The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
"Music Wanted" libraries like Songtradr/Taxi, etc?
Old 30th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
Ah, the old 'if someone can afford to do something silly let them do it' argument.

Awesome post D.I.

Happy New Year.
Happy New Year!
Old 1st January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecho View Post
I have my music with a licensing company that pays $2k-20+ and beyond (non-exclusive)... I signed up for songtrader just now to see what it's like. It reminds me of SonicBids which was kinds of a miss for me, but that was 10 years ago... doubt SongTrader's budget will be anywhere above a few hundred but for the sake of research and transparency, I will keep you guys posted!

EDIT: you can set your pricing...

Recommended settings gets you

Advertising All Media
(Perpetuity/World)
US$9,999.00
Advertising Online
(Perpetuity/World)
US$499.00
Advertising Radio & Online
(Perpetuity/World)
US$999.00
App
(All Media/Perpetuity/World)
US$299.00
AR/VR
US$999.00
Cable TV
(All Media excl. Theatrical/Perpetuity/World)
US$899.00
Film
(All Media/Perpetuity/World/Film Budget > US$10m)
US$3,999.00
Film Trailer
US$4,999.00
Network TV/OTT
(All Media excl. Theatrical/Perpetuity/World)
US$1,549.00
TV Promo
US$299.00
Video Game
US$1,999.00
Video Game Trailer
US$1,999.00
Thank you for posting this information!!! I have been wondering about some of these services and how they work. I have opted to not sell beats online, but am looking for alternative ways to make money from my music. This has pointed me into a direction that feels more comfortable than dumping my music out and not really being able to track things. I still need to wrap my head around how the licensing works... but this is a definitive start for my research. Thank you!!!
Old 2nd January 2019
Gear Maniac

Of course they have a commission. I meant I didn't pay a dime for their subscription model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Scott View Post
I threw about 10 tracks into Songtradr for an experiment since it was Non-exclusive and I had the songs laying around on my hard drive.

They already licensed 3 of my tracks. I don't pay them a dime.

You do, actually, as they take a commission % off the sync fee.
They just don't charge to upload or submit.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Still waiting on payment on my placements via Songtradr (90 days after they said it would take.)

Apparently it should hit the account tomorrow. We shall see.

If not then I have a hell of a testimony/theory on their business model to share..pretty brilliant actually..
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Still waiting on payment on my placements via Songtradr (90 days after they said it would take.)

If not then I have a hell of a testimony/theory on their business model to share..pretty brilliant actually..
Old 2nd March 2019
Here for the gear

My Cat,is opening a site...buy credits for a track that sounds like nirvana,she doesnt have a film placement for your song,but hey just pay up in case ...
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

So just let me get this right. The number of people who have received any earnings off songtradr on this thread can be counted on the fingers of one finger?
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

I'm using songtradr fwiw
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I'm using songtradr fwiw
Have you earnt anything?
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have you earnt anything?
No, ya shoulda seen me though!
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
No, ya shoulda seen me though!
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
So just let me get this right. The number of people who have received any earnings off songtradr on this thread can be counted on the fingers of one finger?
I've earned a whopping $247.24 since I started with them 3rd qtr of 2017. With that being said, about half of that is from the distribution they offer. I threw a few of my tracks into their distribution to see how quickly they could get to streaming services.
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Distrokid is excellent for establishing online presence. Too bad no one will ever see a red cent from them though.
incorrect assumption
I withdrew money from them just yesterday. It's paid for itself many times over and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Music gateway....I had a pro membership for 6 months a few years back. Never made a bean. Got irritated by their maddening "million-click" metadata system

Pond5 -- just avoid. They are eagerly engaged in "race to the bottom" and your perfectly decent track will be priced out by someone seliing theirs for a dollar.
Old 8th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgbravo View Post

Hey CGbravo, did you finally get the payment from Songtradr? I've been waiting for 120 days now and still waiting... At this point, their response is "just wait"
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idmmer417 View Post
Hey CGbravo, did you finally get the payment from Songtradr? I've been waiting for 120 days now and still waiting... At this point, their response is "just wait"
Hi yes it did come in and it did take a while the issue being the licensor not necessarily songtradr - closed out the license around late Aug/September 2018 and got paid around January 2019

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search