The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iOS Rhythm Game I've been working on. Looking for testers.
Old 9th November 2014
Here for the gear

Arrow iOS Rhythm Game I've been working on. Looking for testers.

Hi Guys,

A shameful plug, I know. Me and the company I work for are almost ready to release our new game for iOS. It's a space based rhythm game where you need to abduct animals in time with the music .

I thought I'd post about it here hoping someone might find how we made it interesting or would like to give it a test.

I've been really lucky to work with a programmer who was able to create all the functionality I could ever want. We have designed our own audio engine / tracker system, so that means all the music in the game is built on the fly by the mobile/tablet. This means we can reuse samples, speed up and slow down the tracks without any time compression/expansion, and potentially have an unlimited amount of music.

The game has a big (for mobile) sample bank, each level/planet has it's own .midi file that the tracker reads and plays back the required samples. Also included in the .midi are gameplay events and camera triggers etc, meaning everything is in perfect synchronicity with the music.

We aren't using Unity or any other game engine, instead it is our own in house engine. The whole thing is written in C++, and the audio stuff is handled at an extremely low level, we can see all the information going to the audio card, and with that data can use to alter the graphics. Another cool thing, because the programmer doesn't understand how to say no, he has generously incorporated real-time audio effects like pitch, reverb e.q and others! On iOS! Mobile!

Anyway, the real reason for the post, we are currently testing the game and I'd really love to get some critical feedback from other game music peeps.
Here's our teaser trailer: and if you fancied testing it please send an email to [email protected]

If you do send an email, make sure it's from your itunes apple id email account thingy, and we can send a build straight to you.

Thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search