The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Expanding Music Library for Sync Platform Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 17th February 2018
Here for the gear

Expanding Music Library for Sync Platform

Hi there,

I represent TubeTunes, a platform to integrate video creators with music creators. We're looking to expand our music library in the lead up to our official launch and I wanted to give a shout out to artists who may be interested. All genres are accepted but artists / writers must own 100% of copyright.

For more information and to submit music, please visit: TubeTunes - Fresh tunes for online video content.

Thanks for your time.

-Michael.
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Why is their a submit fee ???
Old 17th February 2018
Gear Nut

Yet another example of the 'submit fee' being the business model.

Will it ever end.
Old 17th February 2018
Gear Maniac

So let me get this straight. You want music creators pay you a fee to submit, so that you and the video creators can make money from their music? Who in their right mind would agree to that? You've got your business model a little backwards. You need to be paying the composer for the right to use their music AND split the profits with them. So it makes me wonder, do business people sit around thinking "how can we screw over the composers more today, and make even more money?" It sure seems like it.
Old 17th February 2018
From the website:

“What's the deal?

TubeTunes supplies material to partnered video content creators for free, on the basis that they agree to promote featured artists and tracks. Music creators who wish to submit material to TubeTunes for consideration pay a small review fee per track. If approved, artists agree to license selected tracks to the TubeTunes library. Revenue earned from placed tracks is split between TubeTunes, music creators and video creators.”

Ooooh, where do I sign up?!?
Old 18th February 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeTunes View Post
Thanks for your time.

-Michael.

No thanks. Figure out your business model, change it for the composers benefit and check back.
Old 18th February 2018
Gear Nut

Video content creators agree to include in-video captions of the featured artists' names and track titles, and / or download and streaming links to the tracks in the description of each video.

Ah yes. I can see that happening.

I like how the 'about' section doesn't actually give any clues as to who is behind the venture. Could be a major corporation or some dude from his bedroom (I'd go with the latter). Is it somebody with a track record or just some chancer trying to make money from the submit fee model? Who knows! But they expect people to send in tracks and fees to a faceless, anonymous website. Incredible. Also, it doesn't say if the submit fee is refundable if your tracks aren't accepted.

This ill-conceived business idea has zero chance of even starting imo (they didn't even get the dot com!).

Oooh, like the link to 'free website tools' - very professional that.
Old 19th February 2018
Gear Addict

Wow. You mean I have to pay to give away my music? What a weird world this is becoming.
Old 19th February 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
Could be a major corporation or some dude from his bedroom (I'd go with the latter).
I also think the latter, considering the submit form on the website is from a "Free Website Tools" site using their Free Forever plan, rather than upgrading to the $7.19/mth level at which point they could remove the co-branding. Also the website was registered only a week ago. Kudos for bootstrapping this as lean as possible, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
"Video content creators agree to include in-video captions of the featured artists' names and track titles..."

Ah yes. I can see that happening.
I have actually wondered about that. For a while the Channel 10 TV network in Australia would show a little CD symbol in the bottom corner of the screen during commercials for their shows, displaying the name of the song & artist of the track playing in the background. I guess one of the sync libraries in Australia must have had that as an optional licensing clause for a while.
Old 19th February 2018
Gear Addict

It seems to me the critical flaw is that nowadays there is almost no money in sales and more in potential sync fees. The thinking is upside down. But I suppose as vanity publishing it might have some appeal and perhaps a major band might find it worthwhile. But pay to submit? Even if it were free if it turns out to work the sync market will go into meltdown. Or this is how my sums come out.
Old 19th February 2018
Gear Head

Submission fee is immediate “NO!”
Old 19th February 2018
Gear Guru

Wait!!! It gets better....

The way I read it, after you pay your submission fee, if you are accepted, any sync fees get split THREE ways - between composer, tubetunes AND the video owner. If accepted then you have to agree to the terms before seeing a contract. Fantastic!

"Music creators who wish to submit material to TubeTunes for consideration pay a small review fee. If approved, artists agree to license selected tracks to the TubeTunes library. Revenue earned from placed tracks is split between TubeTunes, music creators and video creators."

