The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Music Makes Cash? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 14th February 2018
  #301
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilleybeats View Post
I've done nothing but MAKE MONEY in the Syndicate and get connected with quality libraries. Jesse never hesitates to help you or answer any questions you have. There a lot of false accusations posted in here. I'm not going to go back and forth and argue with anyone, but how can you knock something so bad if you haven't tried it? And if YOU don't need it, then what's your point in worrying with it and trying your hardest to turn people away from it. You have to spend money to make money. Until you sign up and get inside the syndicate to see how it all goes down and the info and opportunities you get, you can't say anything. Bottom line. I can guarantee if you were actually a part of the group you would have a totally different opinion. I've been producing music for most of my life, but struggled with getting in to the tv/film licensing side of things. Since being in the syndicate I've learned a ton about the business and not only that, but I've got a huge jump start with the opportunities provided within (and again) MADE MONEY and have't paid a dime. Most of ya'll are so amped up about this it's funny. I'm a syndicate member, I'm making money within the syndicate, I'm learning a ton about the business, I'm building relationships with other great producers and most importantly I'm having fun doing it.
And I am hoping to win an ice skating gold medal at the winter Olympics.

Jeez.

I can't read any more of this thread, it's too frustrating. If you peeps are happy chucking your hard earned money at this glorious opportunity, then I say go for it! I'm sure it will pay off.
Old 14th February 2018
  #302
Here for the gear
 

Appreciate the feedback and further questions. I'll answer the main ones I've seen so far from the replies:
(A few current members have posted and I think their comments obviously speak for themselves)

1) "Ok, maybe not a scam but what Jesse's doing is predatory to newcomers - and $97/month is just not worth it."

As one comment pointed out, imagine I was offering piano lessons instead of music licensing industry guidance. Sure, no one absolutely NEEDS piano lessons to succeed and many world renoun pianists were self-taught. They figured it all out for themselves and never paid a penny to a teacher. Would that mean that piano teachers are predatory to newcomers? I suppose if they were teaching poor technique or simply skipped out on the lessons...sure. But I actually think piano teachers provide a valuable service to those who want to pay for it (they can save students from forming poor posture, technique, etc.).

I don't charge per submission so one of the comments just had the facts wrong. The monthly $97 fee includes all submissions allowed for the month (usually at least 10 tracks) and feedback on homework assignments and open reviews (they can post any track they're currently working on). But I as point out to the members before they sign up, it's the feedback & tutorials that I provide which mostly justifies the monthly investment. You all probably remember how hard it was to get good, detailed feedback on your producing & mixing skills early on (most times if a Library didn't like your music, they would just reject you or never reply to your email). Most family members and friends just say "Sounds good!", but getting honest, no bs feedback on where our tracks could improve is a VALUABLE service, period. Of course if you don't think that service is worth $97/month or you don't think I'm a qualified person to give such feedback, then you won't sign up - Totally a subjective value judgement. But in order to keep myself incentivized to CONSISTENTLY provide high quality feedback on a weekly basis, I charge for my time - and my paying students can hold me accountable for the service I provide (get refunds, leave bad reviews, etc.). And as another commenter pointed out, if he signed up and was paying me he would make DAMN SURE he's getting value from the Syndicate (i.e. getting useful feedback and guidance to help him improve his craft). So putting "skin in the game" can actually increase the student's incentive to work hard as well (many studies have proven this theory).

I DO appreciate the skepticism because I know it's coming from a place of wanting to look out for fellow producers & musicians - I've been ripped off and stolen from in the past in the music biz - you might not believe me, but a major part of my motivation does come from wanting to help newcomers avoid the unfair deals that can be all too common in the licensing biz. And if you've succeeded in the licensing business and are critiquing me because you want to look out for newcomer producers, I would hope you ALSO have a YouTube channel (or blog site) with dozens or hundreds of free videos that provide useful guidance and advice from your experience in the business. And if not, I would think twice about trying to attack my efforts because to the outsider it looks like you're trying to prevent newcomers from getting good, useful FREE advice about succeeding in the business.

2) "Jesse's primary business is obviously just selling his products since he releases so many YouTube videos, etc."

