The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Music Dealers Liqudation
Old 29th March 2017
Gear Addict

Even if 57 million songs part was true, why on Earth would any serious buyer want to browse through 3 million rock tracks, for example? Whole thing sounds like a joke and amateurish...or I just don't understand this business model. Race to the bottom, indeed!
Old 30th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by implant View Post
Even if 57 million songs part was true, why on Earth would any serious buyer want to browse through 3 million rock tracks, for example? Whole thing sounds like a joke and amateurish...or I just don't understand this business model. Race to the bottom, indeed!
Hey there,

I just saw you're in Serbia, do you do any traditional Serbian music? I'm always looking for traditional music for my library (i pay upfront)..

Send me a link via PM!!

John
Old 30th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Hey there,

I just saw you're in Serbia, do you do any traditional Serbian music? I'm always looking for traditional music for my library (i pay upfront)..

Send me a link via PM!!

John
John,

I sent you a PM. Thanks!
Old 4th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letstalksync View Post
hmm, like to learn more about this...
Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
Sounds like a lot of big city razzamatazz.
Old 5th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
It's a puff piece written by Billy Tuchscher. It's basically marketing and advertising for the company, most likely so he can sell it to some other sucker. LOL Is he still running the business out of the UPS store in Las Vegas?

just checked the website... yup, he is.

https://www.musicdealers.com/#!/contact-us

3540 W. Sahara Ave.
Suite 311
Las Vegas, NV 89102

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1454...7i13312!8i6656

MD's, uh-hem, WORLD headquarters. Mailbox, I mean, "SUITE" 311 inside the UPS store.
Old 5th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post

MD's, uh-hem, WORLD headquarters. Mailbox, I mean, "SUITE" 311 inside the UPS store.
LOL

https://lasvegas-nv-0135.theupsstorelocal.com/

Talking about fake news ...
Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
It's a puff piece written by Billy Tuchscher. It's basically marketing and advertising for the company, most likely so he can sell it to some other sucker. LOL Is he still running the business out of the UPS store in Las Vegas?

just checked the website... yup, he is.

https://www.musicdealers.com/#!/contact-us

3540 W. Sahara Ave.
Suite 311
Las Vegas, NV 89102

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1454...7i13312!8i6656

Thanks for your research Etch!!! Yup, looks like he is trying to flip it then.... correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't actually own most of the music IP correct? Perhaps some, but basically artists have been giving them material non-exclusively for awhile (at least from what I now and what friends of mine in bands etc have done)... so the only IP they would have would be their front end interface and years of meta-tagging etc?
Old 29th April 2019
Here for the gear

Music Dealers Liquidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanmusic View Post
The are requesting proof of claim and amount by Affidavit.
Steven H. Baer is the trustee-Assignee for the Benefit of Creditors.
(High Ridge Partners, Inc.)

The Trustee-Assignee will liquidate Music Dealers Assets, which includes collecting accounts receivables and selling the Company's remaining assets. They state they will evaluate all indications of interest and offers received and determine the best manner in which to lot and sell the assets
Hey watchmanmusic,

Hoping you can help, I recently found that my songs were used in an MTV licensing deal with Music Dealers in 2014 and 2015 with songs I had on MD's site. I never knew about the deal and I never got paid for the placement. Just wondering how you got the above information and if you have any more details that might help. Just trying to get paid.

Thanks.
Old 30th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfist View Post
Hey watchmanmusic,

Hoping you can help, I recently found that my songs were used in an MTV licensing deal with Music Dealers in 2014 and 2015 with songs I had on MD's site. I never knew about the deal and I never got paid for the placement. Just wondering how you got the above information and if you have any more details that might help. Just trying to get paid.

Thanks.
Lol. Join the club. The deals they made around this time were mostly scams. A number of big blanket deals 'went wrong' and no paperwork or records can be found. I presume the deals went exactly as planned by MD.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search