The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
WoW Warlords of Draenor - How To ?
Old 26th November 2014
Lives for gear

WoW Warlords of Draenor - How To ?

Just to take a mental break, I downloaded Worlds of Warcraft - "Warlords of Draenor" after seeing my son play it. I wasn't expecting almost a quantum step up in quality. I think i'm going to get one of those 7.1 surround sound headsets when I play the game, just to learn.

It's one of those things, where I thought I was keeping track of things, from a sound/music viewpoint - I had heard about the music gamer conferences and stuff ... but really didn't "get it" till yesterday. Any hints, references, how to's and/or instruction on high quality gaming music/sound design are very welcome, I'm on a new sound quest.
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Nut

I dont understand what you mean, are you asking how they create the sound & music?

This article might be of interest - Warcraft Sound
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
I dont understand what you mean, are you asking how they create the sound & music?

This article might be of interest - Warcraft Sound
Thanks, awesome link ... has a lot of references to get me started. It even has some twitch links, I find those very useful in that I get to hear exactly what the listener is hearing/doing.

I think my question is a bit vague, the older Wow the sound and music was good, but now the sound/music of WoW is fully "cinematic". Seems to me like it has gone through a step change, from normal "game music" to interactive cinematic music. I also have just barely looked at object oriented sound, I did some art installations a few years ago, but now the sound feels fully integrated with the scenes(almost like in the vfx industry, where the camera image is composited with the vfx). There is something sophisticated going on and I don't have the vocabulary to even ask the question correctly.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search