The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Licensequote alternatives?
Old 7th August 2018
Here for the gear

Licensequote alternatives?

I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting their doors.

Anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDatkinson View Post
I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting their doors.

Anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?
SourceAudio - The search and distribution platform for music licensing
Old 8th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Hey - do these things actually work? Assuming your music is good enough, can you do ok with these types of companies? Do you need to do alot of legwork once you are set up, and hustle, or just keep writing and adding to your catalog?

Thanks!
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbinti View Post
Hey - do these things actually work? Assuming your music is good enough, can you do ok with these types of companies? Do you need to do alot of legwork once you are set up, and hustle, or just keep writing and adding to your catalog?

Thanks!
SourceAudio will host, distribute, act as storefront/shopping cart, and add search and tracking capability to your catalog. They do not market you or proactively sell your music. You can sign up (for a fee) for some of their distribution deals they've made... I think they have some stuff in place with Clear Channel. They can also track your music via YouTube Content ID.

So, no, you can't just add music and hope people somehow find your site. Well, I guess you can hope.
Old 17th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:

Does anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?

Really sad news.. I've been working with LQ for 2 years now and it was amazing!
(AGsoundtrax-Stock Music Library)

Thinking of switching to Sourcaudio but there is no way to make watermarked audio files for preview downloading and also there isn't any way to embed their platform into your website which is really bad cause I dont really like their UI/design front page..

have anyone tried Tuen bud?
Old 18th August 2018
Here for the gear

I am considering Tune Bud as a possibility. Not sure.
SA is a little too rich for me at this point.
Old 19th August 2018
Quote:
I am considering Tune Bud as a possibility. Not sure.
SA is a little too rich for me at this point.
yeah, go with tunebud.
Old 19th August 2018
Here for the gear

Nope. Went through most of their site today. Links that didn't make sense /work. Can't provide zip files to clients. Embedding in my current website could be a problem. Not feeling good about them. Sent my signup info in this morning, still no response. I am going to say they are out.

I am thinking of trying a new approach to my personal website.
Old 3rd January 2019
Here for the gear

You could also try out Synchtank - Software to manage and monetize your music assets which allows you to license your tracks directly. They also have a cheaper version of the platform for smaller companies/musicians at Soundgizmo. Hope that helps.
Old 29th January 2019
Here for the gear

I have sourceaudio its feature rich, but you have to spend 49 a month for commerce. and you have to get traffic to your site.
I have been trying ti get tunebud to work but they cant seem to get a simple subdomain to work.
i heard LQ is not dead yet maybe hope!
Old 5th February 2019
Here for the gear

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I wanted to let you know that LicenseQuote is back to business as usual. We had a rough patch last summer, but following some restructuring and partnerships, it's full steam ahead now.

Best Regards,
Mike Long
LicenseQuote.com
Old 5th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelong View Post
Hey Guys (and Gals),

I wanted to let you know that LicenseQuote is back to business as usual. We had a rough patch last summer, but following some restructuring and partnerships, it's full steam ahead now.

Best Regards,
Mike Long
LicenseQuote.com

What improvements have been made to benefit the composers?
Old 29th October 2019
Here for the gear

Decided to sign up and give the new tune bud a go. It really looks the business, will keep you posted on progress. So far so good.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search