The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steinberg announces Dorico!! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineStream View Post
======
Peter, I was a Sibelius user who made a big fuss at the time. DIdn't know about your website, but I protested loudly to the company and online. Avid seemed avid for just one thing: our money.

For those who've used both Sibelius and now Dorico,
- how do you like the Dorico user interface compared to Sibelius?
- do files previously created in Sibelius transfer relatively seamlessly into Dorico or are there hitches/glitches?
- and vice-versa? If I go over to Dorico and then want to share files with Sibelius -- or Finale -- users, what are the issues, if any?

Thanks!
I like Dorico, but coming from Sibelius, it's a steep learning curve for me. That's personal, some people get on with the program quickly.

Importing / exporting is best done through XML. that is a third party application, and things will get lost.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search