The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Microsoft HoloLens
Old 15th June 2015
Lives for gear

Microsoft HoloLens

I just saw the Microsoft HoloLens VR gaming demo of Minecraft live from the E3 gaming conference via YouTube streaming. HOLY ****!! The future is happening now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgak...i7ebcjsYadVTcV

At 2:35… goosebumps!

While I may not be a Minecraft guy, I can easily see the INCREDIBLE possibilities of this technology for immersive applications - from gaming to productivity. As such, we are going to have to get smart and really expand creativity for ways to create and realize our music & sound design to fully take advantage of this.

Stems - It seems like providing a stem of *EVERY* instrument would be a great start. So as a person moves their head / view point you could have every source in the pinpoint appropriate spot. The interface could appropriately duck & re-EQ sources when music was supposed to be behind/below/above the user.

Amazing potential,
Sam
Old 15th June 2015
Lives for gear

Goosebumps, I got them too.

I wonder if anyone is going to spend their day without a Hololens in a couple of years. Reality looks so flexible and colorful "under the hood". Oh boy......... Ex Machina here we come.

Here is another trailer which shows how the future might look like:
https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

Guess the touchscreen is already outdated.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by color; 15th June 2015 at 11:58 PM..
Old 15th June 2015
Gear Maniac

So amazing. I want a softsynth compatible with Hololens. Don't like the wave shape? Reach out and grab it. Seems like some plugins could work interestingly with it too. Izotope's RX for example, or anything with a waterfall graph. Reverbs maybe? Holographic mixing boards, drum pads, theramin. If i knew anything about software development i would be getting started on something crazy just to try it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search