The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
From a Composer's perspective - how important is it..... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
What a great environment to work in. Sophisticated and simplistic at the same time.

After testing literally hundreds of software emulations the only ones which truly generates this analog vibe in software land are the processors from Acustica Audio. In my opinion, of cause.

Have you tried them and if yes what's your experience with them?

Thanks.
Thanks man. I feel blessed to have the place....

I have not tried the Acustica plugs. I was interested in the DWFearn EQ, but now that I've got the Miad (hardware) EQ's, that has kind of scratched the EQ itch. They are the finest full featured EQ's I've ever owned / used.

But at some point, yeah, I need to try the Acustica stuff. Thanks for the tip.
Old 9th September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Is the general trend to be trimming and DOWNSIZING?

Or are you guys in an upward trajectory - adding more PHYSICAL gear to the arsenal?
Bit of entropy maybe. For years I was all about more gear - floor-to-ceiling rack of rackmount PCs for external sample library playback, a rack full of interfaces and snakes of digital audio cables, 8 computer monitors, goes on and on.

Then I was all about trimming down through the years that computing power was really taking off and becoming cheap - went down to a single computer, single interface, etc.

Now it's on the swing back to a studio full of gear and rooms full of instruments. I think I got tired of everything sounding the same originating from inside the box. Added several racks of preamps, analog processing and summing, cabinet full of top-shelf mics, a bunch of instruments.

Dunno. I think the important thing is to never stay static and always try/learn new things. Is more gear better? Not really. The right gear is better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search