The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,322
Views: 2,322
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm in need of a new Mac for my home-based EDM studio. While I love the rMBP, the portability premium is not warranted, as I...

minus.toes
replies: 2 views: 551
cinealta 12th December 2014

Hi all, I've been trying the s-gear demo out alongside amplitude fender 's and i really can't decide which sounds better or...

pjk
replies: 11 views: 4,540
pjk 12th December 2014

Hi Guys, Will this keyboard be able to function as an audio card while hooked up via USB to my MacBook Pro? Kind of all in one...

ensemble
replies: 2 views: 700
ensemble 12th December 2014

Which DAW - Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live or Pro-Tools would you recommend as having the easiest-to-use interface for a complete...

cactus_farmer
replies: 90 views: 20,028
Pro5 12th December 2014

Hi there- any PC netbooks out there with 6-pin (ie. bus-powered) firewire 400 connectors? All I can find is models with...

soulstudios
replies: 18 views: 6,005
dadac 12th December 2014

Hi, What is your top 5 of most used plugins? Mine (in random order): Fabfilter Pro-Q Lexicon PCM Slate Digital VCC Fabfilter...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 217 views: 32,862
Rackerman 12th December 2014

My DAW system had no any dropouts and underruns before. But after the windowsupdate of August this year, audio playback and...

parco
replies: 12 views: 1,074
parco 12th December 2014

I've been messing with these things for years and have grown to love 'em. I think after starting out on tape years and years ago...

namooz
replies: 6 views: 791
namooz 12th December 2014

Quick question....I was interested in purchasing an Audient Mico for a variety of reasons including having a solid state pre and...

KJandKT
replies: 2 views: 660
KJandKT 12th December 2014

Everything im coming across is geared towards playing live which is not what im after, im trying to find out what is a decent...

Sk1nZ
replies: 0 views: 385
Sk1nZ 12th December 2014

Hey everyone, I don't even know if "unrectified" is a word, or the RIGHT word for it. But I frequently get given...

mrbibidy
replies: 2 views: 615
mrbibidy 12th December 2014

Greetings slutz, Have been a longtime lurker on this forum but only recently joined, so first of all, big thanks to everyone...

jross
replies: 61 views: 16,036
zigziglar 12th December 2014

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone is having any success with realtime jamming / collaboration in Australia? One of the...

yeloop
replies: 3 views: 543

The VSL is on sale right now, they have a few trumpets and I'm wondering which one I should get. The classification for the...

Goit
replies: 36 views: 5,862
sylva 12th December 2014

Cubase 8 is out, and Steinberg's website claims that they have doubled Mac performance because they "completely rebuilt the...

robotpriest
replies: 27 views: 3,008

I hate to see my beloved white cat go, but now I'm increasingly finding some obstacles to newer software as Apple stopped OSX...

aligak
replies: 0 views: 577
aligak 11th December 2014

Bought HD system S/H and have the iLok with original account name and password. I already have another iLok that I use for my...

princeplanet
replies: 21 views: 16,035
clubber 11th December 2014

Anyone here get their computer(s) refurbished and/or brand new? I'm asking in general but also in regards to Apple.

boombapdame
replies: 5 views: 576
Steve Fogal 11th December 2014

When doing parallel processing using a plugin with a wet/dry mix knob, is it better to use it with wet/dry on an insert vs...

IMRECS
replies: 0 views: 591
IMRECS 11th December 2014

Greetings, Yesterday I bought Focusrite Scarlett Solo, installed it and instantly, on playback heard distorted sound, popping...

onlymnml
replies: 6 views: 664
onlymnml 11th December 2014

I have Action Strikes for Kontakt and one of the features is you can create your own drum loop patterns and then while holding a...

SexWithRobots
replies: 0 views: 399
SexWithRobots 11th December 2014

just got a few waves plugins and i can use them all as inserts except for center which i really need for an instrumental track,...

C0419
replies: 9 views: 1,341
C0419 11th December 2014

We have a session that has autotune 5 across 20 tracks. I own autotune 7, but the CPU useage is insanely large when we load the...

indecline
replies: 11 views: 2,089
lurker94 11th December 2014

I've had the HSO now for a few years, and only started looking into expressions and such recently. What are the people's...

Gingerninja
replies: 1 views: 1,230
smoke 11th December 2014

I plugged in a client's external hard drive into my mac. I opened up his .ptx file. We decided to record new drum tracks over his...

firehouse12
replies: 3 views: 565
firehouse12 11th December 2014

Hi! I'm about to upgrade my sound card. At the moment I've got a Mbox Mini 3. I need more inputs than the mini offers me...

