The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Top Music Library/Publishing companies for 2017?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Hilarious... no I didn’t notice! Honestly the idea of putting my library online under my own website isn’t anything I’d ever considered or even thought of until reading this thread!
Yeah, what a lot of music libraries are doing is creating their own basic website for a splash page and a couple of other pages (maybe credits or about us or custom music, or something) but then when you click on the button for "Music" or "Search" or "Catalog" they have it redirect to their Source Audio page.

And some libraries now just use SourceAudio for everything since you can post video reels, make custom pages, and customize your SourceAudio site to some degree. Within the admin tools there is a graphic interface to do a lot of the customization to your own site (it's mainly all drag an drop) The downside to SourceAudio is there is a standardization to the layout and formatting of the website. So you can't create anything that is truly visually unique to you... but the upside to that is for client portals, everything you put up works when they log into their portal.
Old 1 week ago
Yeah, a lot of music libraries are using SourceAudio: https://www.sourceaudio.com/members/
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
Yeah, what a lot of music libraries are doing is creating their own basic website for a splash page and a couple of other pages (maybe credits or about us or custom music, or something) but then when you click on the button for "Music" or "Search" or "Catalog" they have it redirect to their Source Audio page.

And some libraries now just use SourceAudio for everything since you can post video reels, make custom pages, and customize your SourceAudio site to some degree. Within the admin tools there is a graphic interface to do a lot of the customization to your own site (it's mainly all drag an drop) The downside to SourceAudio is there is a standardization to the layout and formatting of the website. So you can't create anything that is truly visually unique to you... but the upside to that is for client portals, everything you put up works when they log into their portal.
Wow... I’m gonna dust off the korg x3, plug in the wind controller and start knocking out some tasty vintage 90s music beds...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Wow... I’m gonna dust off the korg x3, plug in the wind controller and start knocking out some tasty vintage 90s music beds...
the X3... man that's too modern... you gotta break out the M1 and Alesis SR-16!!!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Although, you are up against some stiff competition! LOL You gotta compete with the likes of this...

https://megatrax.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer?b=1256820

https://megatrax.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer?b=4168631

https://megatrax.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer?b=4168718
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
the X3... man that's too modern... you gotta break out the M1 and Alesis SR-16!!!
Ahhh. You’re totally right! I forget about the M1! I only ever had Alesia rack units and later in time...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow. Does anybody actually buy this stuff? It sounds like 3rd rate rock music from the 90s.Even the people that listened to it 30 years ago have moved on to new country Florida Georgia line records.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
Wow. Does anybody actually buy this stuff? It sounds like 3rd rate rock music from the 90s.Even the people that listened to it 30 years ago have moved on to new country Florida Georgia line records.
I'd submit that whether it's good or not is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if it fits the clients' need.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
The answer is yes.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenose View Post
The answer is yes.
the answer is actually no. Because it's not for sale.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Production music is the definition of background music.. it conveys a style (country, top 40, urban) and otherwise doesn’t have any elements that really stick out (giant gtr solo, etc)
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Production music is the definition of background music.. it conveys a style (country, top 40, urban) and otherwise doesn’t have any elements that really stick out (giant gtr solo, etc)
All of the essence with none of the flavor!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
All of the essence with none of the flavor!
Yup!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

But everyone I know who has made a independent film for low budget knows other creative people and always finds someone who does the music for free.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
But everyone I know who has made a independent film for low budget knows other creative people and always finds someone who does the music for free.
That’s awesome. For the creators of the movie.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
That’s awesome. For the creators of the movie.
It's low budget stuff. And creative people almost always know other creative people who need to add credits to their name. We are not talking Hans Zimmer and Ridley Scott here.

Hell, there are actually established film production companies here that regularly blast the internal list server of music and film students looking for anyone who wants to do soundtracks for free.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
And that is probably also why their independent films never go anywhere or makes any money

The kind of stuff linked above is used by NBC, ABC, CBS, etc all the time in shows (Young Sheldon and a few other shows use the 80's and 90's stuff A LOT!). It also goes around the world and gets a lot of use in Central and South America surprisingly.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
And that is probably also why their independent films never go anywhere or makes any money

The kind of stuff linked above is used by NBC, ABC, CBS, etc all the time in shows (Young Sheldon and a few other shows use the 80's and 90's stuff A LOT!). It also goes around the world and gets a lot of use in Central and South America surprisingly.
Their independent film don't go anywhere because they are just not very good films. Even a Johan Johansen could not save them from dregg.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Their independent film don't go anywhere because they are just not very good films. Even a Johan Johansen could not save them from dregg.
Very true... I've worked on a few indie films I tried desperately to keep my name OFF of for that very reason. Every time I look at my IMDB I'm like "ouch... I finally almost forgot about that film... but there it is. doh!"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search