalog more succinctly

Hope that makes it more clear for you!

Thanks
Ah! I just deleted my post actually cos I didn't read your original post properly!

I see you are applying it to lots of genres.

TBH, in library music, retro does kinda mean retro though. A client who wants retro, wants retro - as in the genre/sound I detailed in my deleted post.

Good luck with it tho!!
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ah! I just deleted my post actually cos I didn't read your original post properly!

I see you are applying it to lots of genres.

TBH, in library music, retro does kinda mean retro though. A client who wants retro, wants retro - as in the genre/sound I detailed in my deleted post.

Good luck with it tho!!
Thanks alot for the feedback and good will!
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

Hey thanks for posting this, checking out the site now..

What's your budget?
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Hey thanks for posting this, checking out the site now..

What's your budget?
Apologies for the delay John I just seen this now.
I am not sure what you mean regarding budget?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

So you charge your clients $99.00 to use a track in a national ad campaign?

Very interesting. A national TV ad can get a composer $50,000 - $100,000.

Are your composers going to receive part of that $99.00 for a national ad?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hey everyone! I also created a copyright free and royalty free music site - www.tnsounddesign.com would love to hear your thoughts!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom35 View Post
Hey everyone! I also created a copyright free and royalty free music site - www.tnsounddesign.com would love to hear your thoughts!
My first thought was "whoooopeee another music library!"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Tom,

So do composers give up their PRO income if one of your tracks goes to broadcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom35 View Post
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Nobody is gonna use that site. For a variety of reasons. i.e. I typed in one of the most common search terms and nothing came up.

Also the name is terrible and it doesn't match the domain name anyway.

The categorization is dreadful.

The music is really bad - i.e. First Date is awful but made worse by vinyl scratching - which is a really big no no.

I would have a serious rethink.

Sorry for being frank but probably best that someone does it at this stage rather than when you've invested time and money.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Lorne,

Sometimes honesty is the only factor that matters.

Really. Who would advertise a library on a forum for composers where there is no PRO income?

I suppose there could be some newbies that would sign up for that.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I think alot of the people starting up music libraries now don't know what a PRO is. Certainly seems that way.

The thinking seems to be: 'I have a few spare tunes. I'll start a music library'.

Which is as misguided as: 'I have a fiat punto. I will be a formula 1 driver'.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I think alot of the people starting up music libraries now don't know what a PRO is. Certainly seems that way.

The thinking seems to be: 'I have a few spare tunes. I'll start a music library'.

This is all very relevant.

More interestingly than that even, not only do they not know what a PRO is, they don't understand the concept.

And even beyond that, there is a deep misunderstanding in music written specifically for media use (in most cases mostly TV, but some gets in to film) about distribution. Distribution is the most important part of all of it. Without that, not much will happen, even if you're Beethoven.

Writing music for say TV, is almost a science. I would say, do a lot of research. Get good at listening to examples on exclusive library sites and try to stay away from RF if possible. Get a good publisher who has good worldwide sub-publishers (i.e. distribution) and they will tell you which genre they need.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Yikes, you just perfectly described the idiotic me of 10 years ago!
Seriously Tom, look into legit libraries and the content they release and aim to write for them, because (speaking from experience) it's not it gonna happen from your own site. Even if you do make some sales NO ONE will pay attention to the license conditions you've set
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsherP View Post
Yikes, you just perfectly described the idiotic me of 10 years ago!
Seriously Tom, look into legit libraries and the content they release and aim to write for them, because (speaking from experience) it's not it gonna happen from your own site. Even if you do make some sales NO ONE will pay attention to the license conditions you've set
Damn, why you have to kill that man’s dream like that?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Damn, why you have to kill that man’s dream like that?
Ha! He can disregard my advice if he likes
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

It's almost as bad as www.qualityfreemusic.com

I am wondering if Tom is also having a joke with us

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search