If you are accusing me of working too hard or putting out too much content, I will accept that charge. But making a YouTube takes about 5-10 minutes and I do just 2 of them per week. I manage to continue working on my music licensing obligations ALONG with creating YouTube videos & offering services to Syndicate members (I also have another completely separate business - non music industry related - that I've been creating in the background and will launch soon).

If that all sounds just impossible for 1 person to do, I don't know what to say other than...maybe spend less time posting on forums like this just bashing other people's hustle without complete information? You'd be amazed what your productivity can be when you have a good diet, sleep well & focus on providing useful services to others.

Oh, and to answer the question of how I sleep at night: I use a tempur-pedic mattress, white noise machine and I usually knock out by 9:00pm (highly recommended if you're not satisfied with your productivity levels)

Alright, that's prob the last response I'll give on this forum. I think you all know my perspective now and for those who still dislike me, I'm sorry that I'm taking up space, rent-free, in your hearts & minds.
Old 14th February 2018
  #303
Lives for gear
 
Jeff Hayat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilleybeats View Post
I've done nothing but MAKE MONEY in the Syndicate and get connected with quality libraries. Jesse never hesitates to help you or answer any questions you have. There a lot of false accusations posted in here. I'm not going to go back and forth and argue with anyone, but how can you knock something so bad if you haven't tried it? And if YOU don't need it, then what's your point in worrying with it and trying your hardest to turn people away from it. You have to spend money to make money. Until you sign up and get inside the syndicate to see how it all goes down and the info and opportunities you get, you can't say anything. Bottom line. I can guarantee if you were actually a part of the group you would have a totally different opinion. I've been producing music for most of my life, but struggled with getting in to the tv/film licensing side of things. Since being in the syndicate I've learned a ton about the business and not only that, but I've got a huge jump start with the opportunities provided within (and again) MADE MONEY and have't paid a dime. Most of ya'll are so amped up about this it's funny. I'm a syndicate member, I'm making money within the syndicate, I'm learning a ton about the business, I'm building relationships with other great producers and most importantly I'm having fun doing it.
Oh please. The rest of us are not that stupid.
Old 14th February 2018
  #304
Lives for gear
 
VitaEtMusica's Avatar
 

I don't think I have a problem with someone selling lessons, or mentoring/feedback. That's something people can use IF the info divulged is actually helpful... I guess only the end user could say whether it was worth it. I've certainly mentored many, many composers along the way... for free. I spend a good part of my day giving feedback to composers.... for free. I've given away 1,000's of licensing and library composing opportunities... for free. So, I guess my point is that either a composer can hustle and get this same feedback/info for free... Or I should be charging for this stuff

Personally, when I was starting out, the single thing that upped my game was the purchase of an EMU E4XT Ultra sampler. I think it cost me about $3,600 maxed out. I had to scrape and save and even go into a bit of debt to get it... but it changed everything. I was able to graduate from mediocre synth modules (looking at you JV1080) to producing stuff that sounded quite good for the time. My point? If you have $1,200 to spend per year on your craft I can think of a lot of purchases that would get you to a higher level of music production than "the syndicate." If you used the same money to get a subscription to EastWest, Slate, and Splice, you'd be able to do some serious damage. And still have quite a bit of money to spare.

I promise you, if your music is good and finished at a top tier level, you won't have a problem finding work or getting people to pay attention.
Old 14th February 2018
  #305
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sync My Music View Post
Oh, and to answer the question of how I sleep at night: I use a tempur-pedic mattress, white noise machine and I usually knock out by 9:00pm (highly recommended if you're not satisfied with your productivity levels)
Highly satisfied actually. Professional composer for nearly 20 years with a very good reputation. My music has generated several million in royalties and it has been placed in alot more than 268 TV shows. The fact you did a video showing off about this figure (How I Got My Music Into 268 TV Shows and how YOU can too!) tells me alot about what level you're at.

Furthermore, I don't need a tempur mattress to sleep at night because I know I've done it purely from good, honest composing and without leeching off those desperate to get in the biz.

I'm sure Dr.Bill, Jeff, Narco or Etch et. al. could set up a video channel 'syndicate' and get loads of subscribers and make vast wads of cash from their excellent knowledge but I wager (and I don't know them but they seem like decent folk) that they would not go that route because their conscience would not allow it. It is common decency not to profit from our fellow musicians in this way.

