The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Music Dealers Liqudation
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSMusic View Post
I'm pretty mad at Music Dealers. I joined in 2010. Then in 2011 the contract to one of my songs was amended (without my knowledge or consent) I don't know why it was amended, I have only just found out myself. Soon after that song was placed in an episode of the Netflix version of the TV show ‘Charmed’ as part of blanket deal. I have only discovered my song had been placed by accident recently ... some 5 years later. I have received no fee or royalties at all for this placement at all, and when I tried to sign into my music dealers account, I discovered that it has been removed, and I no longer appear to exist in their roster.

When I contacted music dealers to find out more about all this, I was told the delay in royalty payments was due to the fact that the man who deals with the CBS cue sheets had passed away, so the paperwork was stalled (for 5 years?). So my experience has not been a good one. On the surface of it, it looks like Music Dealers amended my contract without my consent, placed my song, deleted my account and after 5 years have still failed to compensate me, and possibly never intended to. It's hard enough getting placements as it is, would be nice to get paid when you actually manage to.
YOU MADE THE NEWS !
your post in the article below

After Raising $9 Million, Music Dealers Abruptly Shutters Sync Licensing Service, Musicians Go Unpaid - hypebot
Old 28th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanmusic View Post
So..... you've stayed the high-road in this thread and asked people to remain objective. Can we call this evidence enough to convict Erik and MD as being the type of corporate slim that will game the system for profit at the expense of the talented people they co-opt?

CLEARLY they took the profit out of that company and abandoned their partners (musicians) to take the loses. Seems other people think the same thing... Look what I found.

Old 28th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
so..... You've stayed the high-road in this thread and asked people to remain objective. Can we call this evidence enough to convict erik and md as being the type of corporate slim that will game the system for profit at the expense of the talented people they co-opt?

Clearly they took the profit out of that company and abandoned their partners (musicians) to take the loses. Seems other people think the same thing... Look what i found.

NOW!!! > YES WE CAN ...

Eric (Music Dealers) and Judith (Coke) makes me think, more than business was going on,lol
She leaves her job after 14yrs to go with Eric, kinda weird but, Hey!!

Let The Roasting Commence!
Old 28th July 2016
Quote:
I wonder if they are legally allowed to use the post for the article or if they had to get permission from GS or the OP?

I always wondered how that worked? when we post stuff online, it is still technically our intellectual property.
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Journalism would be able to use copyright material under "Fair Use" laws.... but public speech isn't copyright. Even thought this is written text, it's probably still considered conversation and public speech.

Which brings up another point... liable slander.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Journalism would be able to use copyright material under "Fair Use" laws.... but public speech isn't copyright. Even thought this is written text, it's probably still considered conversation and public speech.

Which brings up another point... liable slander.
Well looks like you made the news too. They have a quote from you too

Music Dealers Suddenly Closes Doors, Leaving Many Artists Without Pay
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

The day a reporter quotes a user named "Spiderman" on Gearslutz.com is the day journalism died. Glad I could play a small part... Perhaps you could forward the meme I found as another testimonial?

Gentlemen... in case you ever questioned the need for an alias on forums like this, I humbly submit Exhibit A.

Gotta run. Mary Jane just got home.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:

The day a reporter quotes a user named "Spiderman" on Gearslutz.com is the day journalism died. Glad I could play a small part... Perhaps you could forward the meme I found as another testimonial?

Gentlemen... in case you ever questioned the need for an alias on forums like this, I humbly submit Exhibit A.

Gotta run. Mary Jane just got home.
Your famous now Babyboy, don't run from it, embrace it. lol
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Nut

Music Dealers Founder Responds To Site's Demise, Unpaid Artists

"It was nothing short of a privilege to be part of the team that founded Music Dealers in 2008 and grew it to a company that, by the end of 2014 had paid out millions of dollars to emerging artists and earned a place on Inc Magazine's list of America's Fastest Growing Companies.

