The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music Computers

Sponsored ByUniversal Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I'm looking to get a pair of speakers to replace my awful stock ones that came with my computer case but I can't exactly spend...

sjohns37
replies: 25 views: 3,155
filipv 30th March 2011

Hi I am new to these forums and hope I’ve posted correctly I have been unable to find a thread that matches I have an ADAT...

Music Speaks
replies: 2 views: 1,079
Music Speaks 30th March 2011

I am thinking about either the Roland Space Echo, or the Cooper delay. Which one would you pick and why? I am currently using the...

Tube World
replies: 6 views: 1,387
Washington 30th March 2011

anyone work with a bitcrusher rtas plugin thats good? or recommend one im working with pt9 and reason 5 thanks!

skelegore
replies: 3 views: 2,284
bengrimm 30th March 2011

Can someone recommend a 5.1 surround speaker setup for mixing in surround sound in Pro Tools 9? Unfortunately, i have to get rid...

royalxvi
replies: 5 views: 2,219
MustacheVerra 30th March 2011

So I have the 15" MBP, which has no PCIE slot. I'm stuck with one 800 port, and 2 USB. I just got the EW CCC, but I didn't...

roman.miranda
replies: 8 views: 1,351
roman.miranda 30th March 2011

I currently backup my two main internal hard drives to a third external and one external every night (total about 2 TB...mostly...

jguitarguy27
replies: 4 views: 734
TPBaker 30th March 2011

I've read some conflicting reviews on this and wanted to know other's experience with digital audio/music production with RAID,...

liqueo
replies: 42 views: 10,745
Joe Porto 30th March 2011

This piece of kit looks dead good, load up to 8 wavs and tune into different ones just like an old school radio, sounds. It's...

naypalm
replies: 3 views: 3,249
arcanjoloco 30th March 2011

Hey, I'm sure you been asked this before, but i want a little bit more insight to the pros and cons of each one. I'm looking into...

mindgone5150
replies: 14 views: 5,777
Trakrunner 30th March 2011

SOoooo. Just trying to map the rotary knobs on a evolution mk-425c to control plug-in parameters in pro-tools. You'd think you...

tommcfall
replies: 3 views: 3,361
fakir_cz 30th March 2011

I'm going to be using a pc, RME Fireface UFX, lynx aurora, and Cubase as my studios main daw. This is a professional studio...

Ramchandra
replies: 1 views: 1,167
Ramchandra 29th March 2011

I have a Mac pro with 10.5.whatever on it and pro tools 8le. If I upgrade to 10.6 will I have to re-install pro tools and all my...

Cookie
replies: 3 views: 522
Cookie 29th March 2011

This is crazy. I was sitting in front of my console and thought 'hey, let's upgrade my Merc+SCC bundle from version 6 to version...

The MPCist
replies: 37 views: 6,846
lbartram 29th March 2011

Hey folks, anyone know of a plugin that emulates some serious warble from a tape? I have tried airwindows' flutter, and it's not...

tinlunchbox
replies: 5 views: 5,357
guavadude 29th March 2011

Watch the vid... Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV Apparently a slight refresh with Sandybridge...

andsonic
replies: 4 views: 822
James Will 29th March 2011

Hi, recently I had one of my HD formatted. By mistake, (I was in a hurry) I backed up the shortcut icon to my files.. (mostly...

Kerozen
replies: 0 views: 517
Kerozen 29th March 2011

Blockfish. Why the **** is this not intel mac compatible STILL? Is there not someone who can take over development?...

halcyo
replies: 75 views: 12,952
CKK 29th March 2011

Been going crazy trying to find a way to upgrade from 5 to 6 and can't seem to find it. DOne searches and seen the same question...

dasoundjunkie
replies: 9 views: 5,218
dasoundjunkie 29th March 2011

I just switched from Windows to Mac but i dont know how to switch between outputs on os x... on Windows i was able to do this in...

STIP.dot
replies: 1 views: 828
STIP.dot 29th March 2011

Is there a way to: Clear all peak indicators at once Close plugin or send windows with a shortcut (Command W obviously doesn't...

Matt Grondin
replies: 4 views: 956
Spike 29th March 2011

I think I've heard SpeakerPhone on vocals by Britney Spears, 3Oh!3 and Hellogoodbye. I'm just wondering, do you guys use...

alyricalmind
replies: 4 views: 840
stevens119 29th March 2011

My humble opinion on the new 4-channel controller.... Data Transmission : Gear Review: TRAKTOR S4 I know it's not strictly...

bengomori
replies: 1 views: 1,254
tribeofenki 29th March 2011

At the moment I'm looking at three (or more?) options on a new computer I'd like to purchase for the purposes of audio production...

