The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music Computers

Sponsored ByUniversal Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I had a mackie 400f and it sounded really good. Seems to be going on the fritz where synch and lights sometimes don't come on....

composer
replies: 0 views: 495
composer 4th July 2011

Hello - When do you think we will see affordable Thunderbolt external drives for sale ? I'm not speaking of the $2000-plus...

JohnnyFoster
replies: 14 views: 2,896
composer 4th July 2011

I'm looking for a sampler plugin that I can use to play random samples, for instance drum hits with various samples of the same...

Cursed Lemon
replies: 2 views: 593
bensaddiction 4th July 2011

All setting settings on the VS and in Logic are set according to instructions to use the VS as a Control Surface with the Mackie...

shanabit
replies: 1 views: 1,233
shanabit 4th July 2011

Hello all. I have a 2010 MBP 13" C2D 2.4ghz. 4GB RAM. 256GB Samsung 470 SSD. Just recently ordered PT9. Will be...

Kamurah
replies: 3 views: 626
Kamurah 4th July 2011

every time I try to audition a loop it gets cut off I was wondering if any other ppl were having this problem. I have tried...

skiff
replies: 4 views: 968
FLYINGJAY 4th July 2011

Hello All, I'm looking to purchase a new computer. Right now I'm looking at a Macbook Pro but I would like to run Pro Tools LE...

ericedge
replies: 4 views: 1,494
LoveByLyrics 4th July 2011

Here are some early experiences using an iPad 2 in the studio, specifically with four apps I've started out with: 1. Screens...

Sky
replies: 1 views: 561
Alex Aliferis 3rd July 2011

Man. I've just discovered that how musical these filters sound! I was mixing a dance track and just playing with the soundtoys...

Roberto Alvarez
replies: 3 views: 996
Solar 3rd July 2011

Hey guys. I'm on a MacBook using Logic Pro 8 going through an M-Audio Profire 2626 interface. I just opened a song that I had...

breathsavers
replies: 2 views: 1,344
charliegamboa 3rd July 2011

Is there a delay plugin with a plugin chain for the feedback loop. So that every time the audio fed back, it would go thru the...

NL5
replies: 4 views: 612
Muser 3rd July 2011

Hi GS! I`ve been working on the acoustics of a projectstudio of me and friends of mine. Since the acoustics are in pretty good...

Mosely
replies: 6 views: 938
Mosely 3rd July 2011

Hey, Quick question - I recently purchased a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's and they're plugged into the SPDIF input of my...

JKLS
replies: 1 views: 520
JKLS 3rd July 2011

I'm sort of confused about it. is it exclusively for a/d and d/a converters?

blackmajik2021
replies: 0 views: 519
blackmajik2021 3rd July 2011

I'm shopping for a new motherboard for a DAW PC I'm building. Does the type of audio chipset on the mobo matter if I am using an...

Source
replies: 2 views: 434
Source 3rd July 2011

I love the feature for forking with a single track, like vocals. has anyone noticed that it doesn't work with a grouped...

Drywsef
replies: 5 views: 1,860
psycho_monkey 3rd July 2011

tried to use "line in" on the back of my pc and it was unavailable ...then under the volume panel recording was grayed...

frenzycat
replies: 1 views: 496
Aof 3rd July 2011

I'm working on a vocal track and the end of a note is really bad. So I separated the bad part, deleted it, and stretched the good...

LGK_Dude
replies: 1 views: 4,945
davey boy 3rd July 2011

For all of you that use Fruity Loops if you have a iPhone or iPad you have to get this app. It gives you all the options the...

kontra152
replies: 7 views: 1,459
kontra152 3rd July 2011

IK Multimedia So its up to 4 & 1 right now, and honestly the biggest thing I care about is the strings. Are they any...

peter_martin
replies: 7 views: 1,080
mirrorboy 3rd July 2011

Take any other DAW, grab a region, resize, move, copy or whatever, and it happens instantly. With Logic there is always a little...

claesbjo
replies: 4 views: 729
valis 3rd July 2011

Greetings. Im not entirely sure if this is in the correct forum. I have a cubase project with drum files that were recorded...

Ruinous_Jack
replies: 3 views: 965
stella645 3rd July 2011

Hello there, I was wondering if you guys could give me tips how to get better results with drum quantizing at cubase 6. What I...

cosmob83
replies: 5 views: 2,187
stella645 3rd July 2011

I'm looking for a VST3 Compressor that has an internal side-chain filter (one that compresses certain frequencies while leaving...

jditmer0
replies: 20 views: 5,385
undertone 2nd July 2011

i have always heard this and believe it to be true. macs defrag automaticly. ok, how? during reboot? does it automatically...

sleeper1400
replies: 54 views: 5,322
elan 2nd July 2011

I know that developers/programmers lurk around here, so I'm going to throw this idea out there for a DAW...

James Meeker
replies: 8 views: 1,011
theblue1 2nd July 2011

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro (latest version with the firewire port 800). Connecting my ProFire...

hotblood
replies: 1 views: 494
hotblood 2nd July 2011

Lately, I've been experiencing a problem where my audio will just stop. Everything else seems to be working fine: my computer...

pseudonym813
replies: 0 views: 460
pseudonym813 2nd July 2011

Does anyone have any idea what part of Geekbench scores would correlate with how Logic performs with the "armed track"...

emilision
replies: 2 views: 610
emilision 2nd July 2011

I've ordered a maxed out iMac with all the added extras which will be here on Monday, I'm wondering whether due to it having an...

Protooled
replies: 29 views: 1,923
Zoolook 2nd July 2011

just wondering what you are using as an external HD for a macbook pro my 2 USB ports are used up so it would be a FW 800 one i...

trock
replies: 7 views: 728
rmx16 2nd July 2011

hi logic 9.1.4 on a new macbook pro osx 10.6.8 - 2.3 - 8 gigs ram - 500 gig 7200 internal i have a vs100 by roland setup as...

trock
replies: 0 views: 387
trock 2nd July 2011

Here's the situation. I bought a MacBook pro with Logic (discs and all and already installed) but now that I want to install...

LoveByLyrics
replies: 7 views: 629
psycho_monkey 2nd July 2011

I'm making my first attempt to build a computer for creating music in my home studio. I searched the forums for up to date...

Source
replies: 0 views: 463
Source 2nd July 2011

Hello All, As the title suggests, I am looking for quality video tutorials for pro tools 9. Normally I would google it but...

Arkatakor
replies: 9 views: 3,880
djloekee27 2nd July 2011

Is there only a modelled Waves plugin ? While there are so many software SSL compressors ? Or what else is there ? (next to the...

Musician
replies: 3 views: 2,130
brockorama 2nd July 2011

Can you not browse the full patch library from the Omnisphere iPad app?

andy0568
replies: 0 views: 577
andy0568 1st July 2011

My 2008 MacPro has been running flawlessly for 3 years but now it spontaneously restarts seemingly without reason. It can restart...

gainreduction
replies: 8 views: 3,104
Trendkill 1st July 2011

So, I stumbled across a Profire on craigslist for $100. Obviously there was a noted problem with the unit. Seller stated that...

Chris Dean
replies: 0 views: 909
Chris Dean 1st July 2011

Hi, I have a question for anyone that has experience with Vir2 VI.ONE and Kontakt 4: Since NI is having the 50% sale through...

partyofone
replies: 2 views: 1,201
partyofone 1st July 2011

...And I know the Cubase 6 mix bus is the same as Nuendo 5's. Or supposedly. (Someone correct me if I'm incorrect.) And Nuendo's...

andonwego
replies: 60 views: 10,172
FLYINGJAY 1st July 2011

Hello everybody, this is my first post here! My PC: asus p6t ws pro i7 920 ssd Corsair 12GB RAM corsair ati 6670...

VeXzero
replies: 6 views: 1,310
VeXzero 1st July 2011

This is born out of the Logic 9.1.4 thread. I had a few question that has started to make me think. Am I the only composer who...

drumdrumdrumdrum
replies: 13 views: 695
psycho_monkey 1st July 2011

Hey guys, in my little studio set up (in an outbuilding), I don't have room for a "proper" monitoring/mixing area, so...

S.Filpansick
replies: 2 views: 587
S.Filpansick 1st July 2011

Helo, everybody. I hope everything's going great. howdy I'm getting a problem recording my acoustic guitar with the Focusrite...

irisdeejay
replies: 10 views: 2,008
irisdeejay 1st July 2011

Greetings everyone. Just built a new i7 SB workstation and got an MR816. Performance looks to be OK (I don't get any dropouts...

Leitmotiv
replies: 10 views: 2,620
Leitmotiv 1st July 2011

Does the new pt 9 support raid yet. I would be running my project files of my raid 10 and install the software on my boot SSD. ...

irthwirm
replies: 0 views: 1,527
irthwirm 1st July 2011

Yes I know there are bemchmarks, even for Logic and that there are places like barefeats, macworld, Mac rumors, etc but none help...

composer
replies: 1 views: 575
composer 1st July 2011

I'm just about to order a LIO-8 to use primarily with pro tools. I've noticed that some firewire interfaces seem to work much...

Mr XY
replies: 4 views: 1,084
JonesH 1st July 2011

Recently got a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. After installing the MixControl app, things were working very well. I plugged in my...

JackArrgon
replies: 1 views: 4,274
WillFocusrite 1st July 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search