When I left in early 2015, I was proud of all that we had achieved and confident in its continued growth. It saddens me that Music Dealers is facing these challenges and I still remain hopeful that they can find a solution that will help the company realize its potential once again." - Eric Sheinkop

Music Dealers Founder Responds To Site's Demise, Unpaid Artists - hypebot
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

I have a message for the investors in Music Dealers..i don't know who they are but if someone can get this video to them that would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU9ORokNrIc
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Nut

Gearslutz makes the world go round!!

Music Licensor ask Sync Summit about giving Music Dealers Sync Agency Award

https://postimg.org/image/m3akjylon/

https://twitter.com/licensor

Eric attends Sync Summit '16 as a speaker - promoting his " Return of The Hustle" < HOW IRONIC! lol

https://postimg.org/image/hs8stejg7/

https://postimg.org/image/mt9o0le9d/

https://postimg.org/image/5f62grgpj/
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Hey everyone i need a favor...

Can someone send me the paperwork/proof of the $9 million loan? I'm doing a lengthy video about this whole situation and need all my facts straight before i commit it to the mighty YouTube...

PM me for my email if you don't have it.. thank you very much!
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Guru

Am I a poser / wannabe and not a hipster if I didn't know anything about MDealers before this thread?
Old 29th July 2016
Mrx
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Am I a poser / wannabe and not a hipster if I didn't know anything about MDealers before this thread?
Not at all. I only heard of Music Dealers 3 days before this thread.
In fact it's super cool not to know anything about Music Dealers.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Guru

Why is it the be all end all thing to discuss then???? Can't we go back to what orchestral library is the best one to buy???? Anything but more Music Dealers.....
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Why is it the be all end all thing to discuss then???? Can't we go back to what orchestral library is the best one to buy???? Anything but more Music Dealers.....
Geesh Dr Bill. Its only been one week of a music sync news cycle.
Your acting like we been talking about this for months.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
A facepalm? Really. Let's see....

You have 38 posts on this forum and around 25 of them are on this thread...... Now....who gets a facepalm???
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Feels like 6 months.... But come on, a facepalm? Really. Let's see....

You have 38 posts on this forum and around 25 of them are on this thread...... Now....who gets a facepalm???
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:

Get a grip, dude. It's a just a forum.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by one helpful guy View Post
Get a grip, dude. It's a just a forum.
You're taking this way to serious dude. Do you have a thousand songs in MD or something? Or are you wondering what orchestral library to buy.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
You're taking this way to serious dude. Do you have a thousand songs in MD or something? Or are you wondering what orchestral library to buy.
What? I haven't discussed MD at all. Are you confusing me with the OP that is invading your personal forum? ...
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
huh?
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:

So i need to have a 1000 post before Im taken serious to join the elite gearslutz club, ok? i guess.

But it seems this thread was read by more than just Gearslutz people .
So Idk Dr Bil.......l I would say my average is pretty good so far
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear

AHHHH.... too much yellow!!!!!!!
Old 30th July 2016
Here for the gear

My company was signed up with Music Dealers, we got the legal forms last week regarding the liquidation. We had been chasing them for 2 sync fees and a commercial demo fee for over a year. Every single time we asked for our money we got nothing but excuses and now we will most likely get very little of what we are owed, the legal forms say exactly that. I saw first hand that their deals barely paid any royalties and most of the time there were no sync fees at all paid to the artists.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
So Idk Dr Bil.......l I would say my average is pretty good so far
What can I say..... you're a bona fide Music Dealers statistician / genius.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Maniac

There is a new company - "Music Crack Dealers"

Complimentary pipe for every new signing.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
What can I say..... you're a bona fide Music Dealers statistician / genius.
Wait till HitLicense, Taxi, Music X-Ray, and few others lurking in the dark, get a load of me .lol
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

--
Old 2nd August 2016
Here for the gear

Hey Guys i was an artist with music dealers
Just before this news came out, they sold one of my songs to Nickelodian and didnt tell me about it, I found out through someone who messaged me randomly to tell me the song was on an advert, a sneaky move on their part because it was done just weeks ago, when they were probably well aware they were moving to liquidation, and I wasnt made aware. How the hell do I go about getting my cash?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search