The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trailer music work.
Old 7th September 2018
Here for the gear

Trailer music work.

Hi. Friends, does anyone have any experience working in the Really slow motion or Audiomachine and others. Share please experience. How did you get into these companies? How and why did they invite you? How do you work there? And is it possible to make good money there? I think many will be interested.
Old 7th September 2018
Lives for gear

Oy.
Old 7th September 2018
Here for the gear

What the oy. What if more specific?
Old 13th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlidar View Post
What the oy. What if more specific?
I think he said that because those companies are VERY picky and selective and a lot of the big releases are actually written by the owners (just look at how many tracks Audiomachine owner Paul Dinletir has in the Audiomachine catalog).

Also, these types of companies don't do that many albums per year. Maybe a couple... maybe a handful. So the opportunities to write for them are not plentiful. So the music and production you are doing just has to be so undeniably incredible that it really stands out from whatever hundreds or thousands of tracks they hear from potential composers day in and day out.

Also, composer for these types of companies can usually get to them by referral. Someone already writing for them cowrites with someone new or recommends someone new.

Is the good money? Of course there is! otherwise the company wouldn't still be in business and composers wouldn't still be writing for them. But just like anything, there is good money if you are writing something that is really useful. More often than not, if you are doing really amazing work already, these types of companies will find you through other people you are already working with.
Old 13th September 2018
First, do some researching that if your music would be a fit to their catalog and then just send an email kindly asking if you could send some music to them and they may answer. If they don´t reply, send another one after couple of weeks reminding and if no answer, forget it.
I got one of my "dream came true"-moment in that way.
Another contact I got via my collaborator and now currently working on trailer-album.
I don´t know if my music is "outstanding", but I know it has some good elements and pretty good quality lol.

Cannot say anything about the money, since I have just got some advance (recoupable) and the album is still in the works.
Old 17th September 2018
Here for the gear

Yes, I agree that the work should be exceptional, the competition is very high. I thought that anyone who had experience with these companies to share their experience. For example, the "blakus" who works with the really slow motion, told me that they came to him and offered cooperation. Another person who also works with them, said that he sent them his track and they asked him to work.
Old 18th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlidar View Post
Yes, I agree that the work should be exceptional, the competition is very high. I thought that anyone who had experience with these companies to share their experience. For example, the "blakus" who works with the really slow motion, told me that they came to him and offered cooperation. Another person who also works with them, said that he sent them his track and they asked him to work.
So you already know people who work with those companies. Keep talking to those people to get more information. You have to do the work to get the reward.

Did you compare your music to the people who have music with those companies? Is your music as good or better? What are you doing to work and to make yourself better?

You cannot sit back and wait for people to tell you all of the secrets. Please apply yourself and work hard to be better.
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Maniac

hey OP those 2 labels happen to be 2 of the biggest and most successful trailer labels in the trailer industry. you dont only have to aim for them. there are alot of other smaller trailer labels out there that might be better for you if you are only starting out. i happen to work for one of the two you mentioned and there really is no secret to it. how i done it, i worked daaaaaammmmmmmm hard on my craft for the last few years and got up to the level were they took some notice. it really is as simple as that and i wasn't some mozart doing music from the age of 5 in fact i only started writing cinematic music less than 4 years ago. if you can make great music as good or better than what they already have then they will be in touch. best of luck on your journey and always dream big
Old 15th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymc View Post
i worked daaaaaammmmmmmm hard on my craft for the last few years and got up to the level were they took some notice.
Hey DannyMC,
May I ask when you first started working with one of these companies, how much time did it take you before you started seeing placements? Was it quick, was it a long wait because of the limited album release schedule? Thanks!
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearside View Post
Hey DannyMC,
May I ask when you first started working with one of these companies, how much time did it take you before you started seeing placements? Was it quick, was it a long wait because of the limited album release schedule? Thanks!
hey clearside, PM me, we can chat there.
Old 10th August 2020
Here for the gear

I got a small trailer company interested in some of my work. It's a legit long term running company. The only thing is they have placements on their site saying who hired them but the vids are brand x trailer music.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear