The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Woodwind Village - New Piece In Development
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Woodwind Village - New Piece In Development

Hi guys, I'm hoping for some feedback on my latest piece.

It's the music for a game demo I'm preparing as a portfolio piece and consists of 2 Flutes, English Horn, Bassoon, Cello and Marimba. There are day and night sections that had to be the same lengths and I wanted the mood to contrast appropriately for each. (Night section starts at 2:19)

The game environment is a woodland forest with a small rustic village with a windmill. The environment will be populated with Dwarf characters hanging out, wandering around and chopping wood. Sleeping in the woods, fighting and arguing and whatever else I can animate. It's a happy place so although it's an FPS perspective, there'll be no weapons available.

I've recorded all the environmental, sound effects and dialogue but I'm happy with those elements and would love any thoughts any of you had on the music. There will be a day/night cycle that will loop around, however this version continues onwards into a second day section to a finish point.

Thanyou in advance and I hope to hear your thoughts.

https://soundcloud.com/robburnley/woodwind-village

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search