SteveKnobz
replies: 2 views: 616
SteveKnobz 11th December 2014

Hey guys, I just started using Waves IR-L to load speaker cabinet impulses. I'm using Pro Tools 9, going into Guitar Rig...

ShawnyPurp
replies: 8 views: 1,598
Diogo C 11th December 2014

Hi folks. I'm getting a new computer . Wondering this is a decent set up? http://www.ncix.com/...em-e9-99923.htm

pjarrett
replies: 0 views: 443
pjarrett 11th December 2014

In Osx 10.9.5. Everything was ok yesterday. But today the interface won't appear. Tried restart laptop and interface, reinstall...

Sailor Hope
replies: 3 views: 396
Sailor Hope 11th December 2014

I am doing a project involving old 24 track 2" tapes from the 80's and early 90's which are Dolby A and Dolby SR encoded. I...

kdf
replies: 20 views: 4,876
kdf 11th December 2014

Hi, I've got a couple of questions about Gain Staging. I hope you guys and girls can help me out here. To be clear, Gain...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 108 views: 9,639
stardustmedia 11th December 2014

I wonder how this would work in a DAW: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-an-intuitive-precise-wireless-controller

Matt Allison
replies: 0 views: 542
Matt Allison 11th December 2014

I'm in search of a convolution reverb plugin that is 64 bit AAX for PT HD 11 and I have in mind using Bricasti Impulse Responses...

Mystic Muse
replies: 22 views: 11,764
Zoot 11th December 2014

Hi, I've been working on a project of all overdubs and running into some rhythmic issues... At first I thought I just sucked,...

salseez
replies: 4 views: 802
valis 11th December 2014

Hello, What is a decent USB computer interface to allow me to playback/mix tracks from my computer through my mixing console?...

Koopdaddy
replies: 5 views: 531
Masaaki 10th December 2014

I REALLY would like to know what you guys use for prerendering your tracks before you start mixing to keep EQ and compression to...

Musician
replies: 5 views: 3,188
Hollowmoon 10th December 2014

I'm thinking about building a new computer, possibly a hackingtosh. I can't seem to find any straight answers on whether or not...

ltjohnrambo
replies: 12 views: 4,266
PFRfan 10th December 2014
replies: 1 views: 466
rkwyent 10th December 2014

Is there a VSTi library out there with a good selection of the following: - acoustic piano - electric pianos/keys -...

musicus
replies: 18 views: 840
MyBootsOnFire 10th December 2014

Hello just today I received my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. I noticed that on BOTH volume and headphones volume pots, cause a...

musicman90
replies: 3 views: 1,430
Ricco 10th December 2014

Heavyocity has just released two new Reaktor instruments (BitRate II and MonoBoy) developed in conjunction with Icebreaker Audio....

ryanmallen
replies: 0 views: 433
ryanmallen 10th December 2014

I went ahead and got updates on these today without waiting to hear if they were solid. Duh! Couple of crashes so far with VBC....

jayfield
replies: 18 views: 1,788
Taurean 10th December 2014

Hi I've just spent the last hour trying to upgrade my PTHD2 rig to 7.4.2cs4 from 7.4 however the installer says I have to have...

simondnoble
replies: 3 views: 551
simondnoble 10th December 2014

Hi i put this pc together earlier this year CPU:i7 4770k €280 Case:Fractal Design R4 €82 RAM:16GB 1333 €140 GPU:Radeon...

Meltdown Studio
replies: 10 views: 996
GregR 10th December 2014

how are the deals around xmas for plugins compared to black friday? Im assuming Boxing Day will have some pretty good ones? ...

Yumid
replies: 4 views: 916
valis 10th December 2014

Hi, To help with workflow, I've constructed a mix template with all busses, I/O mapping, groups etc all in place (i.e. drum...

ollieneedham
replies: 1 views: 408
ollieneedham 10th December 2014

Which would help me achieve that top 40 sound, I record synths and drum machines though a symphony. I own distressors, an...

Vanitas
replies: 5 views: 1,029
Toni-P 10th December 2014

I have a ProStudio from Purrfect Audio for my mixing and mastering. It is located in an acoustically treated room. I have a...

TremoJem
replies: 9 views: 683
TremoJem 10th December 2014

Which is the best Console Plugin? I tried the Waves NLS and wasn't impressed or wasn't using it properly. From what I've seen on...

Gentleman
replies: 1 views: 526
VT-MHE 10th December 2014

Hey folks. I am looking for a way to do the old finger-on-the-tape trick to slow down and speed up a track. I can sort of do it...

Grimace
replies: 5 views: 1,023
Remco Z 10th December 2014

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search