The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Songs Modulation Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
  #31
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Man....I ALWAYS have to do what they say!!! What's your secret???
You're not wrong
Old 4 weeks ago
  #32
Gear Head
 

Congratulation for winning Gearslutz's Troll Award 2018 man. Brilliant thread.

Old 4 weeks ago
  #33
Gear Head
 

I am no troll, man. In fact, you people are trolling me, and I even got banned, and they took my threads... for no reason. Am I not allowed to state my opinion? This website is worse than the idea of equality
Old 4 weeks ago
  #34
Gear Nut
 
currentstatus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
I am no troll, man. In fact, you people are trolling me, and I even got banned, and they took my threads... for no reason. Am I not allowed to state my opinion? This website is worse than the idea of equality
Yes but you're a bit vague.. man. Sound like a troll.. do you see.
People like subjective convo.. you're talking a bit riddle like.

Is your head stuck in a riddle.. is that what's going?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #35
Gear Addict
 
clump's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
I am no troll, man. In fact, you people are trolling me, and I even got banned, and they took my threads... for no reason. Am I not allowed to state my opinion? This website is worse than the idea of equality
What opinion?

You don't have an opinion....and you claim you don't understand what anybody is talking about.

You are dismissive or rude to those on this thread who, despite your vague ramblings, have taken the time to reach out and engage with you.

You started another thread entitled "writing" which is exactly the same nonsensical bull**** as this one.

If you're "no troll man" then you are 12 years old.....either way you shouldn't be on here.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #36
Gear Head
 

Basically, I am a musician, that is why I am on here. I cannot help it that I do not fit in your neat little pigeonholes. I am just trying to introduce some new ideas, in fact
Old 4 weeks ago
  #37
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentstatus View Post
Is your head stuck in a riddle.. is that what's going?
That is very funny, dude.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #38
Gear Head
 

great first 20 posts (do you remember i congratulated you on your first 6 posts on a deleted thread you started?) maybe im the troll....
Old 4 weeks ago
  #39
Gear Nut
 
currentstatus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
Basically, I am a musician, that is why I am on here. I cannot help it that I do not fit in your neat little pigeonholes. I am just trying to introduce some new ideas, in fact
Well.. in fact.. I think therefore you are a musician and probably not a troll.
How about posting some examples of your songs.. with all due respect.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #40
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentstatus View Post
therefore you are a musician (...) some examples of your songs.. with all due respect.
All right:

I don't have any. All I have made, is too bad too share. Sorry
Old 4 weeks ago
  #41
Gear Nut
 
currentstatus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
All right:

I don't have any. All I have made, is too bad too share. Sorry

I think that just about raps it up ladies and gents... TROLL !!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #42
Gear Head
 

please, just leave me alone
Old 4 weeks ago
  #43
Gear Maniac
 
Dale Turner's Avatar
 

Old 4 weeks ago
  #44
Gear Head
 

What is that?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #45
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
You started another thread entitled "writing" which is exactly the same nonsensical bull**** as this one.
Well, did you even read it?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #46
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Every now and then it's there. I see it. I see you too.

When will solitude be available to the masses?

When will the timeless wonder of the season embrace us all?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #47
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Every now and then it's there. I see it. I see you too.

When will solitude be available to the masses?

When will the timeless wonder of the season embrace us all?
I am the loneliest man in the world
Old 4 weeks ago
  #48
Gear Nut
 
currentstatus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
I am the loneliest man in the world
Lonely guy :( Good film.. go and watch that.. it'll cheer you up.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #49
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentstatus View Post
Lonely guy :( Good film.. go and watch that.. it'll cheer you up.
I am not sad at all. Foolish man, you really think I want to talk to you?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #50
Gear Head
 

Don't worry, I don't think you're foolish
Old 4 weeks ago
  #51
Gear Maniac
 
Evil Jack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
Don't know, seems a little unbalanced

I don't do anything. I just try and so
Well... especially for songs with lyrics... I've found it's best to pick a target and start trying to write for it. You'll get a lot more crap ideas that you throw out before creating the good ones... but when you are done you have something that really fits a certain type of use or style well.

The other big thing for songs when writing them for licensing in TV/Film is to make sure you don't get TOOO specific with the lyrics. You have no idea how they are going to get used, so you have to come up with something that is catchy but is still vague enough that it could apply to multiple situations. the more specific you get with the lyrics, the smaller the pool of potential licenses are. The more broad and general the lyrics are, the wider the pool of potential licenses are.

So it's a fine line... if you get too general then it just doesn't make sense for the target use you are going after. If you make it too specific then it gets hard to use it for anything other than one or two specific uses.

I always use this song as an example. this is an album I worked on but I didn't write this song... the songwriter just did a phenomenal job though nailing that not to specific and not to general while still keeping it catchy thing...

Top Charts 2: Indie Rock

Listen to Track #2 "Here Comes Trouble". That song has been licensed a TON and has had a really wide variety of uses.

It could apply to a relationship or potential relationship, it could refer to a badass character or an outlaw, it could work for a maverick type persona or some product that defies the norm and breaks all the rules.

When writing songs for TV/Film, that is the holy grail. Writing a song that works for everything. It's like Royal Deluxe's "I'm Gonna Do My Thing" and "Wanted Man" or The Heavy's "How You Like Me Now?" or Welshly Arms' "Legendary".
Etch - it wasn't a total waste of time you writing this.
I liked the track, and found it very inspiring.
Distorted Hammond?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
qdagamer / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
4
dylansmale / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
0

Forum Jump
Forum Jump