The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neighboring Rights
Old 23rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
Was a lot of that from Czech Republic?!

And also, whichever of the two countries (CR / Italy) it was from, have you previously received correspondingly significant PRO payouts from that country)? I only ask as I'm trying to figure out which countries to pay special attention to when chasing down neighboring rights royalties..
Almost all CR and, without looking, it's probably about the same or more than I've ever seen from the Czech PRO. If they can truly take this global... it's gonna be good.
Old 23rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Dunno. I imagine the Czech thing was as retroactive as was possible since that would be ground zero for NRG.
Does the statement not tell you what's what?
Old 23rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Does the statement not tell you what's what?
Shows a country by country breakdown as far as money goes. The only dates are just the current distribution period. Not a lot of detail, no. I would imagine that until they have a database that can talk with whatever software the collection agencies in each country are using, this is just how it is.
Old 23rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Nice. Was that for one year, half, or a quarter?
Sorry, I see what you're asking now. This was a half year payout, but those monies may have included retroactive payments, so I'm not expecting that much per distribution.
Old 23rd August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Almost all CR and, without looking, it's probably about the same or more than I've ever seen from the Czech PRO. If they can truly take this global... it's gonna be good.
But wait, just for clarity - you aren't saying that this NR distribution was even close to your cumulative total PRO earnings from CR, right?

That would be extraordinary and quite strange!
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
But wait, just for clarity - you aren't saying that this NR distribution was even close to your cumulative total PRO earnings from CR, right?

That would be extraordinary and quite strange!
I don't know without going back and sorting through international statements for however many years NRG has been able to collect on. It does seem like a good amount of money compared to what I've seen from CR via ASCAP, yes. I don't think there is any connection between whoever is collecting performance royalties and the entity collecting neighboring rights. Unless NRG is going back and looking at PRO statements, which they might be... I don't know.

Point is, it's real money. And NRG got it for me. Where there was nothing, now I could buy a used Honda.
Old 29th August 2019
Here for the gear

Hey, very interesting readin, 6 pages of it.
Just got an email from NRG, sent my repsonse asking for some more info, then find this.
Thanks everybody.

Anybody can develop on why choosing territories and different societies for this? I mean I've been using have 2 PRO in different territories for many years now, but would rather simplify when choosing one for my producer's NR.

Any idea about, for instance NRG Vs Rident?

Cheers
Old 17th October 2019
Here for the gear
PPL

This may be a silly question, but as a composer, should you be registered with PPL to collect your UK performance royalties from your own published compositions (if you performer on your own pieces)? I'd never thought of this until receiving income from Neighboring Rights.
Old 17th October 2019
Mrx
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawglee View Post
This may be a silly question, but as a composer, should you be registered with PPL to collect your UK performance royalties from your own published compositions (if you performer on your own pieces)? I'd never thought of this until receiving income from Neighboring Rights.
I spoke to PPL about this and they said they don't collect performance royalties for production music.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawglee View Post
PPL doesn't represent performance royalties in the UK, PRS does. You need to join PRS to collect performance royalties.
Old 4 weeks ago
Mrx
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
PPL doesn't represent performance royalties in the UK, PRS does. You need to join PRS to collect performance royalties.
Although I know what you mean, in the context of the question that's not completely correct. PPL represent performances by musicians meaning someone who plays a guitar part on a hit record will receive royalties for their performance on that record.
They don't however represent musician performances on library music (I've forgotten why) which I think is what the OP meant. For that reason some of us have signed up with a certain Eastern European agency who shall remain nameless.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search