You can try and convince us that you're in it to try and help people but you aren't fooling us grizzled oldies who have been around the block a few times. I'd be fascinated to see the reality of what the licensing opportunities are and how much you're all making from your little venture on a long-term basis.
Old 14th February 2018
  #306
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
So, I guess my point is that either a composer can hustle and get this same feedback/info for free... Or I should be charging for this stuff
Yes, charge for your knowledge and experience!

If I were some of you experienced guys, I would be making my own “syndicate”, or “Sync Mafia”, or “Trak Cartel” (no offense JF!), or whatever group. Throw up some YouTube videos, set up a Patheon account, sell some books, t-shirts, and whatever other merchandise you can hawk. It’s a heck of a retirement plan!

Hell, the money is out there to be made. At least write a book or two. A composer from the Taxi forum has written a book Buy Steve Barden's book! - TAXI.com

So what the heck is the hold up lornemalvo, Dr.Bill, Jeff, Narco or Etch et. al?
Old 14th February 2018
  #307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilleybeats View Post
I've done nothing but MAKE MONEY in the Syndicate and get connected with quality libraries. Jesse never hesitates to help you or answer any questions you have. There a lot of false accusations posted in here. I'm not going to go back and forth and argue with anyone, but how can you knock something so bad if you haven't tried it? And if YOU don't need it, then what's your point in worrying with it and trying your hardest to turn people away from it. You have to spend money to make money. Until you sign up and get inside the syndicate to see how it all goes down and the info and opportunities you get, you can't say anything. Bottom line. I can guarantee if you were actually a part of the group you would have a totally different opinion. I've been producing music for most of my life, but struggled with getting in to the tv/film licensing side of things. Since being in the syndicate I've learned a ton about the business and not only that, but I've got a huge jump start with the opportunities provided within (and again) MADE MONEY and have't paid a dime. Most of ya'll are so amped up about this it's funny. I'm a syndicate member, I'm making money within the syndicate, I'm learning a ton about the business, I'm building relationships with other great producers and most importantly I'm having fun doing it.
Glad that's settled......
Old 14th February 2018
  #308
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
So what the heck is the hold up lornemalvo, Dr.Bill, Jeff, Narco or Etch et. al?
There is only so much time in the day. Many commitments and not enough time. Something's gotta give to insert more into the schedule, and I'd wager none of us are inclined to shove any of our normal duties out of the way for a project like that. At least not presently.

I know Etch has a book rattling around in his brain. I talked with him once about doing a Siskel vs. Ebert style book together as we both have pretty strong views, but often take differing sides of the debate - coming from different perspectives. I think that would be a fun one. But the reality is, we are all professionals who make our living at this, and there is not enough time in the day. Maybe sometime....
Old 15th February 2018
  #309
Lives for gear
 
Amber's Avatar
 

IMO, the best thing you can do with your money if you already have a computer, DAW, samples, headphones is to buy yourself time. The sooner you get your 10,000 hours or whatever in the better.

Whatever you can do to get those hours in, quit your job etc, the sooner you'll get to the point where people will pay for your music.
Old 15th February 2018
  #310
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
There is only so much time in the day. Many commitments and not enough time. Something's gotta give to insert more into the schedule, and I'd wager none of us are inclined to shove any of our normal duties out of the way for a project like that. At least not presently.

