The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How fast do Tunesat detections show up?
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

How fast do Tunesat detections show up?

I've never seen just how fast they've shown up in the few detections I've gotten with their free plan. Anyone with a lot of detections on there ever noticed if they show up pretty fast after airing?
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Maniac

A few hours usually for my millions of detections through HitLicense.

Kidding but it's 1-3 hours for me.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Usually 3-5 hours for me - that's including global tracking
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Holy crap I didn't even know about this service!

Will investigate more and probably sign up, thank you!
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Holy crap I didn't even know about this service!

Will investigate more and probably sign up, thank you!
Right on! It's pretty cool. It can detect funny things though- awhile back I got a detection for having a track in a fifties film on TCM channel. The rest have been accurate and it plays a little sound clip of the usage which is cool.
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Maniac

i cant figure it out. i'm using the 50 free tracks account. do you have to input all the metadata? it says its optional in the guide but another user tells me you have to enter all the metadata. what if you have the same track in multiple non-exclusive libraries how do you know what title/metadata to enter? do the detection's just happen automatically or do you have to scan when you are logged in?
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymc View Post
i cant figure it out. i'm using the 50 free tracks account. do you have to input all the metadata? it says its optional in the guide but another user tells me you have to enter all the metadata. what if you have the same track in multiple non-exclusive libraries how do you know what title/metadata to enter? do the detection's just happen automatically or do you have to scan when you are logged in?
I input it all including the publisher and PRO and detections show up automatically. I would assume if you have retitled stuff it would show up regardless of the metadata if the file is the same, but all the stuff I have on there is exclusive so maybe someone with NE's can chime in on that.
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Head

Detections show up automatically, and metadata isn't really important. You can fill it out or not, it's just for your own information. If you have 3000 tracks in your account, I assume it can be useful to enter the metadata. I personally don't enter the metadata, but it's up to you.

As for re-titles/NE, Tunesat can't tell if a track was placed by Publisher X Y or Z, all it does is detect audio files and let you know when/where it was used, and you'll get an audio snippet of the actual placement. So if you get a placement for a re-titled/NE track, you'll probably have to do some research to know who placed the track for you.
Old 14th February 2017
Lives for gear

Confirmed the timing for myself... I saw one in there about 5 hours after the usage and it was probably in there for awhile before I saw it. Cool to see it working that fast instead of waiting 9 months for the statement!
Old 14th February 2017
Lives for gear

A few hours. I recently had my first US nationwide ad placement and it's been fun seeing where the ad pops up.
Old 15th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
A few hours. I recently had my first US nationwide ad placement and it's been fun seeing where the ad pops up.
Congrats! I didn't know they tracked commercials as well so that's good to know.
Old 16th February 2017
Deleted User
Do the PROs follow up if provided with Tunesat information about an unreported use or do you have to track down the end-user of the music (the person who placed the unreported cue) and try to get him declare the use?
Old 17th March 2017
Gear Head

TuneSat!
Old 28th March 2017
Gear Head

Just checking, can anybody else log into their Tunesat free account through Facebook today? When I try, I get to a page that says:

Exception Occurred TS_GEN_ERR:11000

Error occurred while processing request
Old 28th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markuss View Post
Do the PROs follow up if provided with Tunesat information about an unreported use or do you have to track down the end-user of the music (the person who placed the unreported cue) and try to get him declare the use?
Sorry. I just saw this. The only PRO in the US that recognizes tunesat data for payment is SESAC. The others do not. Outside of the US I am not sure. I have heard that some do and some don't but I don't know which ones.
Old 2nd May 2017
Here for the gear

tunesat terms, have not good clause
Quote:
By uploading, publishing, modifying or displaying User Content to any part of the Site or Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transmit, and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Service or Site.
what you think about this ?
on the other thread in this forum, have a discussion about some library with mainly negative comments, because they changed their license to perpetuity term,
But similar thing in tunesat agreement, and no have discussion about this.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundD View Post

on the other thread in this forum, have a discussion about some library with mainly negative comments, because they changed their license to perpetuity term,
That's pretty bad. I know tons of people who upload their work to Tunesat to cross reference their library placements.
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Addict

What does it mean in practise? Tunesat can use any track uploaded on their site as advertising music for Tunesat? I don't think that exclusive libraries appreciate that policy. Does that make Tunesat unuseable for any track that you place in an exclusive library? If yes, any alternatives?
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Doesn't really make sense. I could upload any tracks to Tunesat.
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

I would assume they include that to cover themselves since clips are playable upon detection but that's a scarily broad line. Thank you for pointing that out.
Old 9th January 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundD View Post

"By uploading, publishing, modifying or displaying User Content to any part of the Site or Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transmit, and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Service or Site. "

Picking this up as I just signed up for a free account. I didn't see that in the current terms - maybe it's been removed?

Last edited by Chamomile Shark; 9th January 2018 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: quote missing
Old 9th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
ASCAP does not! They will only pay out royalties based on cue sheets and surveys.

But what I do is contact the music library once I confirm the detection. I ask them to contact the production company to see if an updated cue sheet can be filed.
Old 21st January 2018
Gear Maniac

Umm, sometimes Tunesat does not pick up anything and I eventually see the placement on my BMI statement.
Old 28th January 2018
Here for the gear

Tunesat is very hit and miss. It missed 4 tracks this month on BBC 2 that it had previously detected (same track) for instance.

Tunesat and whether you would pay for it or not probably depends on what constitutes amounts of detections. Some people may think 20 a month is a lot, while others may think 250 is a bad month.
Old 29th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cook View Post
Tunesat is very hit and miss.
Agreed.

You have to verify every detection by watching the show and listening for when your music was used. Sometimes you watch an episode of a show and your song never appears.
Old 29th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Agreed.

You have to verify every detection by watching the show and listening for when your music was used. Sometimes you watch an episode of a show and your song never appears.
On my Tunesat I can hear an audio recording of the detection. It's never been wrong. It doesn't seem to pick up BBC for me though.
Old 29th January 2018
Gear Addict

Yes, there is an audio recording you can listen to on Tunesat. There have been no false positives for me so far, though I don't know how many airings it has missed. It picked up something on BBC two weeks ago for me. But I have to wait for my first PRO-statement to see how reliably Tunesat detects everything.
Old 29th January 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
On my Tunesat I can hear an audio recording of the detection. It's never been wrong. It doesn't seem to pick up BBC for me though.
Weird! I get BBC ok. But I am not sure about Tunesat really. It promises so much but it doesn't seem to have developed much in a number of years. I was initially excited as I thought it would gradually expand the monitoring into more countries (Japan would be nice for example) but it didn't.

One kind of gets the impression nothing much is happening. I hope that is not the case because it has massive potential. If it could be more globally comprehensive then I would gladly pay for 1000+ trax to be monitored 'worldwide' but at present, quite a bit of the world is missing!

Perhaps a Tunesat person could come on here and update us and let us know if there any plans for future development or is that it. I really hope there is more to come.

CS
Old 29th January 2018
Quote:
I can hear an audio recording as well. But sometimes the song is not the one listed or it is a song that is not mine.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search