First, I'll assume "music creators" and "artists" are the same person, and that "tracks" and "music" are the same. Seems TubeTunes needs an attorney to straighten stuff out but I guess if you can't even afford a paid website, you probably can't afford an attorney to explain the business angles to you either.....isn't the video owner supposed to be the one PAYING the sync fee instead of getting a piece of it?

As a submitter of music, you must agree to their terms before knowing the split, knowing the submission fee, or seeing a real contract?

This is the epitome of desperation in the sync industry guys. Anyone who takes this deal is seriously mis-informed, ignorant of the realities of the biz, or desperate beyond belief.
Old 20th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeTunes View Post
Hi there,

I represent TubeTunes, a platform to integrate video creators with music creators. We're looking to expand our music library in the lead up to our official launch and I wanted to give a shout out to artists who may be interested. All genres are accepted but artists / writers must own 100% of copyright.

For more information and to submit music, please visit: TubeTunes - Fresh tunes for online video content.

Thanks for your time.

-Michael.
This is as bad as it gets.. Michael wants $5 to submit your info.. and then he's going to try and sell your music to YouTubers for peanuts !!

It's amazing how many idiots there are who consistantly try and bottom feed from the industry.. sad! And to think that they waste their time and lives on pathetic ideas.. just insane!

Haven't you got anything better to do Michael.. whatever your name is?
Old 20th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentstatus View Post
This is as bad as it gets.. Michael wants $5 to submit your info.. and then he's going to try and sell your music to YouTubers for peanuts !!

It's amazing how many idiots there are who consistantly try and bottom feed from the industry.. sad! And to think that they waste their time and lives on pathetic ideas.. just insane!

Haven't you got anything better to do Michael.. whatever your name is?
Michael daren't put his name or bio on the 'about us' page. That's how proud he is of his little leeching project.
Old 20th February 2018
Lives for gear
AHAHAHA!

This guy has a submit fee?!

Let me offer anyone who even considered this some free advice, from someone who makes money doing this....

The Library/Company I work for get cue orders from production houses, that means we get PAID for delivering the cues that have been ordered, on time and on spec. Whether those cues get used or not. And they all end up getting used.

That's what legitimate business looks like, they want me to compose music? There is front end and backend. I do the work that has been asked for and am paid for it.

YOU DON'T F**KING WELL PAY SOMEONE SO YOU CAN WORK FOR THEM, THAT'S B.S

To further simplify: If I order a pizza, do I charge the delivery guy and tell him he should be grateful for an opportunity to gain experience and make contacts in the Pizza delivery world?

No, don't get sucked into this crap. If no one in the music business wants to pay you to make music, then make your money elsewhere, DO NOT BEND OVER, JUST SO YOU GET TO "PLAY MUSIC BUSINESS"

If no one is willing to pay, make music and stockpile it until someone IS willing to pay, content creators need to stop giving stuff away, or even worse PAYING SOMEONE ELSE SO YOU CAN ONE DAY GET PAID?!?!?

The more people fall for this kind of crap, the more devalued music becomes, if you want to be worth something than ACT LIKE YOU'RE WORTH SOMETHING.
Old 20th February 2018
Lives for gear
Hey OP,

You owe me a $10,000 consulting fee for reading your post.

As your consultant, my professional opinion is that you are full of s**t

Consider this your invoice,
Old 20th February 2018
Gear Maniac

The saddest part about this is that people are going to sign up for it.

Hmm, how much would it cost me to send them a hard drive of my material so they can use it for free? Bulk discount?
Old 20th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Scott View Post
The saddest part about this is that people are going to sign up for it.

Hmm, how much would it cost me to send them a hard drive of my material so they can use it for free? Bulk discount?
Do it!

I think I might do the same thing. I have a bunch of older cues sitting around that could bring in a few pennies here and there.
Old 20th February 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Do it!

I think I might do the same thing. I have a bunch of older cues sitting around that could bring in a few pennies here and there.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search