I know Etch has a book rattling around in his brain. I talked with him once about doing a Siskel vs. Ebert style book together as we both have pretty strong views, but often take differing sides of the debate - coming from different perspectives. I think that would be a fun one. But the reality is, we are all professionals who make our living at this, and there is not enough time in the day. Maybe sometime....
Such a shame. I am pretty sure you could teach and inspire so many more people.
Old 15th February 2018
  #311
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Well, there is zero doubt that TEACHING newbies how to do something like this is generally more profitable in 2017 than actually DOING it yourself. That said, there is plenty of info on how to do it for FREE out there, so no one will be starving for info!! Personally, I'd rather be doing it than making money teaching someone how to do it. This type of hustle all started back in the real estate boom when "incredibly wealthy RE investors" were teaching classes for serious coin on how to make millions in RE. Of course no one asked the obvious question - "if it's so profitable, how come you're here teaching us how to make millions and creating more competition for yourself instead of just doing it yourself." THAT is the question anyone should be asking before plunking down cash to learn something....
Old 15th February 2018
  #312
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Well, there is zero doubt that TEACHING newbies how to do something like this is generally more profitable in 2017 than actually DOING it yourself. That said, there is plenty of info on how to do it for FREE out there, so no one will be starving for info!! Personally, I'd rather be doing it than making money teaching someone how to do it. This type of hustle all started back in the real estate boom when "incredibly wealthy RE investors" were teaching classes for serious coin on how to make millions in RE. Of course no one asked the obvious question - "if it's so profitable, how come you're here teaching us how to make millions and creating more competition for yourself instead of just doing it yourself." THAT is the question anyone should be asking before plunking down cash to learn something....
I get it.

Doing it can be profitable. But why “do it” when you can teach people how to do it and make more money?

You’d make just as much or more money from teaching people how to make music than you would from making music. Heck, you could make more money than most teachers.

But you probably love composing. I understand. That is something that money cannot buy. You could still write a book though!
Old 15th February 2018
  #313
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Such a shame. I am pretty sure you could teach and inspire so many more people.
I dont think there's a shortage of teachers here or in other forums. I do believe each one of us has a moral threshold when it comes to making mullah...otherwise we'd all be drug dealers...

and im not knocking on music makes cash, in fairness he's got a ton of great free content and i've watch most of them. not once did i feel they were an infomercial for the syndicate
Old 15th February 2018
  #314
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
I get it.

Doing it can be profitable. But why “do it” when you can teach people how to do it and make more money?
Because life is about more than just money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
You’d make just as much or more money from teaching people how to make music than you would from making music. Heck, you could make more money than most teachers.
I probably could make more than by writing, but then I wouldn't have time for the writing, and I'd have 250+ "clients" that all had expectations of me. I'm fine with the handful that I have now. But more than that, like many here that have "made it", or at least have been blessed enough to make a living doing this, I feel a responsibility to give back to the community as much as I can, and if I was charging for that I'd just feel kind of.....ugh....you know, like it was all about the money and not about the people. I think that's why many of us feel like the whole "pay to play" thing is just kind of sleazy - even if couched as teaching or pitching opportunities.

I think Vita said it well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
I've certainly mentored many, many composers along the way... for free. I spend a good part of my day giving feedback to composers.... for free. I've given away 1,000's of licensing and library composing opportunities... for free. So, I guess my point is that either a composer can hustle and get this same feedback/info for free... Or I should be charging for this stuff

I promise you, if your music is good and finished at a top tier level, you won't have a problem finding work or getting people to pay attention.
What else could be said....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
But you probably love composing. I understand. That is something that money cannot buy. You could still write a book though!
Yes. Sometimes I almost think that it's like a drug. I think music has that affect on many musicians. Maybe someday on the book....but probably not unless Etch wants to tag team on it. And I think thats doubtful - because as busy as I am, I think he's 3X's as busy. I don't know how the guy does it. He has a lot of responsibility.....

Last edited by drBill; 15th February 2018 at 05:28 AM..
Old 15th February 2018
  #315
Gear Maniac
 
Troy Engle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
"if it's so profitable, how come you're here teaching us how to make millions and creating more competition for yourself instead of just doing it yourself." THAT is the question anyone should be asking before plunking down cash to learn something....
Yep!!! Like Vita said, invest that $1200 a year (or more) in your business. Go to a conference and meet people. Buy a plane ticket and take some guys to lunch. There is more than enough free content on here, and youtube to learn the ropes enough to get going. And some very gracious and helpful folks, that will answer your questions (many already commenting in this thread). But like I said before, people will pay for an "easy" way in (or out) or a "shortcut". Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig are still in business for a reason!!
Old 15th February 2018
  #316
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Because life is about more than just money.



