The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
COMPOSERS: DO NOT USE SPLICE [Public Service Announcement]
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
I've had a composer turn in a track before where the entire main 4 bar acoustic guitar riff was from an Otmar Leibert album. But Otmar is kind of new age/smooth jazz and this track the composer made was more hiphop/urban. When I figured it out and called the composer out on it, he literally said "wow man, I am shocked you caught that. I didn't think anyone would know that track. How did you know that song? You must be some kind of music encyclopedia or something?!!? Damn, well... ok... I'll swap out that guitar with something else..."

Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
exactly.

Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Wow.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Here’s a real world example of the ****storm headache that can happen with sample libraries. This is a potential scenario that I think has been mentioned earlier, but is now playing out... it can bite you in the ass.

Beware When Using Sample Libraries
This is absolutely unbelievable and I am 100% convinced of not using samples, other than from clearly reputable places like Heavyocity, like their product Damage for example which I do trust completely.

W.A Production. I just cannot believe how negligent this is. This must be a nightmare. Everyone needs to know about this!
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

More Info

Quote:
this is a great real world example of what I'm talking about...

but in this example, WA Productions is the owner of the infringing material and has to resolve the problem with the product and financially compensate Extreme for the violation.

The way splice is different... they say they aren't responsible for anything and give the contact info they have for the content creator over to the lawyer. So there is never any incentive for Splice themselves to police and do a "deep dive" check on the product they are selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
This is absolutely unbelievable and I am 100% convinced of not using samples, other than from clearly reputable places like Heavyocity, like their product Damage for example which I do trust completely.

W.A Production. I just cannot believe how negligent this is. This must be a nightmare. Everyone needs to know about this!

To anyone who read the original legal letter I posted over at Soundloop and didn't think that could happen with Splice, you should probably read this.

Old 7 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
To anyone who read the original legal letter I posted over at Soundloop and didn't think that could happen with Splice, you should probably read this.

Yup... great post! this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about...

Now anyone who downloaded these construction kits through Splice and used them for music library tracks, has to go back to the libraries and tell them they have to pull the tracks because they contain illegal samples from a competing music library. Doh!

Do you know if WA Productions' stuff shows up under Splice Community or under Splice Sounds?
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup... great post! this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about...

Now anyone who downloaded these construction kits through Splice and used them for music library tracks, has to go back to the libraries and tell them they have to pull the tracks because they contain illegal samples from a competing music library. Doh!

Do you know if WA Productions' stuff shows up under Splice Community or under Splice Sounds?
I believe all samples are under Splice's sounds section. From what I understand, the community aspect is just pertaining to "Splicing" other people's projects, contests, and profile pages, etc.

I don't know if WA has pulled out of Splice completely, or just pulled those samples. I'm not seeing them listed as a content partner, so I'm not sure...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search