JKLS
replies: 19 views: 2,429
Pred80r 29th March 2011

hi! when i put about 8-12 uad precision multibands in one session than i get massive asio cracklings and a massive latency...

nott
replies: 7 views: 2,011
nott 29th March 2011

Is this ever done? I have only ever scored in stereo but I am wondering if composers ever mix purposely in surround (or use plugs...

moog man
replies: 4 views: 2,246
moog man 29th March 2011

My 30 day old OCZ agility 2 ssd just died on me and after researching many brands online, I'm not sure what to go with. Can you...

syntheticrhyme
replies: 17 views: 1,786
troggg 29th March 2011
replies: 3 views: 2,436
smemily 29th March 2011

So my computer crashed and i'm trying to backup some files from a HD that was in there. Its a sata 3.0 drive. I put it in to...

Stevedresser83
replies: 0 views: 534
Stevedresser83 29th March 2011

hey. i have an annoying problem. i am mixing a song at the moment with 60 audiotracks. my PC is nearly new,...Intel i7 920 with...

tape_attack!!!
replies: 5 views: 611
Remeniz 29th March 2011

Hello all, been searching some threads but I been checking out this...

djasmooth
replies: 5 views: 1,279
jitterybit 29th March 2011

I own a 003r and I used the serial # in the crossgrade offer a few months back to pick up Pro Tools 9. If I sell my 003r, does...

M.S.P.
replies: 4 views: 815
M.S.P. 29th March 2011

My macbook pro is dead, bang. I have a gig wednesday and need to use Traktor Pro, but as my mac is broken my only alternative...

ReubenTobias
replies: 3 views: 707
sardi 29th March 2011

Hi! I'm standing for the buying decision of a new soundcard or interface. I was wondering if there is a big difference from...

Zuewi
replies: 51 views: 41,852
kgdrum_nyc 29th March 2011

So I received this as part of the la-610 rebate deal from last year. I have many great plug ins(waves,etc.),but never used these...

freedomrock
replies: 14 views: 2,023
Confusionator 29th March 2011

Hi, I am tracking a record and would like to put together an HD video of behind the scenes video of the recording process. I'm...

LumenStudio
replies: 21 views: 1,710
LumenStudio 29th March 2011

I write music for a music production house and have been using BFD 2 and more recent, Abbey Road 60's and 70's in Kontakt. Here...

dsound
replies: 35 views: 4,393
chrisso 29th March 2011

Can anyone tell me how much a difference quad core vs dual core is going to make for me mixing and mastering at 96k in PT9?...

Ashtray Heart
replies: 2 views: 5,086
gdoubleyou 29th March 2011

In ProTools 9 HD (on a TDM rig) - does the "surround" mixer plugin use more DSP? - if i'm just stereo mixing -...

mixerguy
replies: 0 views: 1,615
mixerguy 29th March 2011

Hey gang, Tried to find the answer to this using the search function, but came up with a lot of hard-to-parse thread...

Caldo71
replies: 6 views: 721
-tc- 28th March 2011

Been searching for a few days on this topic, lotsa info but i need a straight yes or no answer to be happy. The mac book pro...

gt_jumper
replies: 4 views: 954
gt_jumper 28th March 2011

I'm using my MOTU 8pre and a MacBookPro to get 8 channels of audio via an ADAT lightpipe out of a Yamaha 01v96 digital mixer on...

pathdoc
replies: 2 views: 653
pathdoc 28th March 2011

Ok this has been driving me nuts for years! Whenever I engage auto punch and set the red markers for punch in and out it also...

emeline-rec
replies: 2 views: 687
misterdmmc 28th March 2011

What I want to ask from ALL DAW users with a Gigabyte motherboards is the following: 1) Do you experience the dreaded...

BlueSwan
replies: 62 views: 23,587
soundfoundry 28th March 2011

I think I've got my head around the routing on the Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid. I have a specific question about routing to the...

Me2
replies: 3 views: 3,204
Me2 28th March 2011

Thank in advance for some help on this. My setup is a Pro Tools 003 rack + with a Lynx aurora 8 ADAT connected set up on light...

TLH
replies: 1 views: 1,121
TLH 28th March 2011

Before I am flamed for asking a question that's apparently been addressed, my contention is that this problem has not. My noise...

arudius
replies: 6 views: 4,425
robophonic 28th March 2011

Hello, I recently installed a RME HDSpe aes card in a new build. I seem to have no output. The totalmix app shows a normal level...

gregory
replies: 5 views: 1,327
gregory 28th March 2011

I must say, this is by far the best live drums plugin series I've used (I've worked with all other drum plugins I believe,...

mac black
replies: 89 views: 12,317
pathdoc 28th March 2011

Hello guys, I'll be upgrading my monitoring system and I'll get a Benchmark DAC-1 to use with a Macbook. Should I get the...

jeronimo
replies: 6 views: 1,696
jeronimo 28th March 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search