I probably could make more than by writing, but then I wouldn't have time for the writing, and I'd have 250+ "clients" that all had expectations of me. I'm fine with the handful that I have now. But more than that, like many here that have "made it", or at least have been blessed enough to make a living doing this, I feel a responsibility to give back to the community as much as I can, and if I was charging for that I'd just feel kind of.....ugh....you know, like it was all about the money and not about the people. I think that's why many of us feel like the whole "pay to play" thing is just kind of sleazy - even if couched as teaching or pitching opportunities.
A class act.

Much more noble than I am.
Old 15th February 2018
  #317
Lives for gear
 

First of all, I absolute agree that it is a great gift to have so many knowledgeable and experienced people on this board who share their advice for free. No debate about this. But not everyone knows about this very niche forum and not every forum on the internet got world class mentors. Rather the contrary is true: The internet is more often than not a dark place where it can become extremely hard - especially for a novice - to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Nowadays there is free education available on the internet in regards to every topic imaginable. But to get education and feedback on a regular and personal basis, most instructors charge for their service. Especially when it comes to personal critique and feedback on a regular basis.

Someone mentioned piano instructors as an example: Sure, they "could" compose or play live gigs to make a living but - in my opinion - there is nothing wrong with giving lessons and helping others to become better and enhance their skills on their instrument and charge for that accordingly. Maybe it's possible to get the same information via random YouTube videos, but a good personal instructor is able the reduce the learning curve via personal feedback immensely.

The same is true for financial advisors and many other occupations in similar fields. I'd rather go to an exceptional, recommended and trust worthy advisor than to rely on "random" internet resources.

After evaluating some of Jesse's free videos on his channel it seems that his advice is indeed legit. Same goes for his quality response on this forum. Everybody should make up his mind if it's worth the money to get insider information and personal feedback.

That being said: 99 bucks seem to be way too much on a monthly basis for this service in my opinion. And this amount of money might be a reason for the emotionality of this very discussion. 19,99 - 29,99 would be more appropriate, imo. Especially because we are talking about people who are just starting out and are most likely short of money anyway.

Last edited by color; 15th February 2018 at 06:21 PM..
Old 16th February 2018
  #318
Gear Addict
 

Nice post Color and I'd agree. I feel posters here have been very unfair. The fee seems quite high but other than this I can't see a problem. The idea that people can teach themselves is probably true for most subjects but this doesn't mean it's always an efficient method. It would easy to argue that many university courses are redundant for someone with internet access and there's no doubt some are scams. Let the guy earn a living from his skills. Nobody is twisting the arms of his clients and they can leave when they like.

Now, about my course discount....
Old 17th February 2018
  #319
Gear Nut
 
SpikeWolf's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilleybeats View Post
I've done nothing but MAKE MONEY in the Syndicate and get connected with quality libraries. Jesse never hesitates to help you or answer any questions you have. There a lot of false accusations posted in here. I'm not going to go back and forth and argue with anyone, but how can you knock something so bad if you haven't tried it? And if YOU don't need it, then what's your point in worrying with it and trying your hardest to turn people away from it. You have to spend money to make money. Until you sign up and get inside the syndicate to see how it all goes down and the info and opportunities you get, you can't say anything. Bottom line. I can guarantee if you were actually a part of the group you would have a totally different opinion. I've been producing music for most of my life, but struggled with getting in to the tv/film licensing side of things. Since being in the syndicate I've learned a ton about the business and not only that, but I've got a huge jump start with the opportunities provided within (and again) MADE MONEY and have't paid a dime. Most of ya'll are so amped up about this it's funny. I'm a syndicate member, I'm making money within the syndicate, I'm learning a ton about the business, I'm building relationships with other great producers and most importantly I'm having fun doing it.
Knock something without trying it? I believe we ALL may be trying it, simply on our own, without paying some dude $99/month to possibly pay us $25 "consideration fee" per track (I like how he conveniently left out receiving all the front end by obviously selling the album of comprised tracks of others.) I'm glad you made money, but like others who are already established have mentioned, they learned the process on their own, made connections on their own. To pay someone to get them to that point, in my words not theirs, would probably be considered an insult and a sense of sheer laziness due to the "fast track" mentality possibly you and most others in the "Syndicate" have. Congrats and good luck on your future success. I will proudly keep my $99/month and continue building relationships and music through hard work and genuine effort.

ADD: I think the "scam" aspect may be more along the lines of this analogy: I don't want to give a pitching coach $99/month if his highest level of achievement was high school varsity when I'm trying to make the pros. Sub-letting music may or may not be a smart way to approach when dealing directly with your one music sup connection? That's for others to answer.
Old 17th February 2018
  #320
Gear Nut
 
SpikeWolf's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Oh please. The rest of us are not that stupid.
I do feel a little more stupid for reading his comment and actually responding to it...
Old 17th February 2018
  #321
It all boils down to choices in life. Some choose to go for the money. Others chose to go for love or passion or intellectual stimulation. No choice is particularly wrong or right.
Old 17th February 2018
  #322
Gear Nut
 
currentstatus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sync My Music View Post
I think you all know my perspective now and for those who still dislike me, I'm sorry that I'm taking up space, rent-free, in your hearts & minds.
Jesse.. I bought your library list.. I then found it posted here on GS!
Like me I'm sure your not too happy.

Whatever business you've got in mind "away from music".. that sounds like a good route.
IMO your SyncMyMusic endevour is probably not worth it long term.. you will always get flac from musicians for that hustle.
If someone described my business as predatory or a scam.. the fact it MAY fall into that category is a no no.

You've got balls.. for sure.. so use them to make SERIOUS money dude! Stop f..ing about with music!
Old 17th February 2018
  #323
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
It all boils down to choices in life. Some choose to go for the money. Others chose to go for love or passion or intellectual stimulationt
Some choose both.
Old 17th February 2018
  #324
Quote:
Originally Posted by currentstatus View Post
Jesse.. I bought your library list.. I then found it posted here on GS!
Like me I'm sure your not too happy.

Whatever business you've got in mind "away from music".. that sounds like a good route.
IMO your SyncMyMusic endevour is probably not worth it long term.. you will always get flac from musicians for that hustle.
If someone described my business as predatory or a scam.. the fact it MAY fall into that category is a no no.

You've got balls.. for sure.. so use them to make SERIOUS money dude! Stop f..ing about with music!
Hell yeah! Sync My Music sounds like a fun experiment, but there are far too many haters and far too little money to do it forever. Good luck Jesse!
Old 18th February 2018
  #325
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Hell yeah! Sync My Music sounds like a fun experiment, but there are far too many haters and far too little money to do it forever. Good luck Jesse!
Why nt you get a group started to share ideas, give feedback, etc. for minimal background cues then? Make it free yet professional and there you go. A ‘scammer’ is out of business yet a community is still connected and helping each ither with ideas and feedback.
Old 18th February 2018
  #326
Gear Head
 

Anyone here willing to pay me $$$ to be a part of my and Desire Inspires group. We’ll be the anti-syndicate. We’ll be the... Goodfellas.
Old 18th February 2018
  #327
Lives for gear
 

Maxwell Malz revealed to us little humans in his book psycho cybernetics long ago that we are indeed in control of our own thinking and our self-image. There is no reason to be sarcastic, cynical or negative. We got a choice. Which side do you favor: The dark and negative or the bright and positive?



Old 18th February 2018
  #328
Lives for gear
 

Why join any of these submission groups? Somehow I found a way to get my songs straight to the music supervisors without joining the mob. If I can do it, you can too.

Contacts...meeting people....making friends... but never using a "generic service"....


I did hire a manager on spec though. The difference is my manager only makes money if I do. He only gets paid when he brings in a deal.
Old 18th February 2018
  #329
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddTimeGrinder View Post
Make it free yet professional and there you go. A ‘scammer’ is out of business yet a community is still connected and helping each ither with ideas and feedback.
Free yet professional? Kind of an oxymoron there.

And why would I want to put a ‘scammer’ out of business? I want in on the scam!
Old 18th February 2018
  #330
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Maxwell Malz revealed to us little humans in his book psycho cybernetics long ago that we are indeed in control of our own thinking and our self-image. There is no reason to be sarcastic, cynical or negative. We got a choice. Which side do you favor: The dark and negative or the bright and positive?
Hmmm...

What if I am cynical of something dark and negative?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump